PDA

View Full Version : Things that piss you off about Realtors

JDMMAN
08-28-2009, 01:12 PM
Recently had an experience with a realtor who was a real "class act".

Some back ground info:

- Property was listed by said realtor.
- Went in to make an offer to said realtor; as such realtor now has dual agency. (essentially getting double commission).
- Went through negiotiations, my final offer being 4K apart from what the seller's willing to accept.
- Found out some extra info about the house. (done through some digging etc) and found out that the CHR Officer had issued an excuative order condemning the basement suite in-habitable for several reasons (non-conformance to suite guidelines).
- Decided to let the "deal" pass since I discovered this information.

When I had brought up the above information released by the CHR and said to the realtor that I had to pass up this opportunity since I'm uncomfortable with the fact that an excuative order had been issued. The realtor then goes about swearing at me and also making personal insults over the phone. (too bad I wasn't able to record this conversation)

To top it off, I get an email a few minutes later with a derogatory msg as well stating that "you're a waste of time".

FYI: This was a "Re-max" agent. First name starts with a "K" four letters and last name starts with a "B" six letters.

Talk about bad business practice. The last I checked it was all about offer and acceptance. And if a "deal" doesn't pull through that should be that.

snoop101
08-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by JDMMAN

To top it off, I get an email a few minutes later with a derogatory msg as well stating that "you're a waste of time".

this would have pissed me off the most. Thats like going into future shop, looking at a TV and saying "ya I dont think I like this one" and then having the sales person go off on you how you wasted his time.

JAYMEZ
08-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Yeesh not cool. Give Jordan a call LOL.. I just made a thread yesterday about him helping me find a home , nothing to lose!

JDMMAN
08-28-2009, 01:26 PM
I wonder if there's a formalized way to file a complaint about this type of "professional" behavior? Realistically when it came down to it, this guy could've closed the deal by bridging the difference between the two final offers. That still would've netted a higher commission for him then compared to another party who has agency with another agent. Luckily for me this didn't go through, I could imagine what the home inspection would come up as for all the repairs. :nut:

Turnover rate would've been faster as well.

This guy needs to learn some basic economics.

spikerS
08-28-2009, 01:33 PM
you can always contact the person's office manager, and re-max head office and make a formal complaint, and if you have the email to back it up, there is the proof.

msouther
08-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Another option is to send a letter in writing to RECA (Real Estate Council of Alberta) along with a copy of the email said realtor wrote to you. Maybe they can be reprimanded in some way by this. The industry is evolving and I think more and more of the bads ones will be weeded out. This will help the cause.

This realtor was obviously putting themselves ahead of the clients interests and thinking about their double ender above all else. In this situation the realtor should've explained agency relationships to you, and outlined options for you to pursue including enlisting the services of another realtor to act on your behalf. Call Jordan as there have been a number of positive raves about him on here. Good luck!

Dj_Stylz
08-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Post his name so others don't have to deal with him haha

Kloubek
08-28-2009, 01:45 PM
I had a similar instance a few years ago when selling a condo. I was directed to an agent who was a friend's brother in law. When he and his partner visited my home, they both said it was not going to sell for the amount I wanted for it, and suggested I list some 20 grand lower. I told them I disagreed. It was that suggestion and other things (such as insisting I was wrong about how much Welist cost... even though I had an active running ad) that made me feel uncomfortable, and I ended up emailing him and telling him I was going to go with another realtor.

He wrote back quite angry, calling me a waste of time and saying again I was being unrealistic with my price.

I ended up selling it 2 weeks later for exactly the price I was looking for. I didn't bother to email him back and tell him.

So no big deal eh? He just got pissy with me a bit. The real kicker came about a month later, when my friend who introduced us called me up and told me this agent told him I was freaking out when he visited. He said I was yelling, angry, and pushed him and his partner out the door. None of this was true.

But like with any business, you will get professionals and you will get wanna-be assholes. You just need to pick out ones from the former pot. :)

Quizzes
08-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Dj_Stylz
Post his name so others don't have to deal with him haha

FYI: This was a "Re-max" agent. First name starts with a "K" four letters and last name starts with a "B" six letters.

Is it (*)ent (*)amber?
Found it here: http://www.remax-western.ca/rsearch/agent/ALL/Residential

Masked Bandit
08-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Quizzes

Is it (*)ent (*)amber?
Found it here: http://www.remax-western.ca/rsearch/agent/ALL/Residential

Looks like that's the only name that would fit.

badatusrnames
08-28-2009, 01:59 PM

Uhh... why don't you just post the name instead of giving us a puzzle to solve if we want to avoid a bad Realtor in the future.

Sugarphreak
08-28-2009, 02:00 PM

Sugarphreak
08-28-2009, 02:03 PM

BigShow
08-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

Uhh... why don't you just post the name instead of giving us a puzzle to solve if we want to avoid a bad Realtor in the future.

:werd: It would be more helpful to mention the name straight up.

msommers
08-28-2009, 02:38 PM
OP may be worried about slander against this person. Don't know much about this kinda stuff myself, but that's what my guess is.

JDMMAN
08-28-2009, 04:30 PM
badatusrnames - the reason why full names can't be mentioned is due to legal reasons when it comes to filing a formal complaint. It maybe considered to be influencing the verdict. As such many instances when people discuss issues in a public domain that the identity is not just published.

Quizzes - good work :thumbsup: