PDA

View Full Version : Tim Hortons & Cold Stone Creamery

chengj
08-27-2009, 04:22 PM
A few Tim Hortons in Calgary just added ice cream! They partnered with the Cold Stone Creamery chain. It's similar in style to what Marble Slab offers.

The location at Braeside and the location in Avenida both have it. Does anybody happen to know which other locations have it?

I might add that I tried some last night and it's awesome. The Tim's people were seemingly a little lost as they got used to serving/preparing the ice cream. But I'm sure it'll be more efficient in a few days.

Criticull
08-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Nice Timmy's, I didn't think I could value them more.

nonlinear
08-27-2009, 04:33 PM
great, one more thing to confuse and slow down those damn idiots that work there.

you know why there's always huge-ass lines out the parking lots at timmies? it's not because of greater demand - it's cause it take 3498729847283947 minutes to order, with all the fat asses trying to figure out what kind of doughnut they want, and cause the behind-the-counter operations are just plain silly. i should not have to wait for 3 minutes after ordering just to get my coffee.

seriously, tim hortons needs a major overhaul of their behind-the-counter operations. those people back there are always running into each other and it takes them forever just to throw out a bagel with cream cheese or a breakfast sandwich. how come all of the other fast food places can seem to make it work, but at hortons you're looking at a 5 minute wait for a bagel :dunno:

chengj
08-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Yeah... I went last night about about 9ish, so the lineup was tolerable. But I wouldn't want to go there at a peak time... The Tim's staff were definitely running over each other. The same person would take your order, make your ice cream and then take your cash... Except there were like 4 of them... all trying to use the same counter/till.

The ice cream was good though. I'll probably just make sure I only go to the places with ice cream later in the evenings.

FiveFreshFish
08-27-2009, 04:48 PM
http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/about/2670.html

rockanrepublic
08-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
great, one more thing to confuse and slow down those damn idiots that work there.

you know why there's always huge-ass lines out the parking lots at timmies? it's not because of greater demand - it's cause it take 3498729847283947 minutes to order, with all the fat asses trying to figure out what kind of doughnut they want, and cause the behind-the-counter operations are just plain silly. i should not have to wait for 3 minutes after ordering just to get my coffee.

seriously, tim hortons needs a major overhaul of their behind-the-counter operations. those people back there are always running into each other and it takes them forever just to throw out a bagel with cream cheese or a breakfast sandwich. how come all of the other fast food places can seem to make it work, but at hortons you're looking at a 5 minute wait for a bagel :dunno:

i cant say i ever payed attention to this but yea it is pretty bad i want one ice cap and i need to wait in like for like 15min.. no matter what time of day.

Hash_man
08-27-2009, 06:31 PM
I agree with nonlinear... sure the ice cream might be good... but Tim's seems to keep adding more and more things to their menu without removing anything... Way too much shit going on and will just slow things down which IMO is the last thing that needs to happen.

5hift
08-27-2009, 06:41 PM
I think its more of their training/setup than that their menu is too big. At the Tim Horton's here at the UofL, sometimes I'm standing in the line and there is more employees than people in the lineup, yet I'm waiting 15 minutes for a double double. I dont care how big the menu is, 5 employees not being able to handle 4 customers ... something else is wrong.

Pollywog
08-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by chengj
Does anybody happen to know which other locations have it?

24st SE (Douglasglen) also has this now.

pf0sh0
08-27-2009, 06:53 PM
The ice cream from them is super good. Marble slab quality

nonlinear
08-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
I think its more of their training/setup than that their menu is too big. At the Tim Horton's here at the UofL, sometimes I'm standing in the line and there is more employees than people in the lineup, yet I'm waiting 15 minutes for a double double. I dont care how big the menu is, 5 employees not being able to handle 4 customers ... something else is wrong.

yea, the U Calgary location is the same. you can expect to wait 20 minutes when the line is 2 people long. it's funny cause they have like 8 people working there, but no one seems to really be doing anything? seriously, how can it take 20 minutes to get through a line of 10 people who are just ordering coffee and doughnuts?

98type_r
08-27-2009, 09:24 PM
It's just the three locations for now as a trial and they should expand later if all goes well.

Vagabond142
08-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Having worked at Timmies, I really don't understand how it can be complex to make a drink :P Where I worked (Uxbridge) was usually good for fast service, but the line was so damned long (I'm not kidding, 75+ at all times) that you HAD to be fast. A bit of insight for you guys to snicker at: from an order to drinks on the pickup shelf is supposed to be 45-60 seconds, no matter the order type (except iced capps, because those take time to make). I could meet that easily, it's all in preparing the first drink of an order while the second was put in, then prepping the second while the third came in, etc. You had to be fast and accurate, and a lot of Timmies employees.... aren't. The good ones will bang out orders till their fingers bleed at the speed of light, the bad ones will piss you off. It's also the fact that the coffee pots have speed spouts for a reason (and I burned my hand many times too!), but a lot of employees don't realize just how fast you can pour outta those bitches, again, if you're fast and accurate.

The ice cream sounds like an interesting idea, but I sure as hell hope that they aren't making the coffee area people doing it. Foodies should be doing it (the sammich bar peeps).

Mys73ri0
08-28-2009, 12:57 AM
i dont know if most people notice, but every time I'm inside timmies, I never see more than 2-3 tills... whereas a mcd's of the same size can have 5-8... if they would open more tills, it'd increase their processing time of people inside... as for drive through, all it takes is 1 slow person who doesn't know how to order to back everything up...

Pollywog
08-28-2009, 07:52 AM

yea, the U Calgary location is the same. you can expect to wait 20 minutes when the line is 2 people long. it's funny cause they have like 8 people working there, but no one seems to really be doing anything? seriously, how can it take 20 minutes to get through a line of 10 people who are just ordering coffee and doughnuts?

Same issue with the non-drive thru tims on 16ave between 9th and 10th street. Drives me up the fucking wall - I literally could go back there, guess where everything is and do it faster.

Aleks
08-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Tried the coffee, milkshake thing last night at Braeside location. It was pure sugar :dunno:

Dumbass17
08-28-2009, 12:33 PM
haha
some days i'm amazed at how fast the drive-thru is
i'll order, pull up and my sandiwch is already made

other days i'm sitting there forever

i think they need more room back there to work. i don't know how those people work with like 5 other people in a space as wide as a hallway..i would lose my shit

Disoblige
08-28-2009, 04:47 PM
The reason why you see such shit service at Tim Hortons is because the kids who work there stay there for a month or less and then quit. I remember when I used to go to drive-thrus for coffee, every week it was a different person and it was because they quit (I had asked). And my first job was at Tim Hortons so I would know as well. Shit there isn't hard, most things there come fucking frozen lol. The only thing is how busy it can get but still, the prep work is very small.

Jonel
08-30-2009, 03:14 AM
the one at 64th avenue and center street is pretty fast. takes less than a few minutes to make my daily 2 L DD, XL 2S, L 1C2S.

black13
08-30-2009, 03:45 AM
From experience, its usually the fat asses that take their sweet time being picky about what they want.

But I agree, this is only gonna slow down the lines even more. I don't think this is even a good business decision when your gonna have staff taking up more time for a single order and losing more small orders at the same time.

swak
08-30-2009, 03:50 AM
Its the people that order sandwiches in the drive thru that slow it down to hell.
When i see this, it really gets to me.

But, i highly doubt that anyone here will ever go to the Tims in Selkirk Manitoba, but they have the most efficient Tims ive ever seen. The line-ups always packed (its also the only Tim Hortons in town).

Why cant all of them be run like this.

Then to the other extreme, the one in Douglasdale off the 24th Ave exit by Sobeys is a joke!
My coffee breaks over by the time i finally get my coffee.

nonlinear
08-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by swak
Its the people that order sandwiches in the drive thru that slow it down to hell.

shit, well how come I can go to any other fast food place, and order 4 meals with all kinds of special requests like extra pickles, no onions, whatever, and there is no problem whatsoever?

seriously, those sandwiches are pieces of shit and shouldn't take more than 20 seconds to make.

Amysicle
08-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Haha reminds me of this: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2581280419&ref=search&sid=719571216.685129435..1

swak
08-30-2009, 10:52 PM

shit, well how come I can go to any other fast food place, and order 4 meals with all kinds of special requests like extra pickles, no onions, whatever, and there is no problem whatsoever?

seriously, those sandwiches are pieces of shit and shouldn't take more than 20 seconds to make.

Id like to know the same.
But none the less it takes them a lot more time to make a sandwich than a coffee.