PDA

View Full Version : what does BOW mean on real property report?

ExtraSlow
09-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Wondering what the Notation B.O.W. means on a real property report. It's an area outside my property line, but not in the street or sidewalk. I assume it's some kind of right of way or easement or something, although i would expect those to be noted as ROW and EZE.
It's 3.75m of land at the front side of my property.

Also wondering who's responsible for maintaining trees and shrubs on that land, as I have some that need trimming.

masoncgy
09-01-2009, 03:29 PM
It means: "Back Of Walk".

ExtraSlow
09-02-2009, 12:24 PM
OK, so who's responible for tree and shrub maintenence on that space? It's clearly outside my property line.

prae
09-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
OK, so who's responible for tree and shrub maintenence on that space? It's clearly outside my property line.

Call 311 and ask?

ExtraSlow
11-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Don't know if anyone else was interested in this, but I shot 311 an email and asked them to "evaluate" that tree for trimming, and they are outside right now doing it.

I guess that officially means I can't do any crazy landscaping in that space.

Bisklimpkit
11-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Typically that area is just grass and you are responsible for maintaining it. Good to hear that they came out to do the trimming for you.

Here in Saskatoon you can actually call the city and request that they plant a tree on this area of your property, but then you become the one responsible for maintaining that tree. The good thing is that it's a free tree in front of your place!

ExtraSlow
11-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Yeah, in my area, there are trees on that part of the property on about 80% of the lots.