PDA

View Full Version : Noel quits again. Oasis is done...for now

dino_martini
08-29-2009, 10:07 PM
It's with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight. People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer.

Apparently Liam and Noel had a heated argument. They will reunite...they always do

sr20s14zenki
08-29-2009, 10:18 PM
I hope they shut down. They suck giant donkey dick.

Grogador
08-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
blah blah blah the universe revolves around me

Anyway... Oasis is played out and Noel can do better on his own. IMHO.

Kennyredline
08-29-2009, 11:15 PM
They're both a right couple of total WANKERS.

Grogador
08-29-2009, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Kennyredline
They're both a right couple of total WANKERS.

...that I can't argue with :P

finboy
08-29-2009, 11:28 PM
word is liam smashed noels guitar, and judging by latest performances it was his main stage guitar, a mid 60's gibson 355.

on the upside, noel can finally get around to that solo album. he is one of the greatest pop song writers since the mid 90's without question.

Jlude
08-29-2009, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by finboy

on the upside, noel can finally get around to that solo album. he is one of the greatest pop song writers since the mid 90's without question.

agreed

revelations
08-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
I hope they shut down. They suck giant donkey dick.

These guys are two of the biggest "tossers" around.

zipdoa
08-31-2009, 09:11 AM
Oasis is/was fucking massive, and they always will be. I predict 10-years minimum before a reunion tour.

I think this is too bad... Liam was starting to get his live vocals back, and the last show I saw in Calgary was pretty excellent considering we had... well we had lots of albertans in the crowd that's for sure.

Mckenzie
08-31-2009, 09:31 AM
word is liam smashed noels guitar, and judging by latest performances it was his main stage guitar, a mid 60's gibson 355.

:werd:

No band from the 90s comes even close to matching the songwriting ability and success of Oasis. They already are in history books and will stay there, despite the personal differences of the members and gong show they tend to be.

heavyD
08-31-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by dino_martini

Apparently Liam and Noel had a heated argument. They will reunite...they always do [/B]

If there is a god they won't. Oasis is to music as OJ Simpson is to husbands.

finboy
08-31-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

If there is a god they won't. Oasis is to music as OJ Simpson is to husbands.

aren't you a huge nu metal fan? :dunno:

heavyD
08-31-2009, 02:44 PM

aren't you a huge nu metal fan? :dunno:

Rock and heavy metal but I'm flexible that I will listen to some pop musicians if they have talent. Oasis is pure syrup pop music.

LadyLuck
08-31-2009, 02:47 PM
OASIS split because NOEL GALLAGHER never forgave brother LIAM for jokingly suggesting he was not the real dad of daughter ANAIS.

Why Oasis split (http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/xs/479145/Why-Oasis-split.html)

sr20s14zenki
08-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Grogador

Anyway... Oasis is played out and Noel can do better on his own. IMHO.

Oh im sorry....did you have a mancrush on him or something?

forums are for the sharing of ideas/opinion, i shared MY opinion....deal with it.

Neil4Speed
08-31-2009, 02:59 PM
Wow, there is some super hate on for Oasis - have you guys been hearing too many bad covers of wonderwall or something??

Its a shame about the split, but give it enough time - they will come back together.

2Valve0
08-31-2009, 03:09 PM
:whocares:

banned3x
08-31-2009, 03:38 PM
i honestly never heard of anyone/band mentioned in this thread.
maybe i heard someof there songs on the radio but dont know who they are.

so....:whocares:

Neil4Speed
08-31-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by banned3x
i honestly never heard of anyone/band mentioned in this thread.
maybe i heard someof there songs on the radio but dont know who they are.

so....:whocares:

Thats because your ignorant about music.

finboy
08-31-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

Thats because your ignorant about music.

welcome to calgary, where this is considered cultured...

http://www.rivercityvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/truck20nutz.jpg

:angel:

nonlinear
08-31-2009, 05:37 PM
who cares, oasis sucks.

Jlude
08-31-2009, 06:25 PM

welcome to calgary, where this is considered cultured...

http://www.rivercityvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/truck20nutz.jpg

:angel:
true true

:rofl: :rofl:

Mibz
08-31-2009, 07:00 PM
Decent trolling so far. Keep it up.

95teetee
08-31-2009, 07:09 PM
Wow, there is some super hate on for Oasis - have you guys been hearing too many bad covers of wonderwall or something??
worse than the original you mean?
:dunno:

Danny Meehan
08-31-2009, 07:25 PM
Noel is with the Oasis like Anne Heche is with lesbianism

I'm IN ! OUT! IN
OUT

zipdoa
08-31-2009, 07:35 PM
lol, i'm guessing most of the oasis haters are nickelback fans. rock on.

finboy
09-02-2009, 06:58 PM
http://img.moronail.net/img/5/7/1257.jpg

heavyD
09-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by zipdoa
lol, i'm guessing most of the oasis haters are nickelback fans. rock on.

I hate Nickelback far more than Oasis but come on man, they are just another 90's band which happened to be one of the least significant decades in music after the current decade which is hopefully rock bottom. Woo Hoo we were one of the best pop bands in a decade where Mickey Mouse club singers & boy bands were prominent.:rolleyes:

Neil4Speed
09-03-2009, 11:27 AM

I hate Nickelback far more than Oasis but come on man, they are just another 90's band which happened to be one of the least significant decades in music after the current decade which is hopefully rock bottom. Woo Hoo we were one of the best pop bands in a decade where Mickey Mouse club singers & boy bands were prominent.:rolleyes:

Comparing Oasis with the Backstreet Boys ("boy bands") is a pretty daft. You have to understand that albums like Definitely Maybe and Whats the Story Morning Glory are timeless and will go down as some of the best albums of all time - have you listened to them?

http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/23227

heavyD
09-03-2009, 12:11 PM

Comparing Oasis with the Backstreet Boys ("boy bands") is a pretty daft. You have to understand that albums like Definitely Maybe and Whats the Story Morning Glory are timeless and will go down as some of the best albums of all time - have you listened to them?

http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/23227

I didn't compare them with the Backstreet boys, I said the decade was so weak that anything decent would stand out and that list is nice and all but it's British and for every article like that I can add five of these; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1210152/JAMES-DELINGPOLE-Oasis-vulgar-hyped-talented-face-yob-Britain.html In fact it's an insult to Radiohead, the Beatles, and Nirvana to have Oasis placed higher on any list. I have spent a lot of time listening from music from the 70's, 80's, 90's and I can understand a younger person that grew up on 90's music thinking that Oasis was great but if you have been listening to music longer you would understand that they are nothing more than good, not great and very overrated.

zipdoa
09-03-2009, 01:04 PM

I didn't compare them with the Backstreet boys, I said the decade was so weak that anything decent would stand out and that list is nice and all but it's British and for every article like that I can add five of these; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1210152/JAMES-DELINGPOLE-Oasis-vulgar-hyped-talented-face-yob-Britain.html In fact it's an insult to Radiohead, the Beatles, and Nirvana to have Oasis placed higher on any list. I have spent a lot of time listening from music from the 70's, 80's, 90's and I can understand a younger person that grew up on 90's music thinking that Oasis was great but if you have been listening to music longer you would understand that they are nothing more than good, not great and very overrated.

Have you listened to DM and WTSMG?

The hype came from DM and exploded through WTSMG. There's a reason why they can keep on selling out stadiums more than 15 years after their debut album, and it's cause they put on a sick fucking show.

MC Hammer, vanilla ice <-- these two artists were overrated and hyped in their day, and it shows now cause they play venues like tantra and flames central :rolleyes:

masoncgy
09-03-2009, 01:28 PM
I have spent a lot of time listening from music from the 70's, 80's, 90's and I can understand a younger person that grew up on 90's music thinking that Oasis was great but if you have been listening to music longer you would understand that they are nothing more than good, not great and very overrated.

QFT.

That said, one's musical preference is usually never exactly the same as anyone else, as this thread so glaringly proves.

Let's drop the "I know what good music is and you don't" crap.. because really... it's an argument you'll never win.

When I heard about this recent break up all I could think was "oh great, now I have to hear about these douchebags again."

It is what it is.

finboy
09-03-2009, 05:44 PM

the late 80's/ early 90's were one of the biggest times for music since the late 60's for music development, i'm not sure why you think they were so terrible.

Mckenzie
09-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Regardless of musical tastes, the major difference with Oasis and their success is Noel's song writing / composing ability. No band from the 90s could match the complex compositions / arrangements that oasis did. Many of their songs were 5 mins plus, with many different instruments, styles, guest players (such as Jonny Depp) key changes, layers, bridges, etc. I still have yet to see a band since that has anywhere close to the complexity in arrangements as they did.

And I prefer music from the 60s and 70s, which are WAY more complex than any of the shit out today. That is why I can appreciate the ability of Noel as a song-writer and composer as it is heavily influenced by a period in music that drew on many different influences and styles to create original and complex music.

There is nothing typically 'pop' about an Oasis song. I think the perception is from people who only listen to the radio stuff, which is good at best. The golden gems are found in their albums, which is the EXACT same as the Rolling Stones...all their crap and pop is found on the radio, which kinda sucks, whereas all of their best music is found in the album in a similar style of composition to Oasis.

heavyD
09-03-2009, 06:05 PM

the late 80's/ early 90's were one of the biggest times for music since the late 60's for music development, i'm not sure why you think they were so terrible.

The only thing of significance that came out of the early 90's was grunge primarily Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, & Soundgarden and a little different direction in the Red Hot Chilli Peppers who are a good not great band. I don't count MC Hammer as development and post grunge stuff like Collective Soul, Creed sucked as did all the Green Day wannabes. REM was significant but they started in the 80's as did No Doubt.

The decade got significantly weaker as it progressed to the point now where nobody buys music anymore and digital media isn't solely to blame for that.

heavyD
09-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
Regardless of musical tastes, the major difference with Oasis and their success is Noel's song writing / composing ability. No band from the 90s could match the complex compositions / arrangements that oasis did. Many of their songs were 5 mins plus, with many different instruments, styles, guest players (such as Jonny Depp) key changes, layers, bridges, etc. I still have yet to see a band since that has anywhere close to the complexity in arrangements as they did.

And I prefer music from the 60s and 70s, which are WAY more complex than any of the shit out today. That is why I can appreciate the ability of Noel as a song-writer and composer as it is heavily influenced by a period in music that drew on many different influences and styles to create original and complex music.

There is nothing typically 'pop' about an Oasis song. I think the perception is from people who only listen to the radio stuff, which is good at best. The golden gems are found in their albums, which is the EXACT same as the Rolling Stones...all their crap and pop is found on the radio, which kinda sucks, whereas all of their best music is found in the album in a similar style of composition to Oasis.

It's all personal opinion. I personally find one of the more popular groups ever U2 extremely overrated. Two very good records surrounded by some very average stuff.

Mckenzie
09-03-2009, 06:13 PM

The only thing of significance that came out of the early 90's was grunge primarily Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, &amp; Soundgarden and a little different direction in the Red Hot Chilli Peppers who are a good not great band. I don't count MC Hammer as development. REM was significant but they started in the 80's as did No Doubt.

The decade got significantly weaker as it progressed to the point now where nobody buys music anymore and digital media isn't solely to blame for that.

Agreed.

It's all personal opinion. I personally find one of the more popular groups ever U2 extremely overrated. Two very good records surrounded by some very average stuff.

Agreed.

My observation, as a musician, and someone who has studied different musical styles at an academic level is that they were not in the same mold as a typical band with 3.5 min cookie cutter songs. That is why I feel they have been able to sustain success for 20 years, break records and continue to sell millions of records.

Regardless of my enjoyment of their music, objectively I can see why they are as successful as they are.

finboy
09-03-2009, 06:34 PM

The only thing of significance that came out of the early 90's was grunge primarily Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, &amp; Soundgarden and a little different direction in the Red Hot Chilli Peppers who are a good not great band. I don't count MC Hammer as development and post grunge stuff like Collective Soul, Creed sucked as did all the Green Day wannabes. REM was significant but they started in the 80's as did No Doubt.

just off the top of my head they following genre's hit it big in the late 80's/90's...
-grunge (not a great description, none of the seattle bands really sounded alike)
-electronica
-rap/hip hop
-madchester/baggy
-britpop
-noise rock
-shoegaze
-pop-punk/california punk
-industrial
-garage rock
-etc.

most have their roots in earlier times, but the 90's is when they all finally broke through to the main stream. the later 90's turned pretty terrible but i would hardly use that as a guage of the decade as a whole.

atgilchrist
09-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Mckenzie

Radiohead:dunno: OK Computer is still one of my favorite albums.

Oh, and nickelback. (I kid, i kid).