PDA

View Full Version : AC/DC Edmonton

rage2
08-27-2009, 03:20 AM
So, anyone else go tonight? I'm fucking drenched from that insane storm. Props to AC/DC for rocking out thru that, dunno how they didn't slip and kill themselves.

The lightning going off non stop with the show made it 10x more epic.

Tomorrow's gonna be a tough day, I got a 16 hour shift. :(

Supa Dexta
08-27-2009, 06:21 AM
Had some friends that went to the moncton show.. Like 80k people, and a wicked time they said.

sputnik
08-27-2009, 07:42 AM
My boss was there. He was on the ground so I am assuming he got soaked too.

flipstah
08-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Man, sounds like a sweet concert!

Thunder + 'Thunderstruck' = Epicx10000

zvoeeq-BH4w

dino_martini
08-27-2009, 10:21 AM
I couldn't go. but I'm hoping they will do another north american leg....

darkrider911
08-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
I couldn't go. but I'm hoping they will do another north american leg....

I don't think they will.... Brian Johnson said after this tour they're calling it quits. But I'd love for them to add more dates to the tour.... that would be killer, I saw them when they played at the Rolling Stones Rocks Toronto years ago.... and I would LOVE to see them again.

And Thunderstruck in thunder.... agreed: FRICKEN EPIC!

rage2
08-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Yea, the real thunder around the stage felt like something out of Rockband or Guitar hero haha. Pretty damn epic, even tho it was freezing.

One huge complaint - what's up with edmonton chicks? The cameras gave girls tons of opportunities to show their tits, but nothing. So disappointing.

darkrider911
08-27-2009, 01:21 PM
^ No flashing of the titties? WTF kind of girls are they?!:banghead: That's just wrong! haha

rage2
08-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by darkrider911
^ No flashing of the titties? WTF kind of girls are they?!:banghead: That's just wrong! haha
There were a few slutty looking chicks, but generally it was just a whole lotta rosies... :rofl:

darkrider911
08-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by rage2

There were a few slutty looking chicks, but generally it was just a whole lotta rosies... :rofl:
Well that's a let down, and I wasn't even there.... I could only imagine the people that were there and how they must've felt.

DJ Lazy
08-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Any pics or vids rage?

rage2
08-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Only a couple pics from my iPhone. I was dead center on the floor beside the raised stage, so I got to see the guitar solo right in front of me. If I had my DSLR with me where I was sitting, it would've been insane!

http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/misc/acdc1.jpg

http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/misc/acdc2.jpg

http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/misc/acdc3.jpg

darkrider911
08-27-2009, 02:47 PM
That is KILLER! Lucky guy.... great spot to be at.

Supa Dexta
08-28-2009, 06:57 AM
The crowds got insane in moncton and security got overwhelmed so they had to take down some fences, so a ton of people just walked in. My cousin went, he left late, no ticket.. Missed all the traffic (like 5 hour waits) and then just walked in, and managed to get front row center. :rofl:

Beerking
08-29-2009, 10:34 AM

One huge complaint - what's up with edmonton chicks? The cameras gave girls tons of opportunities to show their tits, but nothing. So disappointing.

Must have been in the wrong section, I had friends go saying they got lots of titties...they're married so they wouldn't lie, they laughed about it.

Side note, I live down in the river valley (1km away) and I sat in my backyard and heard every lyric. My house shook sometimes...Free concert FTW!

Hearing Hells Bells and seeing lighting flashing and hearing thunder was surreal!

darkrider911
08-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Beerking
Side note, I live down in the river valley (1km away) and I sat in my backyard and heard every lyric. My house shook sometimes...Free concert FTW!

That would be quite the treat to get a free AC/DC concert!:werd:

Inzane
08-29-2009, 12:04 PM
I was dead center on the floor beside the raised stage, so I got to see the guitar solo right in front of me.

How do you always manage to score such awesome seats at shows like this?

rage2
08-29-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Beerking
Must have been in the wrong section, I had friends go saying they got lots of titties...they're married so they wouldn't lie, they laughed about it.
Don't get me wrong, there were tits around me, but when you're up on the big screen, you show your fucking tits. It didn't happen.

Originally posted by Inzane
How do you always manage to score such awesome seats at shows like this?
Usually, I get tickets through some of my contacts that gets blocks of seats reserved, as well as American Express front of the line, so I never have to fight to get good tickets. I passed on the tickets because I wasn't sure if I would be in Calgary or India when the concert was happening (I blew $1k on Seinfeld tix and missed the show).

I got lucky (or unlucky) for this one. I picked up a pair of tickets online, and drove up to Edmonton with a friend. We tried to get in, and the tickets were invalid. These stupid online tickets, guys are selling their tickets 2-3x over so the first people got in already. So now, we were in Edmonton, with no tickets. Walked down the street and a scalper had a pair of floor tickets for $600. Bought them, walked to our seats, and the show started just as we hit our section. So ya, very very lucky to end up with even seats to the show, let alone kickass seats.

Lucky I bought those online tickets with my CC, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem getting my money back.

Eleanor
08-29-2009, 09:25 PM
I went to the show in the 'Peg.

Amazing, Angus is such an awesome showman :D

dino_martini
08-30-2009, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by darkrider911

I don't think they will.... Brian Johnson said after this tour they're calling it quits. But I'd love for them to add more dates to the tour.... that would be killer, I saw them when they played at the Rolling Stones Rocks Toronto years ago.... and I would LOVE to see them again.

And Thunderstruck in thunder.... agreed: FRICKEN EPIC!

If they don't do another North American leg that sucks, but my own fault for missing out. Oh well, next life.