PDA

View Full Version : In car DVD players

20veloz02
11-08-2003, 09:32 PM
What brand do you recomend for in dash DVD players, thx

Gondi Stylez
11-09-2003, 04:53 AM
pioneer or clarion!! apline is way to much $$! not worth it! IMO!

rage2
11-09-2003, 12:04 PM
I love my Clarion VRX925. Plays everything... Video CD's, DVD's, MP3's. Nothing else compares!

I took a few VCD/DVD/MP3 samples around to different stores, only the Clarion deck played 'em all.

pinoyhero
11-09-2003, 12:08 PM
Go clarion!

20veloz02
11-09-2003, 12:11 PM
If u guys dont mind me asking, where, who, and how much did u pay for your clarion DVD decks. thanks

rage2
11-09-2003, 12:26 PM
I'm selling my Clarion VRX925 deck if you're interested. Wanna upgrade to VRX935 for the additional input (I have nav, want nav and PS2 hehe).

20veloz02
11-09-2003, 12:41 PM
Is the vrx-925 capable of running 3 other tvs? and a couple of diff signals(ps2, dvd, diff dvd) if so how much u want, it might be an option.

rage2
11-09-2003, 01:02 PM
The deck is capable of running 1 monitor (identical source output). If you want multiple monitors (3 additional) you should look into the AV switcher option, which allows you to have 4 outputs, multiple zones (each zone can use different A/V input as output) and 4 additional monitors.

tegdream
11-09-2003, 01:27 PM
how many on the vrx630?

have to get mine installed :(

googe
11-10-2003, 03:53 AM
rage, tell me why the clarion is better than the pioneer avh-6500dvd and Ill buy it off you :)

)v(ortal
11-10-2003, 07:28 AM
Alpine hands down.... if quality means sumthin to u that is

-db

googe
11-10-2003, 11:20 AM
alpine pretty much sucks :thumbsdow

they have the best picture, but they dont play hardly anything besides commercial DVDs, and their navigation support is useless in canada...and they cost 2x as much

bigboom
11-10-2003, 12:26 PM
buy my clarion 935vd :)

KoukiS14
11-10-2003, 04:06 PM
Alpine does not suck for DVD. Yes they have best picture. The DVD Nav works fine in Canada. You must be thinking back 5 years or so.

rage2
11-10-2003, 04:18 PM
hehe yea, I've been using Alpine Nav for over a year, works good in Calgary.

Fluidic
11-10-2003, 04:34 PM
Rage how much for your dvd deck?

googe
11-10-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by NismoS14
Alpine does not suck for DVD. Yes they have best picture. The DVD Nav works fine in Canada. You must be thinking back 5 years or so.

The picture quality is best, but their support/features sucks. Still dont play burned dvds, dont play VCD, dont play SVCD. No touch screen, no voice control.

Rage, didnt you say the nav only does vancouver area, calgary area, and GTA? Wouldnt call that working fine in Canada :)

Site still says that...
"Includes Smart Map Pro DVD ROM (Covers Continental U.S. and Toronto/Vancouver Canada)"

The pioneer unit is the best deal Ive seen so far, it does everything except play mp3s on dvd-r.

)v(ortal
11-10-2003, 06:19 PM
im a alpine fan... touch screens are ok but they get to damn dirty to fast!!! ppl touching ur screens with there greasy fingures!! and wen u go and show ppl (not that u should) then u got fingure prints all over it.... just me but alpine styles look amazing, piture is amazing, the sound quality is amazing.... theres nuttin much u can as for....

-db

googe
11-10-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by )v(ortal
im a alpine fan... touch screens are ok but they get to damn dirty to fast!!! ppl touching ur screens with there greasy fingures!! and wen u go and show ppl (not that u should) then u got fingure prints all over it.... just me but alpine styles look amazing, piture is amazing, the sound quality is amazing.... theres nuttin much u can as for....

-db

I'll agree with that... quality, alpine wins hands down, and expect the prices to reflect that. Features and support however, alpine is usually bottom of the barrel. Theyre the last to do everything.

Fluidic, why are you considering rages clarion dvd deck, when you were just selling your pioneer? Just out of curiosity...

itsalebaron
11-10-2003, 07:31 PM
I have a panasonic .. doesnt play vcds mp3s or even cdr's but I have a 8 disk changer that will play those. I think panasonic is one of the best quality of picture wise ... and I always have trusted panasonics quality.... It also is kinda cool that the screen can shift towards either the driver or passanger which does come in handy. I have no complaints with mine.

)v(ortal
11-10-2003, 09:55 PM
i only like the panisonic decks... i dont liek quality or anythin bout the screens but i would still take one for free :D

-db

KoukiS14
11-10-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by googe

The picture quality is best, but their support/features sucks. Still dont play burned dvds, dont play VCD, dont play SVCD. No touch screen, no voice control.

Rage, didnt you say the nav only does vancouver area, calgary area, and GTA? Wouldnt call that working fine in Canada :)

Site still says that...
"Includes Smart Map Pro DVD ROM (Covers Continental U.S. and Toronto/Vancouver Canada)"

The pioneer unit is the best deal Ive seen so far, it does everything except play mp3s on dvd-r.

Like i said maybe 5 years ago, the new ones play MP3, DVD-R etc just fine

Touch screen blows, who in their right mind wants to touch the viewing area and get it all full of finger prints. Do you do this at home with your TV or monitor on your computer? Bad enuff to dirty that tiny screen in your car.

Fluidic
11-10-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by googe
Fluidic, why are you considering rages clarion dvd deck, when you were just selling your pioneer? Just out of curiosity...

I like Clarion better. I had to decide between Pioneer and Clarion. At the time I went Pioneer due to the fact that the processor is built in, where the Clarion is external.

Simple. :)

itsalebaron
11-10-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by )v(ortal
i only like the panisonic decks... i dont liek quality or anythin bout the screens but i would still take one for free :D

-db

I have had high end panasonic decks in the past and I think the quality of the dvd/screen is WAYYYY better ... I havent had one problem with the screen in 2 years .. so far so good .. I would recommend them ..

And as far as quality I meant I trust Panasonics worksmanship in their regular TV's, Stereos, Phones etc ..

)v(ortal
11-11-2003, 11:04 AM
house audio vrs car audio is like comparing mars to earth... hudge difference......

panasonic = good house audio / ok car audio (quality not quit met)
alpine = amazing car audio
sony = amazing house audio / piss poor car audio

just a bit of comparison

-db

itsalebaron
11-11-2003, 01:28 PM
Hey everyone has their preferences. I wouldnt buy anything Sony not even home electronics. I am just speaking from personal experience with the panasonic decks and screens. You might have heard this or that or even looked at one to arrive at your opinion but when you own one and use it for a while you actually find out if its decent or not.

As you can see I have never said Panasonic is BETTER in any way all I am saying is the picture quality is awesome, and it is built VERY well. And when you say I am comparing Earth to Mars in your cleaver little analogy... did you mean to imply they are similar in ways? or completely different? Because in talking with the Panasonic rep they use the same technology in their normal televisions as they do with the mobile in car screens. I really think you need to do some actually research before you just make assumptions, or atleast learn the difference between the red and black wires:poosie:

)v(ortal
11-11-2003, 01:49 PM
^^ :rofl: :rofl: ya i have done reasearch on pani product... i loved there decks until alpine started comin out with sumthin amazin but ya its just personall prefrence

db+

rhizzle
11-13-2003, 01:28 AM
Hey everyone who said they wanted to sell their dvd deck give me a price im looking into buying one.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
11-13-2003, 01:36 AM
i have a question...
will a dvd deck play Mp3 dvd's ?
and if so is there an effective way to index 5 gigs of mp3's that a touch screen can eaisly navigate thru ?

googe
11-13-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO
i have a question...
will a dvd deck play Mp3 dvd's ?
and if so is there an effective way to index 5 gigs of mp3's that a touch screen can eaisly navigate thru ?

No :(

I have been looking for this feature for a while

teggydrvr
12-06-2003, 10:13 AM
Alpine all the way they have never failed me! In my opinion i think they are the best in car audio.

DeSi
12-06-2003, 10:31 AM
CLARION trust me man it is the best

carmex
12-12-2003, 02:40 PM
:guns:

sexualbanana
12-12-2003, 07:14 PM
I think the picture quality on Alpines is best, but the worst thing is that the actual in-dash deck doesn't read DVDs and you'd need a seperate player for the DVD.

jdmsource
12-20-2003, 01:26 PM
i think clarion is the way to go!!

redx2nv
12-24-2003, 10:34 PM
i have a clarion vrx610 with a vcz625 multimedia changer. This changer can play EVERYTHING, dvd's, mp3, cdr's, vcd's.

However clarions quialty of the screen is lacking, when the deck is flipped up the buttons rattle and the pictures isnt the greatest. my friend has the top of the line kenwood tv and that thing is amazing in picture quality compared to clarion.

clarion, good product for the dollar. not the best, not the whorst. the best=eclipse :bigpimp: