PDA

View Full Version : Painting "some" of a 6 Year old car.....Will it work??

Skrilla
09-02-2009, 02:04 PM
I purchased an 03 350Z a while back that has some rash on the front bumper from rocks etc. I don't want to paint the entire car as the rest of the paint is excellent,just trying to see if it is possible to just do the front bumper.....

Will it work or will the color difference be too noticable? Would a blend work on something like this? The car has 60K miles....

Any suggestions??

legendboy
09-02-2009, 04:01 PM
blend if you want it to look good

integra_xsi
09-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Find a shop that can tint the color, and will do a good job of it. Or if they have a camera that can take a picture of the pigment of the paint of the bumper. It's the best way to get an accurate match. Basically it comes down to the painter, and how experienced the person is at tinting the color. If you look closely at the color of the bumper, compared to the rest of the vehicle, It does'nt match anyways.

topher91
09-02-2009, 08:47 PM
What color is the car?

AE92_TreunoSC
09-02-2009, 09:02 PM
depends on the car, but generally if its not that old my shop will send out bumpers for a repaint

go to a body shop and get an estimate, blended or not blended.

tom_9109
09-03-2009, 07:40 AM
Just get the bumper painted by a good shop. Its not so old that the paint won't match. Don't worry about blending as its painted away from the car and can't be blended to the next panel like they can adjacent panels on the car. They can paint it and the fenders/hood and try to blend the new paint into the hood/fenders but I doubt you'd get any better results.

Skrilla
09-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by topher91
What color is the car?

Sorry forgot....It is Silver

sputnik
09-03-2009, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Skrilla

Sorry forgot....It is Silver

Nevermind the fact that the car is 6 years old...

Silver is the HARDEST colour to match when painted a portion of ANY car.

Skrilla
09-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

Nevermind the fact that the car is 6 years old...

Silver is the HARDEST colour to match when painted a portion of ANY car.

That's what I was afraid of.....

tom_9109
09-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Skrilla

That's what I was afraid of.....

But somehow silver cars are getting matched in shops. It can be done and blended in. Its not like damaged silver cars are written off because its a harder match.

sputnik
09-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by tom_9109
But somehow silver cars are getting matched in shops. It can be done and blended in. Its not like damaged silver cars are written off because its a harder match.

They don't get written off... but that doesn't mean the paint job looks good.

tom_9109
09-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

They don't get written off... but that doesn't mean the paint job looks good.

It doesn't mean it looks bad either. A good qualified painter can match paint. Its what they do. You call around and ask shops if they are incapable of matching silver thats 6 years old and see what they say.

Weapon_R
09-08-2009, 12:46 PM
If you take it to a good shop it'll look fine. Try contemporary motorsports if you have deep pockets and want it to look perfect. They are the best shop in the city in my opinion.

mungo
09-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

SportEL
09-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Screamin' Paintworks did my Front Bumper and Hood and blended the fenders in. The paint match is perfect, you can't notice a difference. They also did my rear bumper and roof panel, and you can't notice a difference at all in color compared to the rest of the car. It's a silver metallic. My car is 10 years old.