PDA

View Full Version : Garage Door Installer

saiyajin
08-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Hey everyone,

was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for any installers for a garage door? Ours is pretty old and just shit the bed a couple days ago and we have to now park outside. The top panel broke (wood) and the door now cannot open

Now I'm not familar with the price range but have been getting quotes ranging from 1300 to 2000 for just a basic door not insulated installed.

Now I think its kind of high considering Home Depot's most expensive garage door is around $300, so if you look at the quotes thats quite a bit for labor considering we aren't changing the opener or motor either. But then again I have no idea how much it normally is and they may in fact usually cost around the quoted amounts I have been getting... :dunno:

Anybody have any hookups that does good work and is priced pretty good?? Thanks in advance!!

AndyL
08-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Home depots cheapeast garage door is well above 300$ the labour is going to run ya 2-300$ depending on what options etc you go with...

For a standard 16x7 door - nothing fancy (insulated) you're looking at about 1300$ for the builder special removing the old installing new and reconnecting the opener.

You wont be saving by going non insulated; doors are weaker and usually end up costing more as they're more often a special order product, or more expensive to have installed...

Oz-
08-29-2009, 06:46 PM
You can give Jason Gourley (x-treme ventures) a call, his # (403)554-3469. Good price and work.

gqmw
08-29-2009, 10:23 PM
I was just in the same situation as you, spring broke and we ended up replacing it with a new door. Cost us just under 1300, did a pretty decent job. The place we used was Glenmore Door Services.

justincalgary
08-30-2009, 10:34 AM
I sell garage doors....you can give me a shout. I work for Overhead Door Company of Calgary. Be happy to give you a quote.

Justin
403-807-0367

Take a look at the website to see if you like anything....

www.overheaddoor.com