PDA

View Full Version : "secret" shaw student plan?

nonlinear
08-29-2009, 10:56 AM
hi,

a friend of mine heard from someone at her her school that there is a discounted plan for students, but that it's not advertised and that you have to go into Shaw and ask them about it and show them your student ID to get the offer. She said it's like $50/month, and you get basic cable and the highest speed internet, or something like that. She doesn't have a car though, so it's a bit of an effort for her to get into Shaw to ask about it, so I thought i'd ask on here if anyone could give me the details.

badatusrnames
08-29-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm pretty sure Telus has something similar. A guy I know from school got his phone and internet bundled at a pretty good price.

dj_rice
08-29-2009, 11:36 AM
I have that secret student plan from Shaw, IIRC my internet which is high speed was $22.95/month and my cable(classic full cable) was $18.95/month or somewhere around there, the big thing is you have to pay all 8 months up front in order to get the student promo, customer service told me about they want people to pre-pay for the 8 months cause they know students are crazy about partying and spending all their money lol

And Shaw has made new changes, in order to get the Shaw student plan, you have to go to Shaw offices, show them your actually a full-time student by having your class schedule and student ID, they longer just accept student ID....and before it use to be you can pre-pay for 6 months and then call back in and re-new for the other 4 and then re-peat but now you can pre-pay for 8 months or the whole year ahead

Telus does have a student plan also but, who really wants to use Telus :facepalm:

Usually once school is back in session, they have reps from Shaw and Telus at the Universitys and etc promoting the student plans

beecue
08-29-2009, 12:32 PM
It's not really a secret. It's been posted on RFD the last few years. I signed up with only my student card because the rep on the phone said that's all I needed. You don't have to prepay the 8 or 12 months this year if you are getting more than 1 service I believe, they do pre-authorized payments monthly. Mine came out to $94 with HD Basic + Sports, Xtreme and Phone Basic.

dj_rice
08-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by beecue
It's not really a secret. It's been posted on RFD the last few years. I signed up with only my student card because the rep on the phone said that's all I needed. You don't have to prepay the 8 or 12 months this year if you are getting more than 1 service I believe, they do pre-authorized payments monthly. Mine came out to $94 with HD Basic + Sports, Xtreme and Phone Basic.

Yeah thats true, if you are getting internet+cable then you have to pre-pay 8 months or 12 months