PDA

View Full Version : Jones Vs. Tarver

Ajay
11-08-2003, 02:56 PM
So the Jones Jr vs. Tarver fight is on tonight. I was just wondering who everyone thinks is gonna win the fight?

I'm going for Roy all the way......think this fight will be AMAZING!

buh_buh
11-08-2003, 03:18 PM
Jones will destroy anybody he fights.

civic_stylez
11-08-2003, 03:29 PM
i duno but i hope the pay per view that i paid for is worth it and ive always been a jones fan myself.

itsnotaDUB
11-08-2003, 04:52 PM
Tarver is a cocky punk i hope roy wipes the floor with him to retain his belts

DUBBED
11-08-2003, 05:17 PM
i hope jones embarrasses tarver...

i love how he can make a fool out of almost anyone he fights

Ajay
11-08-2003, 05:21 PM
I agree with that one....Jones gave up his heavy weight belt so he could drop a weight class to fight Tarver.

That should show how much he wants to make Tarver look like a fool. My guess is after he wins these belts from Tarver he'll give them up again to move back up a weight class...think he's just doing this fight cause it's something he wants to prove to himself.

It'll be a good fight for sure....just hope it doesn't end in a retarded decision like the De La Hoya vs Mosley II fight did.

illeagle
11-08-2003, 05:25 PM
JONES!!!! It'll be a good one

euro tang
11-08-2003, 05:54 PM
I didnt wanna start a new thread just to ask this so I'll just ask in here:
wheres a good place to go watch the fight tonight, and not too expesive for cover?????? please let me know!

Ajay
11-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Shancks usually has the fight.....for the De La Hoya fight they charged $15/head.

civic_stylez
11-08-2003, 11:17 PM
JONES TAKES IT IN 12 !!!! look good for tarver tho. im soooo drunk! yay for me!

rage2
11-08-2003, 11:51 PM
haha good decision. I dunno what tarver was thinking... his 5 flurries of punches ain't enough to win the fight.

He should've tried a little harder, he was on the verge of knocking out Jones IMO. Jones looked sooo tired.

Funny how Tarver still thinks he won the fight. Made him look like an idiot IMO.

civic_stylez
11-08-2003, 11:57 PM
ive seen almost all of joneses fights and he usually showboats and dances around... tonight he looked tired and i have never seen his face swollen before. im still a huge jones fan but tarver gained alot of respect tonight... now jones is calling on tyson!!!!

Ajay
11-09-2003, 02:26 AM
I'm a HUGE Jones fan but I have to say that Tarver was the better boxer tonight and Tarver did get robbed.

Jones didn't do shit this fight...that decision should have definetly went to Tarver. Every time Tarver had him on the ropes he went to town...alot of those shots didn't connect but a fair amount did give some damage to Jones. That's evident in the fact that Jones' face was swollen up by the 6th round. Tarver walked outta that fight with no swelling no cuts...just a minor nose bleed.

With this fight Tarver wanted it more and was more motivated than Jones was...sure Jones gave up his belt in heavy weight but that doesnt matter. Tonight Tarver was the better fighter and he deserved to win....not Jones.

I'm disappointed in the outcome of this fight....if it had ended in a draw that would have been better but Jones DID NOT win this fight.

itsnotaDUB
11-09-2003, 02:26 AM
tarver yah ok i never doubted jones but tyson?, come on imo jones stands no chance......

ugotahondaeh?
11-09-2003, 04:10 AM
I saw the fight also and IMO Tarver didn't get rob of anything. Pound for pound he can't match Jones' skill level in the middle of the ring and it showed throughout the whole match. The rounds that Tarver won were the ones when he managed to get in his fury of punches while Jones was against the ropes. Tarver can't beat Jones on his worst day and it was proven tonight. Jones gave an honest 7 out of 10 answer when asked about how he and his body felt tonight and it showed. As the fight went through the rounds, Jones was gettin' tired but through all of that, Jones still fought back with a lot of determination and heart.
So the right person did win tonight IMO. :clap:

rage2
11-09-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
Jones didn't do shit this fight...that decision should have definetly went to Tarver. Every time Tarver had him on the ropes he went to town...alot of those shots didn't connect but a fair amount did give some damage to Jones. That's evident in the fact that Jones' face was swollen up by the 6th round. Tarver walked outta that fight with no swelling no cuts...just a minor nose bleed.
The judges don't judge on 30 seconds worth of beatings (just like Jones said). They score on 3 full minutes, where Jones consistently was on the agressive side (except for first 2 rounds).

Just because tarver got the crowd going for 10 seconds with Jones on the ropes every few rounds doesn't mean he deserved a win. He didn't have what it takes to finish, even though in some of those flurries, he could've finished off Jones.

Oh yea, and the judges don't judge on how much physical damage was inflicted either.

Just look at the power shots numbers, Jones had way more connects!

Weapon_R
11-09-2003, 01:10 PM
So what do you think: Tyson vs. Jones?

rage2
11-09-2003, 01:19 PM
I'd pay to watch Jones vs Tyson.

I haven't seen a good tyson beating in a LONG time! :rofl:

Ajay
11-09-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by rage2

The judges don't judge on 30 seconds worth of beatings (just like Jones said). They score on 3 full minutes, where Jones consistently was on the agressive side (except for first 2 rounds).

Just because tarver got the crowd going for 10 seconds with Jones on the ropes every few rounds doesn't mean he deserved a win. He didn't have what it takes to finish, even though in some of those flurries, he could've finished off Jones.

Oh yea, and the judges don't judge on how much physical damage was inflicted either.

I disagree with that completely....Jones was anything but consistent throughout a round. I'de say Jones had even less fury's than Tarver did and EVERY TIME Tarver had him in a corner or against the ropes which was a fair amount of time he went to town on him with combo's of body shots and hit's to the head.

Jones is a better fighter than Tarver no doubt about it...especially in the open ring but in my opinon he didn't get as many opportunities as he did against Tarver in the open ring as he had previously against other fighters. Tarver did win the crowd that is true and I agree that you don't win a fight by winning the crowd. The crowd doesn't make the decision the judges do but I don't know what fight the judges were watching.

IMO Tarver did get robbed.

I think the under card fight with Angel Hernandez and Winky Wright was a better fight than Jones vs Tarver.

civic_stylez
11-09-2003, 02:16 PM
i agree with ajay.. if you watch jonses other fights, he dances around and showboats. he was running from tarver for most of the fight...i was just expecting more from jones than what i saw last night. i could have seen a draw but not a 4 point difference!

pinoyhero
11-09-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
Jones will destroy anybody he fights. :werd:

EacydeLude
11-09-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Then please explain to me how the judging worked on the Oscar Delahoya VS Mosely fight? Clearly that wasn't the case there!

ninjak84
11-09-2003, 08:04 PM
Jones got beat, 2 more rounds and he would have hit the floor.
Those judges should try using the right half of their brain sometimes.