PDA

View Full Version : Fire Crackers where to buy around calgary?

2BLUE
08-30-2009, 08:51 PM
I just picked up 14 bricks of 3 stage bottle rockets from china town and after lighting afew bricks I want different ones. Does the Indian reserve sell them? The guy I bought these ones from doesn't have anything left I bought it all..

I know there illegal keep that to yourself.:nut:

Thaco
08-30-2009, 09:00 PM
if scalping event tickets, seling modded consoles is against the forum rules... I'm pretty sure this will be.

liuqee
08-30-2009, 11:13 PM
there is a esso in watervally i think...they have like a whole shelf of fire works. alot of those rockets and tubes that shoot out some shots... dont know about crackers tho...

I am also looking for like fire 'crackers'.. like those miniture TNT's ..i really what those tiny ones..nothing more then the size of your fingers or even as small as one joint of your finger.

Ben
08-31-2009, 01:21 AM
Fire Crackers are ILLEGAL in Canada.

Ven
08-31-2009, 09:44 AM
You can buy them at the Bears Paw gas station. Awesome selection last time.

Kennyredline
08-31-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by 2BLUE
I just picked up 14 bricks of 3 stage bottle rockets from china town and after lighting afew bricks I want different ones. Does the Indian reserve sell them? The guy I bought these ones from doesn't have anything left I bought it all..

Are you the douchebag that was in an alley in Bankview Sat. night lighting those things off and then running away...?

KrisYYC
08-31-2009, 10:13 AM

Were you lighting them off in Haysboro last night (near Bishop Grandin High School) at around midnight?

2BLUE
08-31-2009, 12:15 PM
Nope nowhere in the city. I'm at my parents farm.

CMW403
08-31-2009, 12:20 PM
Im not sure if you can buy firecrackers in calgary. im also wondering what you mean by a 3 stage bottle rocket. Are they firecrackers attached to a stick with a propellant followed by and explosion, or are they tubes that shoot out a canister that explodes?

i found this website, someone should order some shit and let me know if it comes, or if it comes in the hands of a customs officers lol

http://www.melsfireworks.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1_6

thrasher22
08-31-2009, 12:58 PM
Most the small towns around Black Diamond (hour...ish south of town) have a decent selection of fireworks if you're willing to drive. No where sells them in town that I know of.

AndyL
08-31-2009, 01:19 PM
So firecrackers are illegal - meaning all those nice old cherry bombs and m80's we played with as kids?

Please tell me it aint true - been looking for some of the ol cherry bombs (both those ones that were like bday cake candles - and the round cherry style ones) forever...

How are we even going to teach our offspring to blow things up properly if we can't get the proper tools needed for these lessons?

Guess I'll have to make a trip to UFA... Been a while - but I'm betting they still take the "gotta clear a dam" reasoning to obtain 1/4 sticks...

n1zm0
08-31-2009, 01:27 PM
bottle rockets arent fire crackers, they're fire works arent they, i mean they are meant to propel into the air and explode, firecrackers dont have propellant, just powder.
^ all those firecrackers you had when you were a kid were most likely illegal, i remember we got ours from a friend who did swimming competitions in the states around montana and Idaho etc, m60s, blackcat singles, smoke bombs.

edit: here (http://www.mysticaldistributing.com/prod_listing.asp?category=9) is a CDN site if you really want to order them, i have seen the cannonball with a fuse ones at a shop in Salmon Arm too, so they do have those here.

also M80s are even illegal in the states, maybe you had that messed up with an M60.

CMW403
08-31-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0
bottle rockets arent fire crackers, they're fire works arent they, i mean they are meant to propel into the air and explode, firecrackers dont have propellant, just powder.
^ all those firecrackers you had when you were a kid were most likely illegal, i remember we got ours from a friend who did swimming competitions in the states around montana and Idaho etc, m60s, blackcat singles, smoke bombs.

edit: here (http://www.mysticaldistributing.com/prod_listing.asp?category=9) is a CDN site if you really want to order them, i have seen the cannonball with a fuse ones at a shop in Salmon Arm too, so they do have those here.

also M80s are even illegal in the states, maybe you had that messed up with an M60.

that canadian site only supplies fireworks. the OP is looking for firecrackers, which can be ordered through the site i posted.

legendboy
08-31-2009, 01:49 PM
I brought back 2 garbage bags of fire crackers from a reserve in montana. That was like 9 years ago now.

I think i actually still have some left lol

I wouldn't try to smuggle them across again after 9/11.

n1zm0
08-31-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by CMW403
that canadian site only supplies fireworks. the OP is looking for firecrackers, which can be ordered through the site i posted.

^ if you read the shipping section they would probably not even entertain sending firecrackers to Canada, but if anyone gets lucky i'll be down for buying some!

p.s: you can make humaroos into firecrackers, if you've ever opened one up you'll understand how. not that i condone doing such things unless on an acreage and safe environment. iirc the law in canada is that you cannot sell firecrackers, but to be in possession of them isn't illegal, not sure though

FiveFreshFish
08-31-2009, 01:52 PM
I thought firecrackers are legal in Saskatchewan.

2BLUE
08-31-2009, 02:04 PM

I just put an order in. They contacted me letting me know ...

Hi Nathan,

I received your online order for Fireworks, and unfortunately Fireworks are banned in the city limits of Calgary. If you plan on using them outside of the city limits, I would need to have that address for shipping. I would also require proof of age, so that means a scan of your current valid drivers license. If you are still interested, please feel free to call us at 1-800-563-1110 to place your order and so we can get a method of payment as well.

Regards,

Viola Summers

Mystical Distributing Co. Ltd.

Unit I-2610 Progressive Way

Abbotsford, BC V2T 6H9

(604) 852-1152

toll-free 1-800-563-1110

2BLUE
08-31-2009, 02:08 PM
M80's are around...Look around...lol

2BLUE
08-31-2009, 02:12 PM
here..

2ndgenlude
08-31-2009, 02:23 PM
that response is retarded. a photocopy of your DL? wouldn't a visa transaction automatically make you 18? and what if you were going camping? they want the address to your tent? wow...

AndyL
08-31-2009, 02:49 PM

No they weren't illegal - we used to pick them up at road side stands every summer in ontario (early 80's) - and no I never had problems buying them - at 10ish yrs old. Pretty Darn sure they were M80's - I may have to consult, but I'm 90% sure, seem to recall the rant the summer we couldn't find them and had to put up with those measly m60s - they just didn't do as good of a job with the big stuff needed to blow up...
:angel: :angel:

codetrap
08-31-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by 2ndgenlude
that response is retarded. a photocopy of your DL? wouldn't a visa transaction automatically make you 18? and what if you were going camping? they want the address to your tent? wow...

No. The minimum age on a lot of cards is 14 now.

CMW403
08-31-2009, 06:54 PM

I just put an order in. They contacted me letting me know ...

Hi Nathan,

I received your online order for Fireworks, and unfortunately Fireworks are banned in the city limits of Calgary. If you plan on using them outside of the city limits, I would need to have that address for shipping. I would also require proof of age, so that means a scan of your current valid drivers license. If you are still interested, please feel free to call us at 1-800-563-1110 to place your order and so we can get a method of payment as well.

Regards,

Viola Summers

Mystical Distributing Co. Ltd.

Unit I-2610 Progressive Way

Abbotsford, BC V2T 6H9

(604) 852-1152

toll-free 1-800-563-1110

Why don't you try ordering off of the site i linked above? i checked the shipping forms and there were blanks for postal code and province.

If the give you the same excuse as mystical did, i live on an acreage outside the limits and we can do a group buy. Im insterested in a strip of 8000 Black Cats, some bottle rockets and a pack of Little Dynamite.

2BLUE
09-01-2009, 09:36 AM

Why don't you try ordering off of the site i linked above? i checked the shipping forms and there were blanks for postal code and province.

If the give you the same excuse as mystical did, i live on an acreage outside the limits and we can do a group buy. Im insterested in a strip of 8000 Black Cats, some bottle rockets and a pack of Little Dynamite.

Firecrackers will be stopped by customs. Or atleast your taking that chance.

CMW403
09-01-2009, 07:36 PM

Firecrackers will be stopped by customs. Or atleast your taking that chance.

yeah theres always that chance. im going to make an order, ill update.

liuqee
09-01-2009, 10:25 PM
CMW403

I cant get pass choosing the payment method cause there's nothing to choose..

even when i get there it was check or money order.... how am i suppose to pay that?

2BLUE
09-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Make the order?

2BLUE
09-02-2009, 11:29 AM
My order is now placed.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Up at my friends cabin (pigeon lake) 2 weekends ago the smoke shops in the local stores sold firecrackers and fireworks. You just got to the smoke shop door and be like, uhh im here for firecrackers/fireworks, and make sure no one of importance (RCMP etc) is around. Got them really cheap too.

dynamo
09-02-2009, 06:54 PM
My order is now placed.

keep us updated

2BLUE
09-07-2009, 11:18 PM
I should get my order tommarow because I got it 24 hour delivered.

2BLUE
09-08-2009, 03:55 PM
I got my order this morning!!!!!!!!!!!

omfgcurtis
09-08-2009, 09:11 PM
did you order firecrackers? any issues?

CMW403
09-08-2009, 09:41 PM
I got my order this morning!!!!!!!!!!!

from mels fireworks? i just got an email back from him saying he doesn't send to canada...

2BLUE
09-08-2009, 10:03 PM

from mels fireworks? i just got an email back from him saying he doesn't send to canada...

Nope from abbotsford.

CMW403
09-09-2009, 07:46 AM

Nope from abbotsford.

can you link the website?

civicrider
09-09-2009, 09:01 AM
that Canadian site does not sell fire crackers only fire works

2BLUE
09-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by civicrider