PDA

View Full Version : Range Rover or X5

signature7
08-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Yes, it's one of these threads. Sorry, I wouldn't make one, but I don't have extensive knowledge on either vehicles and would love input.

Tomorrow I have an appointment at Landrover, and BMW. The vehicles of interest are Range Rover supercharged Autobiography package, and BMW X5 48i.

I know that Range Rover has front BREMBO brakes but am unsure of BMW's braking system.

I also am aware that BMW offers a heads up display unit that I am very interested in.

I got this snippet from an auto website about Range Rover,

"Intelligent Technologies
The 2010 Range Rover receives two intuitive interior technologies including a world first dual view touch screen.

The dual view infotainment touch screen technology allows the driver and passenger to view different images simultaneously. This means that the passenger can enjoy a DVD movie while the driver follows navigation instructions, all on the same screen.

Another dramatic innovation is found in the instrument cluster. Here, traditional physical instruments are replaced by the world’s largest configurable 12″ Thin Film Transistor (TFT) screen which presents all essential driver information via cleverly designed ‘virtual’ dials and graphical displays."

But nothing on HUD, it's not a dealbreaker or anything, I guess I'm a sucker for little neat features like HUD.

Any input from bad to good on either or both the cars would be appreciated and experiences from dealerships, possible things to look out for.

Right now, we're really interested in both cars, and not looking at other possibilities until after the viewings/test drive tomorrow. However, there may be a slight slight chance that the Cayenne turbo may make the list-very slim though.

Pricing for Range Rover Supercharged Autobiography is $123,370.00.
BMW X5 hasn't been quoted yet, but I'm led to believe that after it's all said and done, it'd be closer to $100,000.00-could be wrong though.

Thanks for any useful input. I'll be sure to post pics upon arrival. :D

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Both are pretty decent SUV. The X5 is probably going to feel a little more car like driving. The Rangy is going to be a lot more competent off-road.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Also MSRP for the most specced out X5 48i is $95800, so yeah closer to 100k than a Rangey.

Jlude
08-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Range Rover SC is pimp... but... notorious for being in the shop all the time for repairs.

I dunno... If I had to... just go with the new X5 M.

I actually like the X6, unlike most people, so I would probably go with that.

signature7
08-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Jlude
Range Rover SC is pimp... but... notorious for being in the shop all the time for repairs.

I dunno... If I had to... just go with the new X5 M.

I actually like the X6, unlike most people, so I would probably go with that.

I sound like a noob- what's the X5 M? I'd be interested to hear more about it.

That's the main concern I have about the Range Rover- I heard its car with a lot of problems, that was in the past, I was hoping it wasn't true to this present day because it really looks nice IMHO and has a lot of quality features.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-30-2009, 06:54 PM
X5M and X6M are new M products. Both showcase the Twin Turbo V8 with 555HP.

boxer23
08-30-2009, 06:55 PM
The Range Rover is king of sport utilities. The electrical issues were with older units that had bmw blood in them. The X5 also has its fair share of electrical problems. Also the difference between a range rover and X5 is night and day. Unless you are looking at the RRsport.

Wraith
08-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Our 1 year old X5 blows! were getting rid of it as soon as it comes back from service :facepalm:. A lot of people seem happy with theirs so perhaps we just got a lemon.

signature7
08-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Wow, I really missed the boat on the X5 M. That seems more comparable to the Range Rover I was looking at. I will have to inquire about the X5 M, from what I've seen it-it looks great!

signature7
08-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Wraith
Our 1 year old X5 blows! were getting rid of it as soon as it comes back from service :facepalm:. A lot of people seem happy with theirs so perhaps we just got a lemon.

What specifically, if you don't mind me asking? I've heard either BMW dealerships are arrogant in how they treat their customer base on the service side of things.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-30-2009, 07:04 PM
I find with the BMW dealers you get much better service if you own a M for some reason...

Zhariak
08-30-2009, 07:04 PM
I'd say hit the Range Rover...

Or if you wanted to try something all together different hitup a Escalade ESV Platinum...

Redlyne_mr2
08-30-2009, 07:53 PM
RR currently the worst SUV produced... go X5.

Jlude
08-30-2009, 08:26 PM
http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/newvehicles/mseries/x5_x6/2009/phase_2/experience.html?prm_action=x5

:drool:

signature7
08-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Jlude
http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/newvehicles/mseries/x5_x6/2009/phase_2/experience.html?prm_action=x5

:drool:

I know! I did a quick search and watched the whole thing. Seems really appealing! I was indecisive about the X5 before but with this, it changes everything. Still going to give both a look tomorrow though. Hopefully it works out :D

Jlude
08-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Good idea, take a closer look at them for sure.

signature7
08-31-2009, 06:02 PM
So after a heat scorching day of looking at these two fine machines I still don't have a definitive answer, but am leaning toward a choice.

We first visited Calgary BMW and our product adviser was Ian Martin. Very helpful, anything he didn't know for sure he went and found out promptly. We were very interested in the BMW X5 M which he gave us as much information as he knew. So 3 people are on the list waiting for their X5 M and he said he'd call us back to see if we could get on the list. We'd have to wait until about late October or early November for possible arrivals. And also, wait further down the road until we can pick out packages and such for production as they don't have much knowledge on which packages is already included in the M and which ones can be added on.

Martin gave us a spec sheet that was impressive, 555 horsepower, 500 lb-ft torque with the known goodies added on-such as paddle shifters, back up camera, upgraded 12 gb hard drive navi from the old style dvd.

We did do a look around/test drive of the 48i model and was impressed with the back up camera and how it was simplistic interior but with a lot of cool features like HUD. I loved backing up and having the guidelines help you, I've been in a H2 before that had a backup camera but still looked semi-difficult to navigate-X5 refined it and made things much easier. The power of the 48i was good and the handling is great. I absolutely love the panoramic sunroof, and how it extends to the rear passengers.

Martin was nice and friendly, and knowledgeable. He asked us what else we were considering and I told him Range Rover and and he responded affably , " I hope we can win your service".

Now off to Range Rover. This is the most unique dealership I have ever experienced. From the actual building to the advisers uniform to the test drive. Nothing bad, just interesting.

So we were waiting in the common area and was greeted by a friendly adviser, not the one we scheduled an appointment with. He asked us what other vehicles we were looking at, and before we could finish the name he interrupted and said nothing compares to the Range Rover Supercharged. A little different from the laid back style of BMW but nothing that took me back or was offensive. He seemed proud of his brand he was representing. So after a few minutes, our adviser met with us, his name was, Mike Aronson I believe- ran out of cards. Gave us the run down on the 2010 Range Rover Supercharged Autobiography package. Told us the main differences form 2009 and 2010. Rear Entertainment was not included in the Autobiography. Dash was all computerized which worried me at first. New wheels, side vents and different engine. 2009 had 400 horsepower and 2010 had a V8 500 horsepower engine.

Off we went for a drive-the actually had a 2010 model for us to drive-not autobiography though. We got in and noticed the dash- it was like a computer screen on my laptop. The speedometer and tachometer was analog style but digitize which was a relief. It looked very sharp though, I thought it was a physical speedo and tach and the rear passengers thought so too until they saw me dictate what went where. Now, there's a definite interior contrast from the Range to the X5 I had mentioned the X5 was simplistic, the Range had a lot of features and a lot of buttons- too much to encompass in one test drive. No panoramic sun roof though which was a disappointment as the sport model does. You could configure your car in a number of ways according to terrain , 360 degree camera that was okay-showed objects to be way closer than actual. Back up camera was good, had the guidelines.

We went back to the dealership and Aronson took over the steering wheel. He drove behind back, where a rocky course was set up, and he drove the the top using the Range Rovers many settings, then driving on the side having the car lean at a 35 degree angle, as if it was going to roll over. Pretty cool experience and shows you the extent of the Range Rover's capabilities.

Very nice and informative sales adviser. He said that the specifications we'd want and the interior and extras would have to go back to production which is fine with me, no rush. So I would expect it again to be here in October, December the latest.

Both representatives at the dealership offered a great experience and unique one. I'd like to thank them.

pros of the X5 M- it's new and an M series, 555hp, panoramic sunroof, voice activated, hard drive navi. Simple.

pros of the Range Rover Autobiography upgraded 500 hp, hard drive navi, voice activated -no voice temperature tho :(, not sure if BMW has it either. Lots of driving terrain features I probably won't use much. 360 degree camera, upgraded rims. Cool air seats and heated seats.

Cons of X5 M- I don't think it has cool seats.
Cons of Range Rover Autobiography- No HUD, lots of buttons to get used to.

So the Range Rover SuperCharged comes to $111,900.00 and the Autobiography is $14,200.00 added on top. They said there's not much room to wiggle as these cars sell themselves.

The X5 M is 99, xxx dollars plus options and extra which is speculative at this time and not definite as they don't have the option packages yet. I have no idea how much it would be if it was all out. Was told they sell themselves and are wait listed so no cash incentives and not a lot of wiggle room.

Both vehicles would take delivery around the same time - mid October which is okay since I want to have all the specifications there is and not settle for any less.
I'm leaning toward the X5 M right now but could change in the days following. It seems like more for me- but I'll have to talk with the family and see their input.

I would love any good or bad inputs about either car or both. Thank you for the input so far.

I'll be sure to post pics upon delivery. :D

PS. Martin called back and said he could get us on the list for the X5 :D

Weapon_R
08-31-2009, 06:18 PM
Definitely the better choice. The landrovers take such a bad hit on depreciation and are so poorly built that everyone I know regrets owning one. In fact, one of my friends is a service advisor. He tells me that they only sell a few cars a month (as little as 3!) and that service is their HUGE profit maker.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-31-2009, 06:33 PM
I predict the X5M and X6M really not depreciating much, as I think a lot of people who want a fast vehicle, but something fairly practical as well will be looking into them! I think they will be in high demand especially in North America.

BoneDance
08-31-2009, 06:35 PM
range to many old brown ladies drive x5s

signature7
08-31-2009, 06:36 PM
I know with the M you get more choices in leather, this orange type and a cinnamon leather, I'm not a big fan of them for the SUV so I think I'll stick with black which I hear helps when you're trying to resell it if I ever feel the need to sell it.

Shunsui
08-31-2009, 06:40 PM
I know this is not what you were looking for but why don't you at least consider the Cayenne, or the Touareg while your waiting. I personally drove the Touraeg and it just has a sense of class and style that I didn't get from the Range or the X5.

Jlude
08-31-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Definitely the better choice. The landrovers take such a bad hit on depreciation and are so poorly built that everyone I know regrets owning one. In fact, one of my friends is a service advisor. He tells me that they only sell a few cars a month (as little as 3!) and that service is their HUGE profit maker.
+1

every single person I know that owns or has owned a range rover regrets it.

The X5 M is sick... but damn... 100k+.

I'd HATE to see the hit that both vehicles would take in the first year.... just gross.

signature7
08-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Shunsui
I know this is not what you were looking for but why don't you at least consider the Cayenne, or the Touareg while your waiting. I personally drove the Touraeg and it just has a sense of class and style that I didn't get from the Range or the X5.

This may be a possibility. A very slight one as I mentioned in my original post. It's not a fan favorite of my family's-that's why I put it as a third choice. I may go and take a look at it this week, however, I'm pretty satisfied with the BMW but I'm not rushing into any decisions and plus it's a large value to drop for me so I want to make sure my bases are covered.. I'll probably make something definite by next week.

Ps.

I forgot to ask about the brakes the BMW has. I know the Range has front Brembos, I'd be interested to know what BMW carries. Anyone know?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-31-2009, 07:02 PM
All I know is the BMW brakes are very very large. Ive heard they stop well, from the reviews ive read.

signature7
08-31-2009, 07:05 PM
The first time i stepped on them they almost put me through the windshield :nut: , took me by surprise for sure.

Danny Meehan
08-31-2009, 07:19 PM
Range Rover is the one you want, even if maintenance is more expensive of the 2 and time wise, it might spend more days in the shop

Originally posted by signature7
The first time i stepped on them they almost put me through the windshield :nut:
hehe

962 kid
08-31-2009, 07:30 PM

This may be a possibility. A very slight one as I mentioned in my original post. It's not a fan favorite of my family's-that's why I put it as a third choice. I may go and take a look at it this week, however, I'm pretty satisfied with the BMW but I'm not rushing into any decisions and plus it's a large value to drop for me so I want to make sure my bases are covered.. I'll probably make something definite by next week.

I'd go check it out :thumbsup: I'm biased, but if I were in the market a cayenne turbo would be at the top of the list.

Originally posted by Danny Meehan
Range Rover is the one you want, even if maintenance is more expensive of the 2 and time wise, it might spend more days in the shop

:barf: why would anyone want a car that's more expensive, slower, less reliable, less luxurious, more depreciative, less intuitive to use and has fewer options?

Wraith
08-31-2009, 07:43 PM
Speaking of brakes, parking brake failure isn't uncommon. We needed a flatbed to move the X5 to the dealership for service.

Other problems we've had
- Frequent check engine lights that get "fixed" again and again
- High battery drain warning
- Stereo cuts in and out

All electrical problems as mentioned in an earlier post. It's a shame as IMO, this is the best looking SUV out right now.

signature7
08-31-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Wraith
Speaking of brakes, parking brake failure isn't uncommon. We needed a flatbed to move the X5 to the dealership for service.

Other problems we've had
- Frequent check engine lights that get "fixed" again and again
- High battery drain warning
- Stereo cuts in and out

All electrical problems as mentioned in an earlier post. It's a shame as IMO, this is the best looking SUV out right now.

Thanks for your input. I agree, it's one of the best looking suv's for me as well. It's a shame that the price you pay you don't always get assurance of peace.

The more gadgets the more possible problems the more money to fix i suppose.

Speaking of parking brakes, both feature a button press parking brake. Oh and the iDrive was really neat as well. From the list of cars I've driven these are the most different so I may find something so elementary cool relative to what I already know.

Danny Meehan
08-31-2009, 07:55 PM
Just to help the OP out, why do you recommend the Porsche kid ?

signature7
08-31-2009, 08:02 PM
I looked at the Porsche Turbo online a while back.

From what I remember, the Turbo had close to 500 HP and Brembo brakes, I really don't know why my family hates it so much, they don't like the looks. I don't mind them but prefer the BMW styling. I know that it's like driving a porsche or Sports car-what I've heard from drivers. Price tag around 150,000.

It was a while back so I could be way off.

Thanks Dany and 962 kid for the suggestions :D

962 kid
08-31-2009, 08:07 PM
I love how they drive compared to the X5. It drives like a much smaller car, is more fun to drive, I prefer the interior and exterior styling and a lot of other subjective things. It also has the largest brakes, which seems to be a big thing to the OP. I geuss I can't recommend it over the X6 M (I've never driven one), but he should make the trip to SCFC and try one out - it's a fantastic car to drive around in.

signature7
08-31-2009, 08:30 PM
Brakes aren't a deal breaker or anything. I've always been interested in Brembo, i've always heard great things about them.

I'm loving the wheel selection on the Cayenne. Just did a quick online quote.

Cayenne Turbo S
$152,200
Exterior Color
Sand White
R6
$0
Interior Color
Black/Steel Grey Bicolor Leather Interior
LB
$0
Exterior
Thermally Insulated Glass
PJ1
$1,530
Rearview Camera including Park Assist
7X8
$2,290
Porsche Entry and Drive
4F6
$1,490
Bi-Xenon Headlights in Black
PC6
$790
Running Boards
VR1
$2,120
Panoramic Roof System
3FU
$5,320
Wheels
21" SportPlus Wheel Painted Black w/ Wheel Arch Extensions Ext color
C4P
$2,230
Interior
Sports Seats with Comfort Memory Package
Q1J
$0
Total Price
$167,970

I'm assuming there's no wiggle room either-I guess these cars aren't Honda Civics :P

It's 4.8 liter 8 cylinder 550 hp engine.
Forgot to mention X5 M is 4.4L which is a bit different seeing how their other model is 4.8 I think.
The Range I think is also 4.8L

Maybe I will take a test drive, if they even let me in the dealership lmao. I know the X6 is supposed to drive like a sports car, perhaps that's more comparable to the Cayenne.

7thgenvic
08-31-2009, 08:50 PM
As a 4 time owner of X5's. We have loved them. We started in 2001 with the 3.0 and then moved onto the 4.4 then the 4.8's.

We have never really had problems with our X5's. BMW Calgary has always been courteous to all of our needs and managed to cover any small problem under warranty. I am taking my 4.8is if for service on Friday. Only bad problem is that the windshield runs 2200 for heads up...OOPS.

I have heard nothing but garbage stories regarding the RR Super Sport. I have friends that own them and swear they will never purchase another one.

If you were in for a bargain head down to the US and find a Used 2008 4.8is. Save some serious coin.

signature7
09-01-2009, 04:37 PM
One of my family members is going into urgent surgery tomorrow so I won't have a chance to test drive the Porsche Cayenne this week or do anything else for that matter, however I am confident about the X5 and quite happy with the process thus far.

I'll be going in tonight and signing papers, I was told it's 5,000 dollars deposit. As of yesterday night you could finally build and price the X5 and see what packages it had. Fortunately there is only the Rear entertainment package and the Executive package which I'm glad I don't have to pick a half-dozen packages. I'm told the M will be pretty loaded before the packages anyhow.

So I'm looking at BMW X5 M with executive package and rear dvd for around $109,850 according to online, could change when I'm in the dealership. Plus, I want a set of winter tires and storage fees is 300 dollars a year. I am quite happy with that price compared to the Range Rover.

Now the only thing that concerns me right now, is nowhere it states that Navigation was standard or an option which is pretty important to me. I'll have to ask Martin tonight.

I can't wait to have possession of the SUV but looks like I might have to :(

Thanks for the help beyond. This thread will probably go into hibernation until the winter :P

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Congrats on your soon to be new purchase! You will have lots of fun!

signature7
09-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Much to my relief, Navigation is standard. I was worried because I didn't see any indication even as an option. I put a 1,000 dollars deposit actually for my place to receive the vehicle and when it comes to the time where they need me to specify exactly what I want it'd be 4,000 dollars.

We did a hypothetically spec sheet. It comes out to more than I thought including a winter package, but still less than what I would have paid for Range Rover and a lot less than the Porsche Cayenne.

Oh and I guess I was told/heard wrong, there are 6 other people on the list to receive their X5 M, me being the 7th.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-01-2009, 08:32 PM
I think you will be very pleased with your new M product!

dirtsniffer
09-01-2009, 09:17 PM
good choice on ian martin. has been selling bmw's for ever.. definitely knows his stuff

signature7
09-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Went in on Friday to finalize my options and give them the full deposit. I was hoping they to get a look at the first X5 M in Calgary as I was told it just came in for delivery Thursday.

Lucky bastard already came right away to pick it up that night though ( can you blame him?), so I didn't get to look at it. Have fun though! First one in Calgary and in White no less. Looked at the official list and saw that there was a matte black coming in too, didn't even know you could have that option-should look sexy though.

Sugarphreak
09-18-2009, 01:13 PM

Diocletian
09-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Went in on Friday to finalize my options and give them the full deposit. I was hoping they to get a look at the first X5 M in Calgary as I was told it just came in for delivery Thursday.

Lucky bastard already came right away to pick it up that night though ( can you blame him?), so I didn't get to look at it. Have fun though! First one in Calgary and in White no less. Looked at the official list and saw that there was a matte black coming in too, didn't even know you could have that option-should look sexy though.

I hope you're not paying full price for a luxury SUV in this market

GQBalla
09-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian

werd with the "increase in gas prices"

soon no one will be able to afford to drive

wonder if they are going to make luxury fireflys???

Ntense_SpecV
09-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

werd with the "increase in gas prices"

soon no one will be able to afford to drive

wonder if they are going to make luxury fireflys???

No, no...NO...everyone will walk like in Europe. Or take mass rapid transit between all our major cities, because Canada is so setup for it.

OP, good luck with the BMW - it's a beautiful SUV...but remember that this purchase is a selfish act and it endangers others - especially in the winter time.

GQBalla
09-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV

No, no...NO...everyone will walk like in Europe. Or take mass rapid transit between all our major cities, because Canada is so setup for it.

OP, good luck with the BMW - it's a beautiful SUV...but remember that this purchase is a selfish act and it endangers others - especially in the winter time.

BS on Canada being set up for it.

your a LIAR

;) ;) ;) ;)

signature7
09-18-2009, 08:20 PM

No wiggle room at all. Ian Martin was pretty adamant about it even though I brought it up a few times. He stated that the other X5 models were competitive though- if anyone was interested.

A family member is looking into the X5, so that's why I was told. She hasn't gotten a chance to go look at vehicles yet because she's recovering from surgery but I took the liberty and saw a few others SUV, such as teh Audi Q5 and I love the interior and panoramic sunroof. I must have been living under a rock, because before the X5 I never knew they existed. They're really well priced though (the q5) with the S model with pretty much every option, it's 61,000 dollars. Another car she was thinking of is a 2010 lexus gx and the 2009 model starts at 60,000. No pictures of the redesigned 2010 though so she'll have to wait a bit to decide. Probably not the best comparison between a GX ,Q5 and X5 but she's still shopping to see what's out there.

signature7
09-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV

Sorry for the selfish act I just intended to enjoy the fruits of my labour, just wondering how it endangers others especially in the winter time? It's the last thing I intended to do.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I gotta say... I am more than a little bit jelous!Can't wait to see some pictures of this M.

Thanks, I can't wait to take pictures of it. Enjoy your new SUV.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-18-2009, 08:38 PM

No wiggle room at all.

If you become a repeat customer, over time you may be able to get a discount. My parents managed to negotiate 4% off a 2010 135i set to be delivered end of October, and the dealer also promised it would come under 50k, and if not they would reduce it to under 50k.

boxer23
09-18-2009, 09:03 PM
4% isn't a whole lot for a car that isn't high in demand. Then again Calgary BMW dealerships are douches when it comes to giving any sort of deal. I think getting a carcostcanada would have ended up cheaper than negotiating 4% off sticker.

Ntense_SpecV
09-21-2009, 11:44 AM

Sorry for the selfish act I just intended to enjoy the fruits of my labour, just wondering how it endangers others especially in the winter time? It's the last thing I intended to do.

Winter tires should be mandatory IMO; running without them is a selfish act & endangers other drivers around you in the winter.

That's kind of how I feel about people who drive SUV's.

This was posted in another thread when Diocletian stepped in and started posted some BS....it was a joke, that I carried over to this thread...you bought a very nice SUV and wish you all the best with it.

signature7
09-21-2009, 04:27 PM
HAha I caught up on that thread right after, I thought that was a reference. Thanks SpecV!

signature7
11-06-2009, 05:09 PM
I went to the dealership to start talking about buying a 2nd X5 on behalf of someone in the family-she's rehabilitating from surgery.

Ian Martin was off, so they gave me an appointment with another sales adviser. I don't know what happened, but he never showed up so they called up another person directly from the front desk, after waiting for a while he never showed up either, a different sales person asked if, "we've been looked after" and I explained they were looking for, said person. So off he went looking for him, couldn't really produce anything but I heard my X5 M was in. The afternoon was not all lost I suppose. Told them I'll just wait and deal with Ian Martin directly-that way I could try my best to get a "deal" because the M was through him.The helpful adviser cut into his time before seeing another customer so he could find my vehicle which was much appreciated

I didn't expect to see the M so I didn't bring any cameras, just a phone camera-although it's most likely I am a bad photographer and even with the best of cameras wouldn't make a huge difference.

Anyways here's some quick pictures I took. I won't be in town for a while or else I would've been able to pick it up on Tuesday. The 23rd is slated for me to pick up :D Obviously still a few minor things to do like venture shield and detail.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p88/signature7/IMG00219.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p88/signature7/IMG00218.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p88/signature7/IMG00220.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p88/signature7/IMG00221.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p88/signature7/IMG00222.jpg

Supposed to pick this tomorrow (november 23rd) but winter tires are delayed. :(

signature7
11-26-2009, 07:05 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=3167502#post3167502

Link to picture thread.

Thanks beyond for the helpful and useful input. I started out not even knowing there was an X5 M, so it's much appreciated for the information afforded to me.

Jlude
11-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Looks great :thumbsup:

Sugarphreak
11-27-2009, 02:23 PM

atgilchrist
11-27-2009, 03:14 PM
WOW! :drool:

Love the stitching on the steering wheel, that is an awesome little detail!

BMW has had that for years, I miss my E36 :( .

Unreal X5, well done sir!

Sugarphreak
11-27-2009, 04:34 PM

GT4rally
11-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Zhariak
Or if you wanted to try something all together different hitup a Escalade ESV Platinum...

Give your head a shake man... the Escalade is a just a crappy truck with leather seats and Cadillac badges... not even in the same league as the X5.

sillysod
11-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by GT4rally

Give your head a shake man... the Escalade is a just a crappy truck with leather seats and Cadillac badges... not even in the same league as the X5.

Yukon to Escalade is what Cavalier is to:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-models/cimarron2.jpg