PDA

View Full Version : The IHC: The Institute for Human Continuity

syritis
08-31-2009, 10:25 PM
www.instituteforhumancontinuity.org (http://www.instituteforhumancontinuity.org)

With the Mayan calendar ending in 2012, a large group of people must deal with natural disasters such as volcanic eruptions, typhoons and glaciers. Our Mission is to ensure the survival of the human race beyond 2012.

About the IHC
Unlike the man on the street corner preaching about the apocalypse carrying the thisistheend.com (http://www.thisistheend.com) sign, the IHC is deadicated to scientific research and public preparedness. After more then two decades of rigorous research from the worlds top astronomers, mathematicians, geologists, physicists, anthropologists, engineers, futurists... we know in 2012 a series of cataclysmic forces will wreak havoc on out planet. the IHC has developed a number of initiatives to prepare the world for this inevitability.

let the global riot begin!

962 kid
08-31-2009, 10:41 PM
:facepalm: When you know noone will go see your shitty movie, resort to viral marketing

syritis
08-31-2009, 11:11 PM
^^ first thing i though was that this sounds exactly like deep impact. The visualizations are fun to play with though.

Originally posted by syritis
we know in 2012 a series of cataclysmic forces will wreak havoc on out planet.

a rumor from an extinct race absolutely counts as factual evidence...

sexualbanana
08-31-2009, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid
:facepalm: When you know noone will go see your shitty movie, resort to viral marketing

i was going to say, i sure hope this guy realizes it's a movie.

EuroDubbs
09-01-2009, 12:06 AM
^ LOL!

09-01-2009, 12:07 AM
There's a huge planet called Nibiru that's suppose to pass through the Solar System and wreck havoc on Earth in 2012 :facepalm:

Cos
09-01-2009, 12:10 AM
wait... so this is like the meteor scare a few years ago that spawned Armageddon and Deep Impact right?

Looks like an okay movie, but are taking it too serious. Like the people who thought the recession brought on the end of capitalism.... :facepalm:

Tomaz
09-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by 590221010
There's a huge planet called Nibiru that's suppose to pass through the Solar System and wreck havoc on Earth in 2012 :facepalm:

Don’t forget the "pole flip" that is supposed to occur to the sun that causes it to enter a state of hyperactivity. Sending radiation and flares into our solar system every 11 years.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast15feb_1.htm

There was an article in the newspaper a while ago talking about the earth's south pole slowly moving north. It was 35* off "true south" and slowly increasing. They stated that this caused a "hole" in our protective magnetic barrier that allowed a solar flare to enter the earth's atmosphere and caused the huge blackout along the eastern shore of North America.

There was another incident where some crop circles were found in a field the depicted the Mayan Calendar with a bird of prey pointing it’s wings at the year 2008 (the year the design was discovered) and 2012 (the end of the Mayan Calendar).

The same field had a design of a DNA stand with the third helix. Which can be assumed to be mutation change of the “new world order” as the article phrased it.

Last but not least would be to describe all the strange weather patters the world is experiencing. Tsunami’s, multiple hurricanes, global warming/ice caps melting, Average temperature drop globally, Snow where it shouldn’t be snowing, species consistently going into extinction. There is no doubt there are always changes happening.

Personally I can not fathom the world ending so abruptly. I think everyone is being influenced by something. Weather it would be mass media, common coincidences, or maybe just finding excuses to shed all responsibility of being a human being. Who the fuck cares? I believe that we are going to destroy the earth ourselves and we don’t need excuses to shed the blame from our control.

JAYMEZ
09-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Lol saw this yesterday , so I went to the site .. Good marketing though

bituerbo
09-01-2009, 10:21 AM
:repost:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/258859/institute-for-human-continuity-/

syritis
09-01-2009, 11:41 AM
haha i suspected some kinda hoax but i didn't make the connection between the movie 2012 and the sony pictures copy right.

TKRIS
09-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by syritis
the IHC is deadicated to scientific research

Bwahahahahahaha!

Originally posted by 590221010

Hehe. In case anyone actually believes this fucking bullshit:

No one has actually observed Nibiru. The ONLY "evidence" that it exists is Zecharia Sitchin's say so, based on his "interpretations" of Sumarian texts.
No one has seen it, nor detected it's gravitational pull. There's absolutely zero evidence to support it's existence.

While this entire thing is a virtual comic goldmine for anyone with an intellectual capacity greater than that of a shoe, let's just point out the obvious one, just for fun:

When Sitchin fabricated this entire load of bullshit and called it a "translation" of Sumarian texts, he was pretty safe, since there were only a handful of people in the world who could actually, accurately, read Sumarian (hint: Sitchin was not among them). So he could say the text said whatever he wanted, and there was almost no one who could really refute him, because almost no one could read them.

So, what makes this so funny?
Sumarian is no longer an incredibly obscure language requiring a lifetime of expertise to translate. You can go down to the library and get a lexicon and translate it yourself with a little effort.
Anyone care to guess how accurate Sitchin's "translations" were? hahaha

Also, Nibiru wasn't supposed to pass by earth in 2012. The Planet X retards, Nibiru morons, and "Mayan" calendar idiots, just hitched their wagons together in an attempt to turn several sparse groups of morons into a slightly larger, single group of morons.

This 2012 crap gets under my skin. Not because it's bullshit, but just because it's so transparently bullshit, and it's still being spread.
5 minutes on Google completely annihilates all the 2012-ers claims, yet so many people believe it.
That's the frustrating thing: So many people will insist that on 2012 [insert whatever bullshit here] and the world is going to end, until they're blue in the face, without doing even the most cursory and basic research into the validity of that position.

It's not that they're wrong, it's that they're so clearly wrong that it's plainly evident that they don't hold anything they hear up to even the most rudimentary form of scrutiny. It's that they're so incredibly gullible that they'll not only believe whatever bullshit you tell them, but that they'll continue to believe it, and even defend it, even after someone points out that it's bullshit. It's an infuriating inability, or unwillingness, to think critically.

Fuck I hate this 2012 shit.

Tomaz
09-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by TKRIS

Fuck I hate this 2012 shit.

Love it! lol

Believe it, no. Love chatting about it, yes.

Plus if it was true, what the fuck could we do about it anyway?

syritis
09-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz
Plus if it was true, what the fuck could we do about it anyway?

I would suspect some millionaire somewhere in the world is spending his entire fortune to find the 13 skulls because hollywood said it was true. I would love to see him standing by himself on some deserted island holding all 13 crystal skulls. at the moment before "planet X" hits earth realizing his gullibility he simply throws the skulls at the invading planet!!! that's a true hollywood moment right there.

I've noticed that discovery channel is lapping it up too. they are ultimately in the entertainment industry.

JC522
09-01-2009, 05:16 PM
I always thought it said "The world ,as we know it, would come to an end" Couldn't that mean anything, not actually the world ending? Like learning something new, proving or disproving a major theory, or discovering something crazy?

But about the movie, I still haven't seen any trailors for it while watching other movies. I always see the big cardboard cut out for it at crowfoot movie theater

Super_Geo
09-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Are you kidding me? This is the best thing that an Albertan can ask for...

... think about what a lead-up to global apocalypse would do for oil prices :thumbsup:

I'll believe it when SilverRex finds evidence of this in his technical analysis :bigpimp:

FivE.SeveN
09-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Hail xenu!

JordanEG6
09-01-2009, 06:38 PM
I went to the site after I saw a public service announcement/commercial on TV. Then I logged on and noticed the "Sony Pictures" copy right on the page and realized the viral marketing campaign. Haha.

And I believe this "lottery" is for a contest because of the contest rules and disclaimer on the bottom.

Wrinkly
09-01-2009, 07:23 PM
:repost: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=276092

Anyway - this should put a few minds at rest (quite interesting actually - and a rather more rational approach)

http://www.famsi.org/research/vanstone/2012/index.html

Tomaz
09-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Wrinkly
Anyway - this should put a few minds at rest (quite interesting actually - and a rather more rational approach)

http://www.famsi.org/research/vanstone/2012/index.html

Well, my boss is not going to like my productivity today! lol

bjstare
09-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Funny the ppl that visited the site didn't see the "columbia pictures" name and logo on the tv haha.

My wife thought this was real when she saw it the first time. I paused... looked at her for a sec... then lol'd.