PDA

View Full Version : can anyone translate japanese?

z24_wheels
09-03-2009, 08:58 AM
I found three information cards in my Hilux Surf, wondering if anyone can translate.

z24_wheels
09-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Attachment

Supa Dexta
09-03-2009, 09:15 AM
No idea what it says, but by picture its where all the grease fittings are.

n1zm0
09-03-2009, 09:19 AM
^ yeah and the 24 # there im going to guess, every 2 years grease them up

the top left one would be your basic 4WD operation, High 2 high 4 and low 4, i think the park and neutral thing is basically stop, take it out of gear and then select your drivetrain configuration.

the r/h black one i see the JDM cluster icon for exhaust temperature, so something about that i guess lol idk

edit: also something about probably not using the High 4 selection above 100 km/h which is obviously not recommended for this type of 4WD setup, its why you have 2WD selection available.

texasnick
09-03-2009, 12:50 PM
My Japanese is a bit rusty, especially with the kanji, but I'll try my best.

Top left says how to change between 4L, 2H and 4H: "Transfer Case Operation" (I think thats what it says)

1. H2 to H4 - something about pushing a switch on the "change lever"?
2. H2 from H4 - not sure about everything it says, just about changing it below 100km/hr.
3. H to L4 - Apply the brake, put the "change lever" in N (middle position) or P.

Middle Right is a Safety Warning.......jack stands, ramps, etc. I can't translate the whole thing though.

Bottom is about the drivetrain maintenence.

First point at top - Not sure the beginning of the sentence, but the second half says to "grease up" 24 hours later.

A. Propeller Shaft Joint
B. Propeller Shaft Sleeve Yolk maybe?
C. Double Caldon / Cardon (spelled like karudan) Joint?

Middle pic says propeller shaft above it

Bottom says,
Warning: Something about an 18 mm something on the grease gun.

Sorry, I'm not that much help. Kanji pwns me and it's literally been probably 6 years since I've read / written any Japanese.

z24_wheels
09-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Nice! Thanks! I can get the gist of course, but I wanted to know if there was any additional information in there. Info is king for these trucks.