PDA

View Full Version : silver supra

kenny
08-23-2002, 12:59 AM
Leaving downtown today from 6th ave I see a car with a huge wing approach... as he passed me I see that it is a silver supra with a veilside kit and wing! I did a ricer flyby to acknowledge that its on, and waited for him to line up before we took off. He gunned it first (he was behind me by a few car lengths) and I gunned it as soon as he was lined up evenly. The automatic transmission in my sunday cruiser downshifts and I pull about 5 - 6 cars from the 14th street turn off till the bridge right before the crowchild trail turn off. I thought it would be over at this point but the supra caught back up and was on my tail so I tapped the gear shifter to downshift, and used some roadcourse skills on the turnoff to crowchild north. I was ahead again by about 5 - 6 cars and let off as there was traffic up ahead (I was also approaching the speed limit! :rofl: ). The Supra passes me and the driver gave me a quick nod.

I want a Supra! :)

Fun drive home. :thumbsup:

max_boost
08-23-2002, 01:02 AM
Same Silver Supra from last night?

[GaGe]
08-23-2002, 01:03 AM
Did the supra have a big rear wing? It might've been the one I saw in chinatown.

celica girl
08-23-2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by [GaGe]
Did the supra have a big rear wing? It might've been the one I saw in chinatown.

That supra is ALWAYS in chinatown... so sweet...

Dope Dealer
08-23-2002, 01:20 AM
I saw that Supra in China Town tonight! (It was parked across from Timothy's).

I also saw Rage2 and some other people downtown. I drove by and saw a bunch of asians then I noticed Rage2 infront of everybody (Saw him at a meet before, so I knew what he looked like) :)

I've seen that Supra before also. It has the full Veilside kit (including wing). So nice!

[GaGe]
08-23-2002, 01:24 AM
I was at treasures of china at about 10 PM. Were you there are that time?

Stratus_Power
08-23-2002, 01:27 AM
whats a "ricer flyby" ?? :dunno:

boi-alien
08-23-2002, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power

kenny.... care to explain? =)

Ben
08-23-2002, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by crxboi

kenny.... care to explain? =)

Thats when the race is over, but you blow by the other guy who is not trying to go fast at all...

Fuji
08-23-2002, 10:18 AM
Watch out for the silver veilside Supra that has BC plates. He's put more than the price of a new supra into it in mods, ... dunno if he's still around though

dj_honda
08-23-2002, 10:27 AM
there was one for sale last summer that fits that description........39 000$

DSM Power
08-23-2002, 10:46 AM
But is it a turbo?? :drool:

Heh heh, better that you don't know what it is... :p

Redlyne_mr2
08-23-2002, 11:49 AM
im pretty sure that that veilside supra isnt a turbo:thumbsdow

Dope Dealer
08-23-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

I wanted to go check it out, but I was just driving down 3rd ave to get onto the bridge and then I saw it and wanted to turn around but it was too late :)

If it has a T-Top, then it's a Turbo (Factory Turbo at least). I've only seen it twice though, and never seen the top down :)

Ed the SOHC
08-23-2002, 12:42 PM

step back boys, this is my department...

Definition #1:
Well, first I would race you... then after you kick my ass and slow down to cuz I'm 8 cars back and the race is over; I just blow by you and tell my friends that my vtec kicked in and I kicked your ass!:burnout:

Definition #2:
the act of blowing by a car that isn't even racing you.

D'z Nutz
08-23-2002, 01:00 PM
I went to high school with that guy I think. If it's the guy I know, that car's been banged up so many times....

DSM Power
08-23-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC

step back boys, this is my department...

Bang on... but now you've just educated them on HOW to do it... :( :p

nosoup4u
08-23-2002, 01:36 PM
i know both owners, supra community, lol

the one that is from calgary is stock, except for exhaust and 18 monte carlo rims.
the second is from the vancouver, the owner is scared of the car and want it downgraded? weird.
RCTS is downgrading the car right now but I also heard he doesnt want the car anymore.
the car last dynoed at 600rwhp, he is running twin gt2845's

Stratus_Power
08-23-2002, 01:45 PM
ahh interest , cant wait to actually experience one when i actually get a ricer :D me so poor ;D

i also remember seeing a sliver supra that looks like the one in china town for sell like a year if not more ago on canadatrader.com for 39,800

rage2
08-23-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

It is a turbo. I know because I was good friends with some of his friends, and I met his brother a few times.

three.eighteen.
08-23-2002, 02:47 PM
its been parked outside of my grandma's apartment complex a few times in chinatown

Fuji
08-23-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by nosoup4u
i know both owners, supra community, lol

the one that is from calgary is stock, except for exhaust and 18 monte carlo rims.
the second is from the vancouver, the owner is scared of the car and want it downgraded? weird.
RCTS is downgrading the car right now but I also heard he doesnt want the car anymore.
the car last dynoed at 600rwhp, he is running twin gt2845's

Did the guy used to live here in Calgary? He was pretty young.. The one I am thinking of was sent the car down to Cali and has a custom system, standalone engine mgmt and pretty much everything was stripped an rebuilt with god knows what parts. I think the car had around $80K just in mods... Is that the one.

van
08-23-2002, 04:26 PM
Yeah I see that Supra pretty often whenever I go downtown/chinatown.

About the ricer fly by thing, so many super riced up cars do that to me when I'm infront of the line on a red light.

They rev their engines and peel out and I just start off slow and then they slow down and give me a stare but it's not like I care. Nothing to prove to them.