PDA

View Full Version : Need help re: Toyota wiring

Kloubek
08-28-2009, 10:50 AM
ok - so I had my driver's mirror on my Sequoia broken off. Bought a replacement off Ebay and installed it. Did not realize at the time, but I purchased a non-heated when my mirrors are heated. I figure: no big deal... it just won't be heated.

So I install it. Pretty straight-forward... harness fits great.

Try to move it around from the inside using the power controls. Moves a little bit, but now I notice BOTH sides are moving, even though I have the switch moved to "Left". (Driver's side). Then it blows a fuse. I replace the fuse and try again. Nothing. Dead.

So I take the switch apart, and find that it has been overloaded somehow. The circuit lines are bubbled and fried. So I order a replacement on Ebay and install it.

And guess what - it fries AGAIN. No fuse blown this time... just the switch.

I have another switch now that I'm afraid to try out with the new mirror because I expect it to fry as well. I figured perhaps there is some sort of short in the new mirror, so I disconnected it and installed the new switch. But now I get no movement at all in my mirrors; even the right side, which SHOULD be moving.

I can't imagine that the wires could be fried anywhere, resulting in a short. But I really don't know what the hell is going on.

1) Do I need both mirrors connected for the circuit to work?
2) Does anyone have any ideas of why the switch is frying?
3) Is there a problem with the fact the original mirror was heated, and this one is not?
4) What the fuck is happening here?!?!

Thanks!