PDA

View Full Version : Next upgrade

OMOYYC
08-23-2002, 01:20 AM
Hey guys, I'm looking for the next upgrade possibilities.

I currently have:

BMW 330ci w/
- Cold air intake
- H&R Sport springs
- 18" Wheels + tires

Here's what I may consider next:

1) Calipers and/or Pads
2) Exhaust
3) What else??

Is there anything that can make this car faster??

kenny
08-23-2002, 01:39 AM
Two magical letters, F & I.

OMOYYC
08-23-2002, 02:15 AM
Whazzat? :dunno:

Originally posted by kenny
Two magical letters, F & I.

Fluidic
08-23-2002, 03:01 AM
Forced Induction -- Like Kenny... or like me! :bigpimp:

Seriously though... I think you should get a nice set of slotted rotors (like me :) ) and a nice set of brake pads (not like me :( ) and while everything is dismantled... paint your calipers red! :)

Goodluck... hope to see you tomorrow @ Race City! :confused: :)

Peter

4wheeldrift
08-23-2002, 07:07 AM
Brakes first before more power. 500hp won't help you going into turn 1 with hot brakes, unless you have WRC style active differentials and mad skillz :devil:

Ekliptix
08-23-2002, 07:12 AM
Short shift kit. It makes it nicer to drive.

Fuji
08-23-2002, 08:45 AM
Dinan chip? -wel not really.. more like Dinan reprogramming isn't it?

trendkill
08-23-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Fuji
Dinan chip? -wel not really.. more like Dinan reprogramming isn't it?

get the shark injector chip man, its not much $$$ and herd it does alot. its like 500 at the most.

but like the others said, the only way to get realy fast is to go FI, u might as well spend that $$$ on something that will have more benifit like shocks, sway bars and strut bars. u'll notice them alot more then a 5hp exhaust system. just my 2 cents

bol
08-23-2002, 09:49 AM
Since I used to have a 330Ci I acn tell you that upgrading your brakes isn't going to make a huge difference - they're super powerful as is. If you really want to improve the braking feel get some good pads, stainless steel brake lines and somt atb super blue fluid.

Get the exhaust and get a chip (Stay away from Dinan). A SSK will definatly be nice - and you might want to get a clutch stop just for the heck of it if you're not terribly happy with the clutch travel as is. Beefier antisway bars will definatly make a difference as well.

MrX
08-23-2002, 09:54 AM
i know you got h&r springs in there, but get yourself some quality shocks. hopefully something in the line of adjustable dampening (Koni). Then go for a larger sway bar (front and rear) change, then some tower bars (front and back). Althought it may not make your car faster in the straights, it will make it much much more fun (and quicker) in the corners.

Next get the brake upgrades, if you go this route, might as well go for something good quality (as in complete swap over). I'd go with brands such as brembo, AP racing, TarOx, etc...and get a rotor/caliper kit (13" or so to fill those 18"s of your) and some 4 or 6 pot calipers for clamping force.

Honestly your car isn't a slow car by anymeans, but to make it much faster, you'll need to go FI and that'll cost quite a bit. So do up the small things first and then go for the big shot later.