PDA

View Full Version : Peanut Butter Burger

wintonyk
08-31-2009, 07:46 PM
On the summer cruise myself and a crew of 10 or 15 others went to the olde pub in banff. Talking about the best burgers ever, I piped up about the glorious Peanut Butter Burger. Immediately everyone looked at me like a had 2 heads. Wanted to see if anyone else has tried this awesome concoction.

I first heard about it living in Halifax. A restaurant there (Darryl's) has the best burger in Halifax which consists of a burger that is made from fresh ground beef some spice and peanut butter mixed in.

My version is a little more simple. Bun, peanut butter to taste, burger with montreal steak spice. I haven't had a burger with mayo or the standard fixings in a few years.

And to top it off, I found a peanut butter at Community Natural foods that has hot peppers in.

signature7
08-31-2009, 08:05 PM
mmm sounds good. I love trying new food that mixes it up.

xecutivip
08-31-2009, 08:49 PM
:poosie:

nonlinear
08-31-2009, 08:50 PM
that sounds great. i've heard of peanut butter burgers before, but haven't tried one yet. might have to try this on our next burger night!

can you pretty much use any burger recipe, and then just use peanut butter as a dressing? or do you want the burger kinda mild/vanilla/plain, so that the peanut butter stands out?

another awesome sandwich is peanut butter and bacon :drool: :drool: :drool:

BokCh0y
08-31-2009, 10:24 PM
So when you talk about peanut butter burger...

Is it a burger with peanut on top kinda like cheese and ketchup?

Or is it they mix the peanut butter into the groundbeef then bbq..giving it a nutty taste i guess????

Very interested!!!!!

wintonyk
08-31-2009, 10:36 PM
1-1/2 lb lean hamburger or ground sirloin
1/4 c smooth peanut butter
1 tbsp montreal steak spice

then just combine the ingredients and shape. I usually throw it in fridge for a few hours to hold shape.

thats the way method similar to restaurant.

But most often I don't have enough time to pretty fresh patties. I buy the 24 pack of sirloin burgers from costco. And in that case I spread peanut butter in the bun, both sides. I love peanut butter a ton so thats all I do or I add some franks hot sauce or acid rain. A few buddies like it with ketchup. Creativity is endless really.

Jeremiah
08-31-2009, 10:47 PM
I've done this before, sometimes i even put a little honey on the bun. If you like Pineapple like I do, you can cut section out of a Pineapple and mix maple syrup and rum together, glaze the pineapple on both sides and grill it, goes great with peanutbutter and sticks to the bun so it doesnt slip and slide

As mentioned previously, peanut butter and bacon go together beautifully as well

wintonyk
08-31-2009, 11:11 PM
haha thats great i gotta try that. I love pineapple but typically don't eat it alone because it is such high gi. But mixing it into my peanut butter burger sounds divine.

I found the link for that hot peanut butter I was talking about. Turns out that company makes a maple peanut butter, honey peanut butter and a dark peanut butter.

The Heat is on Peanut Butter (http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/index.php/peanutbutter/peanut-butter/theheatison.html)

Jeremiah
08-31-2009, 11:43 PM
if you have a bottle of that penis butter at home let me know what the nutritional contents are. Calories, Fat, Carbs etc.

Thanks buddy

Disoblige
09-01-2009, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
if you have a bottle of that penis butter at home let me know what the nutritional contents are. Calories, Fat, Carbs etc.

Thanks buddy

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sdiep
09-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Yeah, PB&CO is awesome.

They have such a variety of peanut butters. You can find them at Sobeys.

Criticull
09-03-2009, 03:05 PM
I know it's not the same as mixing it in, but The Works burger restaurant chain in Ottawa features a burg called the skater boy which has PB and cream cheese on it. Never had it, but apparently it's delicious.

raidar
09-03-2009, 08:56 PM
PB and bacon is a great burger topping. Once the burger is cooked how you like, shut the gas off, spoon on some PB and close the lid for 10-15 seconds until the PB gets really soft. Once off the grill, top with some crispy bacon and enjoy!

wintonyk
09-03-2009, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by raidar
PB and bacon is a great burger topping. Once the burger is cooked how you like, shut the gas off, spoon on some PB and close the lid for 10-15 seconds until the PB gets really soft. Once off the grill, top with some crispy bacon and enjoy!

certainly gonna hafta try that on my next burger.

AtkinsApproved
09-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
that sounds great. i've heard of peanut butter burgers before, but haven't tried one yet. might have to try this on our next burger night!

can you pretty much use any burger recipe, and then just use peanut butter as a dressing? or do you want the burger kinda mild/vanilla/plain, so that the peanut butter stands out?

another awesome sandwich is peanut butter and bacon :drool: :drool: :drool:

You are the ONLY other person ive heard of that eats peanut butter bacon sandwichs....mmm soo good :drool:
Sorry for the old bump