PDA

View Full Version : Qustions on AMP wiring

TegLover
11-08-2003, 11:10 PM
k i have the rear pre-out to my 300W amp from my deck and amp is 4 channel so that means only 2 channel right? (RL and RR?) and i only got 1 sub...a friend told me to hook up the two channels by taking a positive from the left and the negative from the right or vice versa if it matters to my 1 sub. Currently i got 1 channel hooked up to my 1 sub, is that 300W or does the setup my friend gave me would take me to 300W? any help or advice would be greatly apperciated.

thanks in advance:)

Sean7
11-08-2003, 11:25 PM
Well if your amp is a 4 channel 300w amp that would mean its rated @ 75w per channel (300 divided by 4 = 75). That would mean that as it sits right now you are only giving your sub 75w. Thats probably not even rms so your looking at 45 - 55 watts. If you do as your friend said and bridge two channels, you will get 75w x 2 or 150w. Again if your amp is a cheapy this is maximum power and you will never achieve this power rating. 100 - 130w is more believable.

TegLover
11-08-2003, 11:28 PM
oic...ok i will try out that way then

thanks dude

Big_C_racing
11-14-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by TegLover
k i have the rear pre-out to my 300W amp from my deck and amp is 4 channel so that means only 2 channel right? (RL and RR?) and i only got 1 sub...a friend told me to hook up the two channels by taking a positive from the left and the negative from the right or vice versa if it matters to my 1 sub. Currently i got 1 channel hooked up to my 1 sub, is that 300W or does the setup my friend gave me would take me to 300W? any help or advice would be greatly apperciated.

thanks in advance:)

by 4-channel do you mean there are 4 outputs for speakers or 4 channels meaning 8 outputs?

if there are only 4 outputs then yes your friend gave you correct directions. I am not sure if it works on all amps but I beleive that on any bridgeable 2-channel amp it should work.

)v(ortal
11-14-2003, 11:59 PM
^^ mainly any amp with 2 chan can be bridge into 1 chan... some amps dont recommend it... but thats cuz maybe they suxk ass!! all good name brands with a 2cha amp can be bridge into a 1 chan... a 4 chan amp... i would get another sub and birdge both channles BUT if it says Right for 2 chans and Left for the other 2 chanles... i wouldnt use it for ur subs, that will wreck them!! reason is becouse its ment for ur mids and tweats, un less you have a crossover and a filter on the amp... then it will not wreck the sub... also becouse if u get the wrong sound goin int the sub i.e- you hear words coming out of ur sub then thats a bad sign... u dont want a single word or music other then bass to come out of ur sub...hope this kinda helps

-db

hjr
11-15-2003, 12:03 AM
the terminals on the back of your amp should tell you how to bridge it to 2 channels (if its a bridgable amp)

)v(ortal
11-15-2003, 12:06 AM
^^ yup thats tru too, check ur amp for any additional arrows pointing to one side of the chan way over to the next one... then follow those arrows to bridge... can u post a pic??

-db

Big_C_racing
11-15-2003, 12:10 AM
)v(ortal..........I am having that exact problem with my sub........I have bridged my amp and am getting all frequencies out of my sub. Have not been able to diagnose it......any ideas?

)v(ortal
11-15-2003, 12:13 AM
hmm... are ur rca's runnin along with ur 12v power wire?? and are wat settins are ur filters at??? and wat hu and amp u using??

-db

)v(ortal
11-15-2003, 01:53 AM
alo check ur ground.. nake sure its really tight!!

-db

Moonracer
11-15-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Big_C_racing
)v(ortal..........I am having that exact problem with my sub........I have bridged my amp and am getting all frequencies out of my sub. Have not been able to diagnose it......any ideas?

It sounds like the setting on the filter is either set too high or your amp doesen't have one. It probly does so look for the knob that says something like lowpass and set it to around the 80-90 Hz range. :)