PDA

View Full Version : Shaw customer service?

shakalaka
08-26-2009, 10:20 PM
So I applied for this job among several others. I have to write couple of law exams and I thought in the meantime might as well work somewhere.

Anyway so I got a call from a lady today and she conducted half hour interview on the phone, which I think went pretty well. Anyway so now she's invited me to a 'meet and greet' next week where I have to take some papers, references. Apparently its going to be about 12 people here and includes 2 hour introduction to the company and 1 on 1 interview with a supervisor. So I am just wondering if anyone here has done one of these before and what exactly is this? What should I expect when I go? Anything special I need to be prepared for, any particular kinds of questions? Basically anything that can help me out in getting the job?

Thanks Beyond!:thumbsup:

2Valve0
08-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Yea ive went through this.
The supervisor who is interviewing you will be the one who will be yours if you get the job. IMPRESS THEM. They will ask you shit about your customer service experience, "describe a time when you had a difficult customer and how you dealt with it and solved it". basically just have a few bullshit answers in your mind for questions involving customers and you will be fine. and dress to impress shirt and tie.

shakalaka
08-27-2009, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by 2Valve0
Yea ive went through this.
The supervisor who is interviewing you will be the one who will be yours if you get the job. IMPRESS THEM. They will ask you shit about your customer service experience, "describe a time when you had a difficult customer and how you dealt with it and solved it". basically just have a few bullshit answers in your mind for questions involving customers and you will be fine. and dress to impress shirt and tie.

Thanks for your reply. Basically the women who conducted the telephone interview asked me the exact same question and lots of other similar questions like 'describe a time you went above and beyond to help a customer'. And I could hear that she was typing my answers as well and the phone interview lasted for about 25 minutes. So do you think they would be asking the exact same questions at the actual place as well? You say impress the supervisor? Any general ideas or pointers on how to do that? I mean are they expecting something in particular from you that if you do they get reeled in or something?

And for the clothes I asked her if there was a dress code and she said its just business casual and I was thinking of just wearing some dress pants and a shirt, no tie or anything else. Would that not be sufficient?

Criticull
08-27-2009, 09:20 AM
You probably don't NEED a tie, but it's definitely more pro to wear one. I would def wear one to the interview and then whatever the office norm is after that. Always take it one step higher for the interview. Muy better first impressions. Even when I did an internal interview recently, I moved it up a step, just like most other candidates. It shows you're serious and more prepared.

They are just going to ask you about customer service situations, like how you've dealt with difficult people, and they might ask some slightly masked behavioural style "what if" questions. They wanna see if you can relate to the everyday. WWJD kind of stuff.

Basically if you're confident and either give real experiences or BS experiences, it's all the same. They just want to make sure you know the diff between right and wrong and make sure you're not gonna blow up on people who hate on you for SHAPING MY DAMN PACKETS. Lol, good luck.

hattonlynch
09-08-2009, 03:13 PM
for some reason i didnt ended up getting that job even t hough i thought i had a kick ass interview. could be the fact that i never worked bs retail jobs and mcdicks in high school/out of school and went where the money was (construction, etc)

[GaGe]
09-08-2009, 04:19 PM
I went through this about 4 months ago. Here's what to expect:

They start off with a little bit of paperwork. Your personal info, permission for them to do a criminal background check, etc. Most of the paperwork isn't done until the first day of training if you're hired.

Dress code is business casual, so no jeans or shorts, nice shoes and a nice shirt. Don't have to wear shirt and tie.

Then they bring you into a theatre room where some managers and HR employees introduce themselves. You'll have to introduce yourself and talk a little bit about yourself infront of everyone. After a brief introduction to the company, they'll divide you into groups, give you a topic (how is ______ important to your position, or something similar to that), and your group will have to prepare a presentation and present it infront of everyone.

After the presentations, everyone will have a 1 on 1 interview with a supervisor. That'll be your supervisor if you end up getting hired. The questions are almost identical to the ones from the phone interview, so make sure you don't get caught bullshitting haha.

bubbley
09-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by [GaGe]
I went through this about 4 months ago. Here's what to expect:

They start off with a little bit of paperwork. Your personal info, permission for them to do a criminal background check, etc. Most of the paperwork isn't done until the first day of training if you're hired.

Dress code is business casual, so no jeans or shorts, nice shoes and a nice shirt. Don't have to wear shirt and tie.

Then they bring you into a theatre room where some managers and HR employees introduce themselves. You'll have to introduce yourself and talk a little bit about yourself infront of everyone. After a brief introduction to the company, they'll divide you into groups, give you a topic (how is ______ important to your position, or something similar to that), and your group will have to prepare a presentation and present it infront of everyone.

After the presentations, everyone will have a 1 on 1 interview with a supervisor. That'll be your supervisor if you end up getting hired. The questions are almost identical to the ones from the phone interview, so make sure you don't get caught bullshitting haha.

wow..sounds intense!

jonnycat
09-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by hattonlynch
for some reason i didnt ended up getting that job

I'm thinking this is sig worthy.

snoop101
09-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Im so glad I dont have to go through what some of you have to go through now. Growing up in a small town and working for small business is sooooo much better in the long run then you kids who grow up in the city and dont actually start working till your 19+(not saying everyones over 19).

Having manager skills at the age of 16 is priceless.

Also having to put up with stupid interviews is something im glad I dont do. Even now I get the odd dumb interview and usually end up walking out because I dont have time for them. I mean im sure each industry is a bit different, but in the IT world if your getting interviewed by someone who has no idea about IT and is reading questions off a paper and just writing things down your better to just stop them and tell them exactly what you want and if they dont like it you leave. I had to do this with one of the recruiting agencies.

jazzyb
09-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by snoop101
Im so glad I dont have to go through what some of you have to go through now. Growing up in a small town and working for small business is sooooo much better in the long run then you kids who grow up in the city and dont actually start working till your 19+(not saying everyones over 19).

Also having to put up with stupid interviews is something im glad I dont do. Even now I get the odd dumb interview and usually end up walking out because I dont have time for them. I mean im sure each industry is a bit different, but in the IT world if your getting interviewed by someone who has no idea about IT and is reading questions off a paper and just writing things down your better to just stop them and tell them exactly what you want and if they dont like it you leave. I had to do this with one of the recruiting agencies.

:drama:

hattonlynch
09-10-2009, 03:14 PM

you're pretty bad ass

BlackArcher101
09-10-2009, 06:46 PM

We all bow down to your elite skills.