PDA

View Full Version : Whats the most that you have spent on a pair of jeans?

copynpaste
09-02-2009, 11:57 PM
$150 for me like 10yrs ago. Now, my max is about $100 tops, all my jeans were bought online and at dirt cheap clearance prices.

toyboy88
09-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Usually the $200-300 range - designer jeans just seem to fit better for people with a slimmer build. And for most (not all) designer brands, I do notice a better quality, construction, material, etc.

But on another hand, Hollister have been making some pretty sweet jeans in their 'low-rise slim boot' lately that I've picked up a couple pairs of as well.

But for me, usually Rocks or Sevens because of the fitting.

Hash_man
09-03-2009, 12:22 AM
Most expensive were True Religions from their outlet store in vegas ... $130 when the dollar was pretty much on par.

Fit awesome, and I loved them, but they wore out faster then I had hoped...

Bought 2 pairs from Guess outlet a couple weeks back for $69 +gst... Best jean purchase I have made in a damn long time.

rizfarmer
09-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Can't resist Boss jeans

Supa Dexta
09-03-2009, 05:53 AM
Less then 100$ and I still pull mad tail. :dunno:

thinmyster
09-03-2009, 07:41 AM
350$ for diesels. but i try and keep it ~200-250max

I used to buy jeans on sale BECUASE they were on sale but they always just sat in my closet. so now i buy what i like regardless of price

Zhariak
09-03-2009, 08:01 AM
I noticed with designer jeans they do fit better. (I'm 6'2, and thin)

However, I've noticed the quality is absolute shit. I've gone through maybe 6 pairs of $300-$450 pairs of jeans in the past 2 years...

All those ruff marks they make in the material always end up splitting open... Keep in mind too that I don't play any sports in them or anything, usually just walk around, sit, stand up, etc....

GQBalla
09-03-2009, 08:06 AM
$500 bucks....i don't regret it though.

looks good.

but i rarely buy jeans and they still last, i buy more expensive jeans but they seem to last long for me

TorqueDog
09-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Jeans today do not have enough crotch room. I hate shopping for them.

I just bring a chick and say "Find me some pants with sufficient ball space" and let them loose in the mall.

freshprince1
09-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Spending more than $50-$80 on jeans is just ridiculous.

scat19
09-03-2009, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by freshprince1

Always one opinionated idiot, isn't there.

Having two cars is just ridiculous.

freshprince1
09-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by scat19

Having two cars is just ridiculous.

I just don't see the need to spend that much on jeans.

To each his own, I guess.:dunno:

sputnik
09-03-2009, 08:50 AM
I only wear Levis 527 (low rise boot cut)... have yet to pay more than $50 USD for a pair.

Vagabond142
09-03-2009, 09:05 AM
I just wear khaki's... $20 or so for a pair that last me years upon years. :thumbsup: :hijack:

Plus, I'm allergic to the dye in denim, so the most I've spent on jeans since about age 16 is $0

TorqueDog
09-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by scat19

Having two cars is just ridiculous. Tinting your windshield is just ridiculous - next gripe, please.

Tik-Tok
09-03-2009, 09:09 AM
I think the most I'VE spent is around $80, but I know my wife has bought me jeans that were well over $100.

I'd agree that you can't find nice fitting jeans for <$100, but 99% of the time, I don't care if they don't fit perfect.

beyond_ban
09-03-2009, 09:10 AM
I cant stand the fit of non designer jeans so i rarely spend under 150$ on jeans, unless i find a killer sale or i am shopping in the states. Favorites are Trues, Rocks, Boss, Ernest Sewn and William Rasts.

Says the guy who shops at Walmart and has a boy friend who "likes me for who i am" :rofl:

ZorroAMG
09-03-2009, 09:12 AM
I used to buy diesels and sevens and whatever spending upwards of $250 but that's ridiculous IMO.

The best jeans for me fit wise are Guess Falcons....low rise boot cut, good quality, chicks dig my ass in them and they are like $110.

Those looking for options if you are slimmer/fit build, check them out.

JAYMEZ
09-03-2009, 09:18 AM
I used to buy really expensive jeans because I love how they fit.. Now i just look at what looks good.. I wear jeans all the time , so IMO its worth spending a little more (IF the quality is good)

prae
09-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Spent $95 on a pair of silvers about two years back. They were OK but I have not spent that kind of coin since. Usually I try to keep my jean purchases under $50.

I only wear them on my downtime anyway, usually they end up fucked up from working on the truck or the house.

prae
09-03-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm in full agreement with torquedog on the ball room. My last few pairs have a big hole where my left nut sits :rofl:

sputnik
09-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by prae
My last few pairs have a big hole where my left nut sits :rofl:

Thats from scratching your left nut... unless you are always dry humping your chair at work.

Jlude
09-03-2009, 09:45 AM
100 max... I'm used to be a fashionable person, I don't really care about that stuff anymore.

EK 2.0
09-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

The best jeans for me fit wise are Guess Falcons....low rise boot cut, good quality, chicks dig my ass in them and they are like $110.

I dig your ass in them too...:love:

EM1FTW
09-03-2009, 11:26 AM
last pair i bought was $70, which was half price.
best pair of jeans ive ever owned.

Sasuke_Kensai
09-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Most expensive: About $82 from peer advice, for some jeans that make me feel kind of girly. Absolute regret.

$40 for some BR jeans. Love them, but too little crotchroom a lá TorqueDog.

Bought some Wrangler (:eek:) jeans for a whole $12 in the states. Fit awesome, perhaps my favorite jeans ever assuming they last! Probably not great for picking up chicks, but my girlfriend seems to like them haha. Should've bought more.

masoncgy
09-03-2009, 11:46 AM
I remember spending $150+ on jeans back in the mid-90s when I was younger, a little more self-absorbed and not responsible with money...

Now.. any clothing I purchase is heavily discounted... last pair of jeans I bought were out of the Le Chateau outlet and $40... reduced from 130-something... just last week.

If you have the money to blow on expensive clothing, all the power to you. If you really don't have the money to buy it (ie: dumping it on credit) then you're an idiot.

My .02

;)

Hakkola
09-03-2009, 12:26 PM
I usually pay around $300 per pair of jeans, but I only buy 2 or 3 pairs a year, I have Diesels from 4 years ago that still look good.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-03-2009, 12:30 PM
$60 for me. I have to make them last because its impossible to find them in my size...

stevieo
09-03-2009, 12:36 PM
my avg is like 150-200 bucks for most of my trues and rocks
but i did buy one pair of super t's for full price at 375 once...haha i fucked up. it was nice but i lost a lot of weight and i can't wear those jeans anymore haha i only wore them like 4 times.. oh well whatever haha

but i do have a lot of jeans..i have like 7 pairs of trues and around 10 pairs of rocks a few pairs of sevens and a pair of nudies..i love jeans haha

Neil4Speed
09-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
I usually pay around $300 per pair of jeans, but I only buy 2 or 3 pairs a year, I have Diesels from 4 years ago that still look good.

Exactly the same for me, except I try to keep it around the ~200 mark.

spikerS
09-03-2009, 04:50 PM
i usually spend $44.99 for my Wranglers at Lammleys. I can't justify spending more.

turbotrip
09-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man

Bought 2 pairs from Guess outlet a couple weeks back for $69 +gst... Best jean purchase I have made in a damn long time.

indeed $150 for guess is about as much as im willing to spend on jeans

JordanLotoski
09-03-2009, 05:07 PM

I just don't see the need to spend that much on jeans.

To each his own, I guess.:dunno:

I thought that to untill i went into Holt and tryed on a few pairs of 250+ jeans..now i wont wear anything else.

Supa Dexta
09-03-2009, 05:34 PM
this should have been a 2 part question..

Among those who buy the few hundred dollar jeans, are jager bombs also your drink of choice?

Its funny when you pick out a few people in these posts that do have money and hot wives/gf's, but don't spend that kinda coin and get by just fine... :rofl:

homelessman
09-03-2009, 05:50 PM
$75 - 100

they are fucking jeans.

hampstor
09-03-2009, 05:53 PM
It was a long time ago. I think it was 129 for a pair of ikeda lockups. Haha

D'z Nutz
09-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by hampstor
It was a long time ago. I think it was 129 for a pair of ikeda lockups. Haha

Holy fuck, I remember those! :rofl: Ooooh, I feel so old :cry:

I used to do the $200 jean thing back in high school but stopped caring after. I retrospect, what a waste of money. I haven't worn jeans in over a decade.

Ajay
09-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Most I've spent has been about $400 for a pair of Rocks. I wanted to see what the hype was all about with expensive jeans. Now I have True Religion and Diesel jeans and while they fit better than most jeans for my build they aren't THAT great.

I've got jeans from $40-400 and my favorite pair is my $45 boot cut Bluenotes.

Hoodie's on the other hand. I love spending money on hoodies!

Chandler_Racing
09-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Use to always buy Diesel, until they started making tacky shit. Now, Hugo Boss is the only jeans I will purchase.

wes_v
09-03-2009, 10:42 PM
I usually buy rock&republics, true religions, sevens, and william rast. But i have been lately buying nudie jeans they fit good and are under $200, best fitting jeans IMO (my favorite)

max_boost
09-04-2009, 11:19 AM
For going out, I wear the $250+ jeans, Trues/Rocks/7's etc.

But for work, $100 guess jeans, cliff style, venice wash bootcut haha

I use to wear the expensive jeans to work but with the grease etc. I had to wash it after each wear and it just killed the jeans but with the Guess, they are cheap enough where you just don't care lol

The most expensive pair was $330USD for Rocks I bought in Vegas. :eek:

TKRIS
09-04-2009, 11:36 AM
I would be embarrassed as hell to wear the type of brand name jeans that cost $100+.

While I don't have the most sophisticated fashion sense, I know enough to know that I don't want to look like a mark.

I subscribe to the ~$65 rule. Everything I'm wearing, except shoes, could be, in a pinch, repurchased for $65 or less.

bignerd
09-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Most I have spent is $130 for jeans that were on sale.

Last pair I bought were $40 from Underground I think(on sale from $100). As long as they look and fit good I don't care what they cost(as in cheaper). Usually don't like to spend more than $100 but I will occasionally if I find a nice pair of Parasuco's (my fav.).

Rat Fink
09-04-2009, 03:46 PM

msommers
09-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Depends a bit but somewhere in the 200-300 area. I have Diesels that are pretty old that still are fine. I got a pair of GAP jeans for christmas a couple years ago...they're good for working in the garage now as they're ripped to shit from normal wear :( I think those are around 100 bucks even, to me, that's a rip-off.

homelessman
09-04-2009, 03:56 PM
alot of people who buy the 300+ jeans are only doing it to impress folks who they don't even care about. get real.

remarx-j
09-04-2009, 04:54 PM
you don't need to spend 300+ to get a nice comfy pair of jeans.

http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_10857

Jonel
09-04-2009, 05:02 PM
For work/school/the usual night outs. I have jeans around the 40-60$ mark - AE seems to fit the best for me since I have huge calves, I'll buy maybe 4-6 pairs in a year. I have a couple of R&R that i only wear if I have to go somewhere that requires me to dress a bit better.

ZorroAMG
09-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by remarx-j
you don't need to spend 300+ to get a nice comfy pair of jeans.

http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_10857

Yeah if you're emo....lol

PS do some of you really buy clothing without trying them on? I.E. online shopping? If so, it makes sense how some of you who spend big bucks still look douchey haha

Jlude
09-05-2009, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Yeah if you're emo....lol

PS do some of you really buy clothing without trying them on? I.E. online shopping? If so, it makes sense how some of you who spend big bucks still look douchey haha

When I go shoppping, I'll try maybe one pair of jeans on and a shirt, to see if that style fits well... then I'll just buy a bunch of stuff, try it on later and if it doesn't fit or I don't like it, I'll get the gf to take it back.

But if I order a sweater from online or a pair of shorts from A&F or Hollister or BR I usually know ahead of time how it's gonna fit cause it's what I always get.

Prelude_dude
09-05-2009, 06:43 AM
~450 resale price for a pair of levis fenoms shipped and exclusively sold in japan. Nothing like wearing a pair of jeans u don't see every other person having

sputnik
09-05-2009, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Prelude_dude
~450 resale price for a pair of levis fenoms shipped and exclusively sold in japan. Nothing like wearing a pair of jeans u don't see every other person having

I guess thats true.

There are probably only a few idiots that walk the earth that spend that much on jeans.

masoncgy
09-05-2009, 08:38 AM

From 20 ft away, can anyone really tell the difference, or give a shit?

lol...

5000Audi
09-05-2009, 09:32 AM
jeans are jeans, i dont see the need to spend over 50 bucks on jeans. i buy jeans from walmart or bluenotes.. never spent more then $40 bucks for them before..some of those pricey jeans i see people wearing just look terrible.. i could take my 20 buck jeans and cut some holes in them, run them over a sanding belt, toss some bleach on them and bam the same look at those 200+ jeans...

So i agree on the under 65 bucks rule.. everything can be bought per piece under 65 bucks. even shoes.. i buy them from winners.. get the nice brand shoes for a good price.

LEts have a think here...

Your jeans cost 250 bucks. thats JUST jeans

For me-
DC shoes-$49 ( winners)
Jeans-$30( walmart)
Shirts-2 for $22( blue notes)
Socks-$6( walmart)
Hat-$40 bucks( many differant places)

Thats $147 bucks for all that..

Now tell me your same list with all the same clothes in your price.. looking at 600-700 bucks.. total waste of money...

speedog
09-05-2009, 09:47 AM
It's all about priorities. For some, $250 for a pair of jeans is A-OK while for others, $250 puts food on the table for a week for their family. Myself, I've never spent more than $75 on a pair of jeans and at the same time, I'm not gonna knock those that do. If $250 jeans makes them feel good, then why bash them - it isn't a big deal just as long as that $250 (or whatever) is truly expendable and isn't being spent at the risk of shorting other real life expenses (food, shelter, health, etc).

Maxt
09-05-2009, 09:56 AM
I never spend more than 30.00 on Jeans.. Its not that the cost or the fashion bothers me. After a month of exposure to welding and chemicals they are pretty much done. I have a few pairs I keep for non physical work, but I write them off as a work expense so I always buy 12 of the same brand.
Being on call 24hours, you end up never wearing good clothes anyway. I learned that lesson having to repair a condenser in -30 in a suit and tie once.

S13_Ryan
09-05-2009, 10:31 AM
i buy buffalo's there still nice, good quality and the fit is nice depending on what cut you buy and what body style you have.

all the designer jeans seem to fit wayy to tight on the thigh and i fucking hate that.

all you guys buying these high priced designer jeans because they "fit good" maybe you should adress your body type being tall and thin instead of paying 300+ for a pair of jeans with a beige stitched horseshoe on your ass pocket. Your a guy... your legs shouldnt be toothpicks like a chick. if you cant fill out the legs in a buffalo or guess jean and your a guy you have a problem.

Isaiah
09-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by speedog
It's all about priorities. For some, $250 for a pair of jeans is A-OK while for others, $250 puts food on the table for a week for their family. Myself, I've never spent more than $75 on a pair of jeans and at the same time, I'm not gonna knock those that do. If $250 jeans makes them feel good, then why bash them - it isn't a big deal just as long as that $250 (or whatever) is truly expendable and isn't being spent at the risk of shorting other real life expenses (food, shelter, health, etc).
Well put.

Students bankrolling their tuition on student loans while sporting $350 rocks does not make much sense. Conversely, the same pair of jeans on an executive at a backyard bbq is no big deal.

max_boost
09-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by speedog

Totally, to each their own. I won't lie, I feel good when I wear my $250 jeans. Soft denim, nice fit, so comfortable. :rofl:

Really, it's no different than spending it on car mods. Guys who dump $20-$50K into their rides, are they stupid too? lol

Originally posted by S13_Ryan
i buy buffalo's there still nice, good quality and the fit is nice depending on what cut you buy and what body style you have.

all the designer jeans seem to fit wayy to tight on the thigh and i fucking hate that.

all you guys buying these high priced designer jeans because they &quot;fit good&quot; maybe you should adress your body type being tall and thin instead of paying 300+ for a pair of jeans with a beige stitched horseshoe on your ass pocket. Your a guy... your legs shouldnt be toothpicks like a chick. if you cant fill out the legs in a buffalo or guess jean and your a guy you have a problem.

haha there are designer jeans that fit good in the thigh area. You just have to find the right ones. I have huge thighs from doing squats and deadlifts and still found some nice stuff from 7's, True's and R&R.

rony_espana
09-05-2009, 12:48 PM
I once spent $425 on a pair of trues...stupidest thing I've ever done. :dunno:

CUG
09-05-2009, 01:17 PM
I got a pair of Agave jeans from thomas jeffrey's that were $300 or so. I love them. I WON'T buy TR, 7's, or RnR's because everyone has them and it's usually really small asian guys, thuggin g's or girls that wear them. I've rarely seen anyone with REAL money that buys them.. so I stick to the less common high end brands, if at all.
Less expensive jeans I buy are buffalos and Levis.

LongCity
09-05-2009, 01:28 PM

Woooaaah, man! You're a pretty cool guy!

Disoblige
09-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by CUG
I got a pair of Agave jeans from thomas jeffrey's that were $300 or so. I love them. I WON'T buy TR, 7's, or RnR's because everyone has them and it's usually really small asian guys, thuggin g's or girls that wear them. I've rarely seen anyone with REAL money that buys them.. so I stick to the less common high end brands, if at all.
Less expensive jeans I buy are buffalos and Levis.

True for the most part :D Wore a pair of rocks in 2005-2006 and liked the backpocket design (meh, I was in grade 10-11 and I never had a pair of jeans over $80 in my life yet). I also liked it because very few people in school wore them. Now, 90% of what I wear has the brand hidden so you wouldn't know what it is unless you know the product well or look at my tags. Glad I got that teeny-boppy stage out.

SoSimpo
09-05-2009, 03:09 PM
most expensive jeans i bought was
500 dollar True's

xDodge2x
09-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Daum ppl are RICH!!! BITCHES!!!
hah

theken
09-05-2009, 05:56 PM
bought some sevens for 180 bucks i think.

HyperZell
09-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by 5000Audi
jeans are jeans, i dont see the need to spend over 50 bucks on jeans. i buy jeans from walmart or bluenotes.. never spent more then $40 bucks for them before..some of those pricey jeans i see people wearing just look terrible.. i could take my 20 buck jeans and cut some holes in them, run them over a sanding belt, toss some bleach on them and bam the same look at those 200+ jeans...

So i agree on the under 65 bucks rule.. everything can be bought per piece under 65 bucks. even shoes.. i buy them from winners.. get the nice brand shoes for a good price.

LEts have a think here...

Your jeans cost 250 bucks. thats JUST jeans

For me-
DC shoes-$49 ( winners)
Jeans-$30( walmart)
Shirts-2 for $22( blue notes)
Socks-$6( walmart)
Hat-$40 bucks( many differant places)

Thats $147 bucks for all that..

Now tell me your same list with all the same clothes in your price.. looking at 600-700 bucks.. total waste of money...

No offense, man, but to some (or maybe a lot) of people, that outfit sounds boring. To a certain extent, what they say is true - clothes make the man. They are a reflection of yourself and your values, and where some people don't give a crap, others make it a high priority. I don't really like either - balance is what it's about!

Prelude_dude
09-08-2009, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by masoncgy

From 20 ft away, can anyone really tell the difference, or give a shit?

lol...

nope, but rather than spending 500 on a pair of jeans that everyone else has, why not spend less or the same for something that nobody else has. just my way of seeing things

Team_Mclaren
09-08-2009, 12:40 AM
its all personal preference. My parents think im an idiot for spending so much on a car (or two), then dump more money into "modding" it. But to me its worth it, same idea.

and oh, the most i have spent on a pair of jeans is 200.

Disoblige
09-08-2009, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by HyperZell

No offense, man, but to some (or maybe a lot) of people, that outfit sounds boring. To a certain extent, what they say is true - clothes make the man. They are a reflection of yourself and your values, and where some people don't give a crap, others make it a high priority. I don't really like either - balance is what it's about!

:werd: There needs to be a balance, and I do believe that the designer stuff has a better fit too. Also, I would like to add that there's a difference between clothes that stand out and expensive brands that scream "Hey LOOK at this" that stand out. Personally, I hate Rocks as I seen a huge herd of them after 2005, as well as those terrible looking True Religions.

stealth
09-08-2009, 01:49 AM
I only usually buy Buffalo jeans. They look good and fit good too. Usually about $110.

almerick
09-08-2009, 11:39 AM
250 for a pair of evisus? with blue and brown pockets?

kertejud2
09-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Spending that much money on utilitarian clothing unsuitable for work doesn't make much sense to me. But to each his own I suppose.

I'm sort of from the TKRIS school, with the exception of specialty clothing (winter jackets, hiking gear etc.) and shoes, the only clothing I'd have worth more than $50 would be sports jerseys (I guess it would be fair to call me stupid for buying a ~$150 Flames jersey now that I think about it).

Q-TIP
09-08-2009, 04:17 PM
70 bucks, worst purchase ever because I crashed my dirtbike the next day and tore a hole in the ass.

I figure people spend money on what they want to spend money on. I spend it on my hobbies (bikes, truck and car) while others spend it on clothes.

For me, the only time I wear jeans is after work, and then I'm usually either on my motorcycle or under my truck installing a new part or fixing something I F'ed up when I installed the last part. That being said I am more than comfortable spending $1100 on 33 inch tires for my truck because I am going to use them. If someone spends $900 bucks on an outfit that they are going to use and feel good about then so be it. They probably aren't my friend or my type of girl, but I got nothing against them.

240SX92
09-08-2009, 04:19 PM
I've bought 250$ jeans, and 30$ jeans, I find they both wear and rip the same anyways so might as well buy the 30$... I had a pair of Banana Republic skinny jeans, wore them to get my moneys worth they probably started ripping good knee / inner thigh holes in under 4 months, bought a pair of slim fit at blue notes when I was broke, started getting random holes everywhere in under 4 months too. So now i'll just buy AE, Gap, Old Navy, all the same shit anyways.

max_boost
09-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Q-TIP
They probably aren't my friend or my type of girl, but I got nothing against them.

:werd:

That's why people have to lay off others just because they spend their money differently. Plus who are we to judge anyway?

03ozwhip
09-09-2009, 11:16 PM
ive spent 350 on Diesels years ago. i used to be a huge club kid and always bought/wore the "best" and was a COMPLETE choch, ill be the first to admit it.

but since ive been with my wife since 02, my wardrobe has depleated to $100 jeans max maybe twice a year with runners/skates shoes.

its the complete oppsite of what i used to wear becase id rather spend my money on my wife, house and cars and now my son and now dont really give a shit what i look likke. i dont think ive shaved in over a week, married life is good.

swak
09-10-2009, 12:47 AM
Ive spent $110 tops, for Mavi's, guess and buffalo Jeans.

Now since then i haven't spent more than $50-60 on jeans.

I can get Levis for $45-50 at the bay when they have sales, and American Eagle always has cheap prices.

I find the $40-50 pairs just as comfy and look just as good as the $100ish pairs.

This $300 and working minimum wage crap is a complete waste. No one cares what the label on the back of your jeans says, you're not going to be looked at different if there's an 'R' on your pocket, and over half the population probably doesn't even notice that. I know for a fact i don't, and i am sure i'm not the only one.

abyss
09-10-2009, 10:53 AM
haha wow this thread is making me feel so cheap. I pay $19.50 for my Bluenotes. But the most I've ever spent on Jeans was $100 for a pair of Ikeda overalls.