PDA

View Full Version : Skyline Destroys Bus shelter

dooman24
09-03-2009, 09:02 PM
well corner of
memorial Dr. and 68th N.E.

Here's some pics.. dont know what happened..
http://members.shaw.ca/nguyentuan/sky1.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/nguyentuan/sky2.jpg

funkedelic2
09-03-2009, 09:04 PM
lol

homelessman
09-03-2009, 09:05 PM
i see blue striped pants. transit officers are on the scene :rofl:

he should have ran. fuck that little asshole in the bike helmet.

Powdercoat17
09-03-2009, 09:05 PM
haha damn 16 year olds drifting

Kloubek
09-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Jesus - I was standing right there this morning!

This is most likely a plain example of inexperienced/careless driver meets excessive horsepower.

///328is
09-03-2009, 09:22 PM
SE yo!

desto2para
09-03-2009, 09:27 PM
looks like somebody failed a attempted race

Proboscis
09-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Reasons like this is why I never sat in bus shelters.

dino_martini
09-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Broken drift button I bet.

FraserB
09-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Where's the giant Beyond sticker on the back window?:dunno:

homelessman
09-03-2009, 09:45 PM
SKYRINE POWAWR

7thgenvic
09-03-2009, 09:46 PM
madddd drift yo......

Can't wait for the 2009 to pipe up....

spacerz
09-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

This is most likely a plain example of inexperienced/careless driver meets excessive horsepower.

THIS!

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-03-2009, 09:52 PM
:facepalm:

RickDaTuner
09-03-2009, 10:08 PM
ITS SKYNEZIRRA!!!

Dj_Stylz
09-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Haha i saw this about a hour ago. Looked pretty bad.

dooman24
09-03-2009, 10:14 PM
luckyly.. looks like there wasn't anybody in that shelter...

rizfarmer
09-03-2009, 10:14 PM
:rofl:

bjstare
09-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Where in the SE is this? I'm from down there, and it doesn't look familiar....

Edit: Way for me to read the first 3 lines:facepalm:

Originally posted by Proboscis
Reasons like this is why I never sat in bus shelters.

Ya me too, cause this happens all the time.:rolleyes:

TorqueDog
09-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by homelessman
he should have ran. fuck that little asshole in the bike helmet. That was the driver - when you've got a Skyrine, you NEED a bike helmet.

Numi
09-03-2009, 10:21 PM
it's its in the n.e. near abbeydale.

signature7
09-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Nice spot. Wish I saw a video of this.

dooman24
09-03-2009, 10:22 PM

J NRG
09-03-2009, 10:24 PM

badatusrnames
09-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by J NRG

I had brake lines burst on me in a van with my sister and gfin it as i exited a hwy onto a busy city street. I went onto the sidewalk to avoid getting t-boned and got very lucky as no one was there.

My dad had his burst as well on him in his old car one time - pretty scary situation he said.

I upgraded to braided steel lines...

heavyD
09-04-2009, 07:11 AM
http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&source=hp&q=car+hits+bus+shelter&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=car+hits+bus+shelter&fp=453f837c80fa8500

I had brake lines burst on me in a van with my sister and gfin it as i exited a hwy onto a busy city street. I went onto the sidewalk to avoid getting t-boned and got very lucky as no one was there.

It looks like he tried to avoid the concrete bench... :D

Yes but JDM cars are thoroughly inspected before they are deemed legal for driving on our streets.

strong
09-04-2009, 07:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUr1Tq8Wa60

Little more drAma but same shit

GQBalla
09-04-2009, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

Yes but JDM cars are thoroughly inspected before they are deemed legal for driving on our streets.

best line in the whole thread

scat19
09-04-2009, 07:40 AM
Honestly, could have been any car - probably driver error.

Poor bus stop though?

phrozen
09-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

Some of them also have 16,453km!!! :banghead:

Zero102
09-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

I upgraded to braided steel lines...

So you can experience a higher rate of failure than you would experience by simply replacing the stock lines with correct new rubber ones?

nich148_9
09-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Jesus - I was standing right there this morning!

This is most rikery a prain example of inexperienced/careress driver meets excessive horsepower.

Originally posted by dooman24
ruckiry.. rooks like there wasn't anybody in that sherter...

FTFY.

Pollywog
09-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Zero102

So you can experience a higher rate of failure than you would experience by simply replacing the stock lines with correct new rubber ones?

Nothing I love more than people who talk right out their ass.

UPGRADING to steel brake lines has many benefits, such as improved reliability, high abrasion resistance, and little-to-no line expansion during braking; hence less lost pressure going into malleable rubber lines, and instead full pressure making it to the calipers.

Thanks for coming out.

240SX92
09-04-2009, 10:06 AM
/Grabs popcorn, waits for owner to post.

D'z Nutz
09-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Just to shut some of you up I went up to that intersection today to check it out for myself. With cars driving by at 60kph I was able to see them for a total of 9 seconds on average before they were in the middle of the intersection. Going twice this speed, the skyline would have been visible for approx. 4.5- 5 seconds, enough time for a bus shelter to avoid a reckless driver.

Bus shelters ftl.

I even videotaped it, give me a sec to get it up here.

FraserB
09-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Just to shut some of you up I went up to that intersection today to check it out for myself. With cars driving by at 60kph I was able to see them for a total of 9 seconds on average before they were in the middle of the intersection. Going twice this speed, the skyline would have been visible for approx. 4.5- 5 seconds, enough time for a bus shelter to avoid a reckless driver.

Bus shelters ftl.

:rofl: :burnout:

beyond_ban
09-04-2009, 10:45 AM
... woke up to early

Mibz
09-04-2009, 10:47 AM

Bus shelters ftl.

I even videotaped it, give me a sec to get it up here. Well played sir.

Pollywog
09-04-2009, 10:56 AM

Bus shelters ftl.

lol, cheap shot dude - and besides, in this situation the "bus shelter" didn't drive into the middle of an intersection when unsafe to do so. At least I went up to do the research.

GQNammer
09-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Waiting for the video tape sir

:rofl:

badatusrnames
09-04-2009, 11:23 AM

O rly? Proove?

JfuckinC
09-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Pollywog

lol, cheap shot dude - and besides, in this situation the "bus shelter" didn't drive into the middle of an intersection when unsafe to do so. At least I went up to do the research.

haha that's not a cheap shot, your posts are all gurmpy, ass hole posts lately. it was a very thoughtfully funny post :poosie:

BerserkerCatSplat
09-04-2009, 11:38 AM

Bus shelters ftl.

Flawless victory.

Pollywog
09-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
your posts are all gurmpy
Perhaps I am a grumpy person. :dunno:

Any pics of car damage?

Zero102
09-04-2009, 12:25 PM

Nothing I love more than people who talk right out their ass.

UPGRADING to steel brake lines has many benefits, such as improved reliability, high abrasion resistance, and little-to-no line expansion during braking; hence less lost pressure going into malleable rubber lines, and instead full pressure making it to the calipers.

Thanks for coming out.

If you say so :nut:

Race cars have it so it must be better for my street car!

Pollywog
09-04-2009, 12:27 PM

Yea, I heard they just stopped using leaf springs in formula-1 as well!

If you can give provide even ONE factual point that backs up your previous theory that factory rubber lines are superior to aftermarket braided steel lines, i'd love to hear it.

JfuckinC
09-04-2009, 12:32 PM

If you say so :nut:

:rolleyes:

sr20s14zenki
09-04-2009, 12:33 PM

If you can give provide even ONE factual point that backs up your previous theory that factory rubber lines are superior to aftermarket braided steel lines, i'd love to hear it.

Going from a full hardline from the front back to a soft line, the soft line allows for expansion and thusly loss of pressure before the caliper, it may be slight, but its still there. The stainless line, acting like a hard line, allows for NO expansion, so it increases the pressure. You are 100% correct, i have felt before and after with stainless lines on my s13, and i noticed it bigtime, much better pedal feel.

but i reckon you already knew that :D

Zero102
09-04-2009, 12:38 PM

The stainless line, acting like a hard line, allows for NO expansion, so it increases the pressure.

More famous Beyond physics here. I am not going to side-track this thread any further, if you want to know more you can google it. I will never have stainless braided lines on any of my cars.

Pollywog
09-04-2009, 12:41 PM

I am not going to side-track this thread any further, if you want to know more you can google it. I will never have stainless braided lines on any of my cars.

Well, IM convinced. :rolleyes: You spent the time sharing this useless piece of information, why not share the rest as to why?

I will never have stainless braided lines on any of my cars.

It seems to me that you are the type of person to blame for politics never working like they are supposed to. You spend your time spewing shit out of your mouth with absolutely no credentials or evidence to have reason to do so, while other faint and succeptable minds absorb your crap with the assumption that it has some basis behind it - and the idiot cycle continues.. Thanks for wasting our time by making it necessary to clear the air of mis-information.

Ps: You are talking to a guy (and perhaps many others) with a LOT of brake experience.

sr20s14zenki
09-04-2009, 12:49 PM
What are the benefits of braided/stainless steel brake lines?

Higher pressure rating, typically 3000psi operating - 12000psi burst. i.e. this may be very important at solving the problem of the stock rubber brake line failures.

Stainless-steel armor-like outer braid.Teflon®-lined fluid transport inner tube, resistant to brake fluid, and high temperatures. Will not crack like rubber hose lines.

Better "brake feel" because there is significantly less hose expansion compared to rubber hose lines, there is more of a direct correlation to pedal pressure to braking pressure hence better "feel".

that was from http://www.bonacoinc.com/

heres a review from ANOTHER person who im sure knows more than you do.

http://www.articlealley.com/article_829306_31.html

Pollywog
09-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
What are the benefits of braided/stainless steel brake lines?

1.Higher pressure rating, typically 3000psi operating - 12000psi burst. i.e. this may be very important at solving the problem of the stock rubber brake line failures.
2.Stainless-steel armor-like outer braid.Teflon�-lined fluid transport inner tube, resistant to brake fluid, and high temperatures. Will not crack like rubber hose lines.
3.Better "brake feel" because there is significantly less hose expansion compared to rubber hose lines, there is more of a direct correlation to pedal pressure to braking pressure hence better "feel".

that was from http://www.bonacoinc.com/
heres a review from ANOTHER person who im sure knows more than you do.
http://www.articlealley.com/article_829306_31.html

:werd:

And funny enough, when I tried to google BAD things about braided lines, it came up with nothing.

sr20s14zenki
09-04-2009, 12:59 PM

:werd:

And funny enough, when I tried to google BAD things about braided lines, it came up with nothing.

Same here, HUH, kinda funny.

FraserB
09-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Doesn't really apply to you guys but when we lift Jeeps we usually upgrade to SS brake lines for the added strength. If a rock or something squeezes a brake line I'd rather not have it burst from a sharp edge. Also, if I max out the down travel on one side I'm not going to do the same thing via over-extension.

GQNammer
09-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Sooooooooooooo

How bout that skyline

cjay^
09-04-2009, 04:06 PM
FS: Skyline GTS-T

Year: 1990
Odometer Reading: 49xxx (original km's)
Color: Black

Few minor dings from shipping, mint one owner car from japan.

TorqueDog
09-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Oh much ado about stainless brake-lines. Why didn't Zero102 just say it instead of making two Google-challenged posters try to figure it out themselves?

Your standard issue SS brake-lines can be prone to rapid wear and failure on road cars. Generally, this is due to the fact that a stainless steel brake line is essentially a teflon tube, covered in a stainless sheath. For a normal daily driver, road debris can get between the steel and the teflon tube and the moving of the dirt with the steel braid errodes the tube, which will eventually cause a hole - and complete, catastrophic loss of brake fluid pressure.

As a result of this, the majority of stainless lines are not D.O.T. approved for road use.

That said, there are some lines available that have the teflon tube wrapped in the stainless steel braid, which is then covered in a vinyl covering (think shrink wrap) to protect the line from road debris. These lines are D.O.T. approved and will not have the failures associated with your run-of-the-mill SS brake lines. ...Uuuuunfortunately, these lines can cost twice as much (or more) than typical SS brake lines, due to the added materials, manufacturing, and the cost of having to gaining D.O.T. approval.

BlackArcher101
09-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Well ya... don't just buy steel lines off ebay. I think that makes sense for a lot of products people put on cars.

Pollywog
09-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
Oh much ado about stainless brake-lines. Why didn't Zero102 just say it instead of making two Google-challenged posters try to figure it out themselves?

Your standard issue SS brake-lines can be prone to rapid wear and failure on road cars. Generally, this is due to the fact that a stainless steel brake line is essentially a teflon tube, covered in a stainless sheath. For a normal daily driver, road debris can get between the steel and the teflon tube and the moving of the dirt with the steel braid errodes the tube, which will eventually cause a hole - and complete, catastrophic loss of brake fluid pressure.

As a result of this, the majority of stainless lines are not D.O.T. approved for road use.

That said, there are some lines available that have the teflon tube wrapped in the stainless steel braid, which is then covered in a vinyl covering (think shrink wrap) to protect the line from road debris. These lines are D.O.T. approved and will not have the failures associated with your run-of-the-mill SS brake lines. ...Uuuuunfortunately, these lines can cost twice as much (or more) than typical SS brake lines, due to the added materials, manufacturing, and the cost of having to gaining D.O.T. approval.

lol, i'm not referring to china lines, or ebay brake bargains - I'm talking about quality brake components. While I totally understand what you have just said, that is just as common for reinforced brake lines from the past that had coil wrapping around the existing line - dirt and moisture get in and the rust pours out.

TorqueDog
09-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Those aren't just 'eBay specials' - brake lines specifically for off-road use don't have to be D.O.T. approved and as such don't often utilize that protective covering.

Pollywog
09-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
Those aren't just 'eBay specials' - brake lines specifically for off-road use don't have to be D.O.T. approved and as such don't often utilize that protective covering. Once again, I am referring to approved parts - spare the keyboard strokes.

Maxt
09-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Torquedog is right, it happened to ChrisNg when we went to Cardston to testdrive a VW that was posted on Beyond for sale. The owner and I watch Chris make some weird driving decisions around the parking lot. Turns out on his first push of the pedal, the car had no brakes,rear brake stainless line under the car rubbed through from gravel exposure..

Pollywog
09-04-2009, 06:48 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/mutant_facepalm.jpg

narou
09-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Ouch poor Skyline.. Fuck the driver! We give these cars such a bad rep.:nut: :cry:

TorqueDog
09-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Once again, I am referring to approved parts - spare the keyboard strokes.
If you can give provide even ONE factual point that backs up your previous theory that factory rubber lines are superior to aftermarket braided steel lines, i'd love to hear it. Spare me the back-peddling. :facepalm: You didn't specify - you wanted to hear a factual point that backs up his theory that a factory rubber line is superior to an aftermarket braided steel line, I gave you one - now shut up already.

wardpr68
09-05-2009, 12:11 PM
HILARIOUS! I saw this dumb idiot driving around like a moron very shortly before this happened and i said to my passenger "Can't wait to see the idiot crash"

MY WISH WAS GRANTED! :D

Way to drive like a douche.

rockanrepublic
09-06-2009, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by wardpr68
HILARIOUS! I saw this dumb idiot driving around like a moron very shortly before this happened and i said to my passenger "Can't wait to see the idiot crash"

MY WISH WAS GRANTED! :D

Way to drive like a douche.

pics or it didint happen.

+1 to the ban jdm debate:banghead:

sr20s14zenki
09-06-2009, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by rockanrepublic

pics or it didint happen.

+1 to the ban jdm debate:banghead:

yah, because a guy in a 5.0 mustang or even a high powered bmw couldnt have done the same thing right?

rockanrepublic
09-06-2009, 12:25 AM

yah, because a guy in a 5.0 mustang or even a high powered bmw couldnt have done the same thing right?

dont get me wrong i love jdm and RHD cars im just saying i can see this getting looked at like he crashed because its a jdm car.

Lucky97
09-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by rockanrepublic

dont get me wrong i love jdm and RHD cars im just saying i can see this getting looked at like he crashed cause its jdm.

wat?

sr20s14zenki
09-06-2009, 12:33 AM
^^^ true. I agree. While jdm cars are cheap and therefore allow retarded/less experienced drivers to obtain fast cars, there are plenty of fast cars in the us market as well. As slow as iroc-z are for example people manage to crash them quite proficiently. It's ignorant to blame a car, rhd or lhd. It's ALWAYS the driver.

rockanrepublic
09-06-2009, 12:49 AM
^^^ true. I agree. While jdm cars are cheap and therefore allow retarded/less experienced drivers to obtain fast cars, there are plenty of fast cars in the us market as well. As slow as iroc-z are for example people manage to crash them quite proficiently. It's ignorant to blame a car, rhd or lhd. It's ALWAYS the driver.
exactly but people will target this event like oh look at what jdm cars do on canadian streets, when it is infact the drivers fault or else it can happen to any car.

J NRG
09-06-2009, 12:10 PM

Pollywog
09-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Anyways, i dont get the 'Ban JDM' debate. I personally would not buy a right hand drive vehicle but from what ive read, heard and seen most of these JDM cars are in better shape than what ever else is on the road.

Im sure someone will attempt to correct me on this.

You and I agree on this.

Redlyne_mr2
09-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Some of you guys are still young so you don't remember the days before the JDM RHD's. Back in the day we were still crashing into bus stops, banks, cars, houses etc etc etc. except the cars we were crashing were preludes, civics, delsols, camaros, mustangs. The car is only a small factor in these accidents, it's the person behind the wheel causing these crashes and it just so happens that you see lots of RHD's get crashed because they're "cool" cars that young inexperienced drivers can afford.

Tik-Tok
09-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Back in the day we were still crashing into bus stops, banks, cars, houses etc etc etc. except the cars we were crashing were preludes, civics, delsols, camaros, mustangs. .

Actually they were mostly 300zx's, and MR2's, that's why you rarely see a LHD one anymore :rofl:

SRT10Killer
09-07-2009, 09:34 AM

That