PDA

View Full Version : Anybody heard of firstchoiceautotrader?

dglee
08-31-2009, 02:25 PM

I got a call from a person that works for this website. I was told I can list my car on their website for $200 dollars and they will help find potential buyers and help them do the finances as well.

Anybody have a review on this website? any good?

acura_el
08-31-2009, 02:35 PM
It's probably a scam. Do you have your car listed for sale anywhere else?

I got a similar call when I listed on autotrader saying they'd find me a buyer. They were charging $150.

Kloubek
08-31-2009, 02:42 PM
It is a scam. Pure and simple. Nobody visits these sites, and you will not sell your car through it.

Your wallet, however, WILL be lightened by $200.

dglee
08-31-2009, 02:43 PM
Listed on buysell, canadatrader.com, kijiji.

In the end did they find you a buyer? it sounds like a scam and their website isn't really that professional looking.

I never even heard of their website before and they expect me to use their service?

acura_el
08-31-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by dglee
Listed on buysell, canadatrader.com, kijiji.

In the end did they find you a buyer? it sounds like a scam and their website isn't really that professional looking.

I never even heard of their website before and they expect me to use their service?

No I never listed with them because I knew it was a scam and their site looked really unprofessional.

They told me they found my number off autotrader, so chances are they found yours the same way. If you've advertised on those 3 sites, you've got the bulk of the market covered and should be getting sufficient exposure.

FiveFreshFish
08-31-2009, 03:15 PM
Never heard of them.

First thing that comes to mind is First Choice Haircutters chain.

ClearBluewater
08-31-2009, 09:02 PM
Empire vehicle solutions is the most annoying shit

canuckcarguy
09-01-2009, 04:24 PM
I can't believe people still fall for this.

max_boost
09-01-2009, 04:33 PM
SCAM!

If you have never heard of them and have to put money up front, it's a SCAM. No matter how they sweet talk you, telling you it's money back guarantee etc.

Tell them to STFU and GTFO.

If you are selling your car for $20K and he says he has buyers lined up for you and all you have to do is pay $200 to advertise it, tell him to cut you a cheque for $19,800 and the car is his. (another Beyond member mentioned this and it's GOLD, the guys are speechless after LOL)

JAYMEZ
09-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Scam. End of story.

They've been pulling this crap for years!

Q-TIP
09-03-2009, 03:52 PM
When I sold my car a few years back a similar company contacted me (probably the same a-holes just with new company name). I told them I wasn't interested, then tried to call the number they had listed. Lo and behold it was disconnected.

Civ2NR
09-03-2009, 04:26 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/215929/global-auto-registrydoes-anybody-know-these-guys/

Probably these exact same guys. Do not give them anything!!!! Complete scam.