PDA

View Full Version : BMW vs Mercedes-Benz

Pages : [1] 2

Tetsugen
09-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Trying to settle an argument between a friend. Which one of these is a better panty dropper and why ?

epp01
09-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Merc. Hands down. BMW's are sexy, but I can't stand the DOUCHE bag people who drive them. :)

Also depends on which Bimmer, and which Merc.

benz_890
09-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Bmw is more of a sporty car and Mercedes is more of a luxury

signature7
09-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Depends who's panties? I've know a lot of girls in Calgary who sweat BMW more than any other cars, generally they are the ones that know nothing about cars except for their looks and maybe general price tag.

They're the same ones that don't have licence into their 20s.

Isaiah
09-03-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm afraid Audi drops considerably more panties than the other two manufacturers. :closed:

JEFFRIX
09-03-2009, 10:06 PM
J.D. fuckin M. :closed:

Phenix
09-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by epp01
Merc. Hands down. BMW's are sexy, but I can't stand the DOUCHE bag people who drive them. :)

Also depends on which Bimmer, and which Merc.

Completely agree, i know of a ton of scum bag douches that drive 1 series. ut its ok, they now will get whats coming to them. lol

signature7
09-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Phenix

Completely agree, i know of a ton of scum bag douches that drive 1 series. ut its ok, they now will get whats coming to them. lol

Are you referring to someone who parked in someones spot? lmao.

Phenix
09-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by signature7

Are you referring to someone who parked in someones spot? lmao.

I wish. lol. that's funny though

adamc
09-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Audi owners wear their wive's panties.

Wrinkly
09-04-2009, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah
I'm afraid Audi drops considerably more panties than the other two manufacturers. :closed:

:werd: Audi of course, being minus the porcupinery :D

Boosted Gtir
09-04-2009, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by adamc

I agree but audi drivers have much hotter wives than BMW and merc combined ;)

funkedelic2
09-04-2009, 01:34 AM
It really does depend on which model. Merc has more higher end cars than BMW does. I love both but I am a huge BMW fanatic so I have to go with the bimmers. Audi's are great too.

scat19
09-04-2009, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by funkedelic2
It really does depend on which model. Merc has more higher end cars than BMW does. I love both but I am a huge BMW fanatic so I have to go with the bimmers. Audi's are great too.

:werd:

BMW FTW!

Non-enthusiast answer: Mercedes are for old people.

cocoabrova
09-04-2009, 07:54 AM
I can get girl's panties dropped riding the transit.... but also with the 2 BMWs I drive...... but then also with the 2 500SL's I had.

If I had to choose a brand, I'd say BMW though :thumbsup:

rage2
09-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Mercedes hands down. My BMW only seems to attract dudes.:thumbsdow :barf:

scat19
09-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Common rage. When do you see a 25 thousand dollar turbo system on a M car in.... Calgary.... It only took them 7 years to figure out how to do it, and they didn't even get the kit ready during E46M production! :bullshit:

phrozen
09-04-2009, 08:14 AM

Hahaha!:rofl: that was a good morning laugh. Like stated above though depends on the model.

japan_us
09-04-2009, 08:16 AM
The younger the lady (under 35?); probably BMW. The older they get, the more likely they are to pick MB. Assuming we're going strictly on brand power. In which case, both > Audi IMO.

*The OP's question is obviously silly, but it's still entertaining to see the responses.

Sugarphreak
09-04-2009, 08:27 AM

JAYMEZ
09-04-2009, 08:47 AM

Ive owned a BMW/Merc/Porsche/Audi.. By far my audi gets more panties down.. And ive got 100000x more compliments and "OooO you have an audi"

But i do have a white S4 , so its pretty sick. :thumbsup:

M3 - Attracts dudes who wants to race
Merc- Good looking chick car LOL
Porsche - Attracts other porsche drivers and the cougs.
Audi - Girls love em.

Xtrema
09-04-2009, 09:05 AM
http://home.freeuk.com/jrknight/smileys/postpics.gif

max_boost
09-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Depends on the model :D

beyond_ban
09-04-2009, 09:11 AM

Originally posted by Wrinkly

:werd: Audi of course, being minus the porcupinery :D

Originally posted by scat19

BMW FTW!

CUE THE FAN BOYS.

benyl
09-04-2009, 09:15 AM
I think a C63 or SLK55 is going to attract dudes. E63 will attract cougars. Hot bitches might go for the SLR.

The_Rural_Juror
09-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
http://home.freeuk.com/jrknight/smileys/postpics.gif

:werd: Show me the prooove!

max_boost
09-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by benyl
I think a C63 or SLK55 is going to attract dudes. E63 will attract cougars. Hot bitches might go for the SLR.

Maybe you should have went for the E63 instead. :D

My wife drives the SLK 95% of the time now lol

Pahnda
09-04-2009, 09:19 AM
I would have to say Audi, based on experience since owning mine ;)

The dealer even said it's got the pussy magnet bolted under the hood. Very Niiice!

adamc
09-04-2009, 09:27 AM

Could be the driver?

nobanplz :rofl:

JAYMEZ
09-04-2009, 09:38 AM

Could be the driver?

:rofl:

scat19
09-04-2009, 09:43 AM
The question is what do the girls do when you break up? I know most of you remember the M3 and paint, how about this new one

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/9152/e46paint.jpg

Wrinkly
09-04-2009, 09:45 AM

Could be the driver?

LOL quite!

Doesn't matter what you drive when you look like
<<<<that :D

HillBilly
09-04-2009, 12:33 PM
How about we just agree that both benz and bmw are great machines and we should consider ourselves lucky to have such a wonderfull choice.

I have owned several of both, and they are both an awesome vehicle.

BTW Who the fuck said JDM?? really... Some fucking datsun from the 90's? Really mentioning that in this thread? I know beyond is 90% ricers but come on...

see sig for further discussion.

JordanLotoski
09-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Iam Douche BMW driver.....though i think when my e92 lease is up we are going to get a benz. both are great.

Graham_A_M
09-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ

Ive owned a BMW/Merc/Porsche/Audi.. By far my audi gets more panties down.. And ive got 100000x more compliments and &quot;OooO you have an audi&quot;

But i do have a white S4 , so its pretty sick. :thumbsup:

M3 - Attracts dudes who wants to race
Merc- Good looking chick car LOL
Porsche - Attracts other porsche drivers and the cougs.
Audi - Girls love em.

interesting. Mine attracts a fair share of stares from both:dunno:
Then again so did my bosses brand new Range Rover HSE, or his SL500

I was seriously looking at an Audi, but it drives me nuts they design the cars so that only their dealers can do any (remotely) major work on them. I work on all my cars generally so that wouldn't fly with me.
Otherwise I'd probably be sporting a new Audi today.

shakalaka
09-05-2009, 08:58 PM
I would say BMW but maybe I am biased. Oh and I am the exception to that BMW 'douchebag' driver.:angel:

FlySi
09-05-2009, 09:23 PM
The day BMW can make a car as nice as the SL class or CLS, I MIGHT say that it will drop a dudes panties, but a girls, Benz any day....and if you need a car to drop a girls panties.. ...well...

shakalaka
09-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Actually when you think about the kind of girls that would drop their panties after seeing your car would most likely do it regardless of the car as long as its costs big money. So expensive bimmers, mercs, audi's, bentley's etc would all do amazingly well in getting some panties dropped. Basically the more money a car costs more panties it'll drop imo. Offourse not all girls are same, these are just the one's that would care about what you drive in the first place or how much your car costs over the kind of a person you are...so in short...gold diggers.

Jlude
09-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Oh and I am the exception to that BMW 'douchebag' driver.:angel:

Well of course you are! hahaha

Disoblige
09-05-2009, 10:14 PM

BMW FTW!

So scat, what you're really saying is that you aspire to own a Mercedes when you're older. :thumbsup:

Isaiah
09-05-2009, 10:16 PM
We don't wear them we collect them; and they're not our wive's they're the BMW drivers wives'.

preludez
09-05-2009, 10:18 PM
my brother wants to buy bmw X5 but i told him NO because there's so much problem about that car..

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/bmw/bmw-x5-lounge/

black13
09-05-2009, 10:39 PM
I'd say Mercedes.
BMW has become wayyy too common in this city, you can't go around the block without seeing one.

atgilchrist
09-06-2009, 07:05 AM

We don't wear them we collect them; and they're not our wive's they're the BMW drivers wives'.

:rofl: A little forced, but I'll give you credit for it!

AndyL
09-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Seriously? You're trying to compare? Not even the same league...

http://www.dragtimes.com/images/19010-2009-Mercedes-Benz-SL63-AMG.jpg

vs

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-abc/BMW-M-Roadster-Blue-SA-1024x768.jpg

One's driven by a driving enthusiast... Ones driven by a douche - any questions?

Jlude
09-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by AndyL

http://www.dragtimes.com/images/19010-2009-Mercedes-Benz-SL63-AMG.jpg

vs

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-abc/BMW-M-Roadster-Blue-SA-1024x768.jpg

One's driven by a driving enthusiast... Ones driven by a douche - any questions?

That's a great comparison! :facepalm:

SR240SX
09-06-2009, 11:24 AM
^^^ no shit...

How about we do this now...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/148/350046392_7988d06825.jpg
VS

http://www.carxox.com/pics/004/0098_s.jpg

KrisYYC
09-06-2009, 11:25 AM
I like both for different reasons.

One thing I will say though:

German > Japanese

Can we all agree on that at least? :D

homelessman
09-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by SR240SX
^^^ no shit...

How about we do this now...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/148/350046392_7988d06825.jpg?v=0
VS

http://www.carxox.com/pics/004/0098_s.jpg

You are hilarious.

Graham_A_M
09-06-2009, 02:48 PM
I wonder how well Vettes in general fare. Probably not at all unless its a ZR1. Then Im sure you'd have all the guys' attention.
I haven't met too many girls that are interested in vettes at all.

AndyL
09-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Hey that was a simple google images roadster to roadster comparison :) I can't help it if google can't find another BMW roadster :angel: OK so there's the 5 and 3 series - which still don't even come close...

Course if you want to compare the sub compacts - bmw doesn't offer one of those either... Unless you count the mini ; which I suppose yeah the Mini wins hands down over the 200 - but not if you're going against that isetta concept car...

BMW needs more cars - crap they don't have much of a range...

austic
09-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Well i will start off by saying i own one of each...

I think they both are great... Bmw for fun.. MB for comfort...
Its funny how common bimmers are in calgary though, i think where i live its practically a requirement to have one on your driveway.

BrianLaarvs
09-06-2009, 04:06 PM
You buy Mercedes to go to the grocery store. You buy BMW to drive!!

This is what a BMW salesman told us when we were looking for a new car and mentioned Mercedes. I agree!!

Neil4Speed
09-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by BrianLaarvs
You buy Mercedes to go to the grocery store. You buy BMW to drive!!

This is what a BMW salesman told us when we were looking for a new car and mentioned Mercedes. I agree!!

I am sure that the BMW Salesperson would be completely unbiased.

:facepalm:

adamc
09-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Well I was at the Merc dealership yesterday, test driving some c & e class, and the MERCEDES salesperson said exactly the same thing.

FiveFreshFish
09-06-2009, 07:39 PM

Not even in the same decade. :rolleyes:

Brokenstunter
09-07-2009, 12:46 AM

Who cares, MB owners arent stupid enough to get married and dont need to because of the ass that the car gets!

As for all those that say Bimmer is for a "driving enthusiast" bring your M whatever over and lets see what happens

As for Audi's arent they a re-faced a VW?

There, did I miss anyone with that rant
I may be biased on this though lol

adamc
09-07-2009, 01:45 AM
CL and M5/M6 are pretty evenly matched.

TorqueDog
09-07-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Brokenstunter
As for all those that say Bimmer is for a &quot;driving enthusiast&quot; bring your M whatever over and lets see what happensLOL. You're saying this driving a CL? :rofl: I would hope it's at least an AMG.

JAYMEZ
09-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Wow , I think some of you are taking this to heart... Seriously , it doesn't matter what car you drive..

Its the driver.. and the women you know ...

TorqueDog
09-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Wow , I think some of you are taking this to heart... Seriously , it doesn't matter what car you drive..

Its the driver.. and the women you know ... If it does, you're either chasing the wrong women, or you need a personality transplant. :werd:

rage2
09-07-2009, 10:16 AM
As for all those that say Bimmer is for a &quot;driving enthusiast&quot; bring your M whatever over and lets see what happens
Sure. Where?

I've owned a variety of BMW's and Merc's, and honestly, BMW's are slightly better handling cars, and Benz's have more balls in a straight line (M vs AMG comparisons of course). On the street tho, you would never be able to take advantage of the better handling unless you're cornering at race speeds. I'd take straight line speed anyday for a daily driver.

Of course, there is an exception... the C63 has it all. Power, handling, comfort.

The_Rural_Juror
09-07-2009, 10:36 AM

Its the driver.. and the women you know ...

Speaking of women. Who is the girl on the right in your avatar?

benyl
09-07-2009, 11:15 AM

the C63 has it all. Power, handling, comfort.

Starting to sound like a fanboy! haha

5eOLq07VwSE

dirtsniffer
09-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Personally i think AMG's cars are gaudy. even audi is starting to catch up in the "how many vents can we put on this" race. its like these guys are looking to the s7 for inspiration.. M cars look pretty understated and it takes an enthusiast to notice the subtle styling tweaks..

Xtrema
09-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
Personally i think AMG's cars are gaudy. even audi is starting to catch up in the &quot;how many vents can we put on this&quot; race. its like these guys are looking to the s7 for inspiration.. M cars look pretty understated and it takes an enthusiast to notice the subtle styling tweaks..

http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/2010_bmw_x6_m_x5_m.jpg

rage2
09-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
M cars look pretty understated and it takes an enthusiast to notice the subtle styling tweaks..
I guess that explains why my M car attracts the dudes.

Jlude
09-07-2009, 08:09 PM

I guess that explains why my M car attracts the dudes.

You love it..

Brokenstunter
09-08-2009, 12:43 AM
CL and M5/M6 are pretty evenly matched.

They sure are stock, and the M's are great cars but the Bimmer's dont hav the luxury to go with it.
The fact that a cl weighs what it does and still performs the way it does is amazing
What is it like 1000lb difference?
You cant get a ride like a heavy chasis car, so smooth and quiet
Even while driffting lol

Lubu
09-08-2009, 04:42 AM
BMWs in my opinion lost most of it's prestige since the early 2000. They are a dime a dozen. They are the new honda's of this generation. I can't drive anywhere in downtown without seeing one every 2 minutes. :barf:

Mercedes still is a very prestigious brand as long as you stay away from the entry level C and E class which is a disgrace to it's heritage.

If you are looking to stand out and get attention driving a car, try to get something unique. Once you have selected a car you think of buying, go down to the registry and get a print out of the model and how many is currently registered in the city. If there are 50 or less, that's a good starting point for mid level cars. For higher end autos, 10-20 is the max limit. Otherwise, why pay for a prestige automobile when it's so common?

TorqueDog
09-08-2009, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Lubu
BMWs in my opinion lost most of it's prestige since the early 2000. They are a dime a dozen. They are the new honda's of this generation. I can't drive anywhere in downtown without seeing one every 2 minutes. :barf:

Mercedes still is a very prestigious brand as long as you stay away from the entry level C and E class which is a disgrace to it's heritage.LOL, I see more Audis, Mercedes, and BMWs than I see anything else on the road. Prestigious my ass. :rofl: You wanna talk about prestige, tell me how many LS1 Trans Am WS6s you see cruisin' around. :poosie:

[/facetious]

atgilchrist
09-08-2009, 08:27 AM

If you are looking to stand out and get attention driving a car, try to get something unique. Once you have selected a car you think of buying, go down to the registry and get a print out of the model and how many is currently registered in the city. If there are 50 or less, that's a good starting point for mid level cars. For higher end autos, 10-20 is the max limit. Otherwise, why pay for a prestige automobile when it's so common?

If there's only 50 or less examples of one mid-level model in the city, more likely than not it means that the car is not competitive in comparison to its rivals. The reason A4's, 3-series and C-Class cars sell so well is that they are all relatively great cars in their class. Jaguar X-type, not so much.

AndyL
09-08-2009, 11:59 AM
So... Advocating what owning - Enzo's then? Cuz at <50 - there's not too many models - other than sh_t cars - that'll fit the bill... I'd be willing to bet you'd even be hard pressed to find exotics with less than 50 registered in calgary...

Brokenstunter
09-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
LOL, I see more Audis, Mercedes, and BMWs than I see anything else on the road. Prestigious my ass. :rofl: You wanna talk about prestige, tell me how many LS1 Trans Am WS6s you see cruisin' around. :poosie:

Ya but there'sno prestige in something with a generic plastic interior of a GM product.
The interior and refinment of the vehicle over all is basically a Cavalier
If you want to talk about rare tell me how many Cl's you see around, let alone an AMG version with designo interior and paint.
In 06 there were 52 CL65's made, the 01 CL63 had 22!
I cant find a link but my dealer says there were roughly 4400 units made for the CL body style 01-05. He is looking into it for me to give me exact numbers. And thats the entire range not just a special edition. For instance if you want to talk special editions my car is a 1 of 1 made in its year, kinda rare Iwould say no?
But regardless there is alot less of them then there is Firechikens with stripes and ram air.

Here's the WS6 production numbers, lots made
http://www.marshu.com/ws6-car-gm-firebird-models-formula-trans-am-production-numbers-1993-1994-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000-2001.php

[/facetious]

scat19
09-08-2009, 12:27 PM
My car is imola red. Imola red is reserved for "M" cars.

My car is rare. I are the win.

homelessman
09-08-2009, 12:28 PM
My car is imola red. Imola red is reserved for &quot;M&quot; cars.

My car is rare. I are the win.

No... you aren't.

adamc
09-08-2009, 01:32 PM
You can never win, you tinted a windshield once.

max_boost
09-08-2009, 01:39 PM

HAHA

:D

Impreza
09-08-2009, 02:05 PM

There is a reason the CL is rare, it doesn't sell that well because, simply put, it just isn't that popular(demand isn't there) for various reasons. Don't get me wrong, it is a phenomenal car and I personally really like it, but you really have to LOVE the car to drop that type of money on it. Many people love the CL, but their target demographic is a little older and some of those interested buyers end up with something like an S-class just cause they want 4 doors, etc. Others like the CL, but then look at the price and realize there are many other options for a 2door coupe at that price point.

TorqueDog
09-08-2009, 07:33 PM
:facepalm: FFS, brokenstunter.

See end of post.
facetious - not serious; "I was being facetious"

Isaiah
09-08-2009, 09:05 PM

msouther
09-08-2009, 10:15 PM
I would have to go with Mercedes as well. Too many people have beamers, especially the younger folks. You don't see too many young folks driving a Benz which is why I picked one.

I wish I would've looked at the C63 AMG at the time because it has everything my current car has and alot more (especially the 460+ HP) which is more than double what I got. The M class beamers are sweet, but I think I will stick with the Mercedes and the CLS63 AMG will be my next car when I can afford it.

Brokenstunter
09-08-2009, 10:47 PM
:facepalm: FFS, brokenstunter.

See end of post.
facetious - not serious; &quot;I was being facetious&quot;

hahaha, blinded by rage I geuss lol
I get tired of defending a car that most know nothing about
it doesnt matter what you drive as long as you luv it

Lubu
09-08-2009, 10:56 PM
So... Advocating what owning - Enzo's then? Cuz at &lt;50 - there's not too many models - other than sh_t cars - that'll fit the bill... I'd be willing to bet you'd even be hard pressed to find exotics with less than 50 registered in calgary...

Not to start an argument here but there are plenty of exotics that have less than 50 of a model registered in Calgary besides the Enzo. We had an M1 a couple years back and at the time, there was only 2 registered in all of Alberta. You just have to do your homework when it comes to buying truly unique cars. The motor registry clerk is your friend when it comes to buying uniques ;)

Brokenstunter
09-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Impreza

There is a reason the CL is rare, it doesn't sell that well because, simply put, it just isn't that popular(demand isn't there) for various reasons. Don't get me wrong, it is a phenomenal car and I personally really like it, but you really have to LOVE the car to drop that type of money on it. Many people love the CL, but their target demographic is a little older and some of those interested buyers end up with something like an S-class just cause they want 4 doors, etc. Others like the CL, but then look at the price and realize there are many other options for a 2door coupe at that price point.

Agreed, but to be able to go that fast with such immense luxury and sophistication is worth every penny!
What got me was the swooping arch lines and the hard top roof, every thing else was a bonus
An, back to the whole panty dropping issue.... it excels there too
Damn tire bitter's, but you gotta luv em if you want in and out with no strings attached

Brokenstunter
09-08-2009, 11:08 PM

Not to start an argument here but there are plenty of exotics that have less than 50 of a model registered in Calgary besides the Enzo. We had an M1 a couple years back and at the time, there was only 2 registered in all of Alberta. You just have to do your homework when it comes to buying truly unique cars. The motor registry clerk is your friend when it comes to buying uniques ;)

True, but I dont think an exotic should be included.
They have naturally far fewer production numbers then non exotics
Like a Paggani Zonda, what do they make like 12 of those a year
Im not saying a car is rare because of a special edition, Im goin off the body/chassis style
I just mentioned the production numbers of AMG's for refrence
For instance what is the unit production of the BMW 3 series in any given year? M or not?

TorqueDog
09-09-2009, 09:49 AM
hahaha, blinded by rage I geuss lol
I get tired of defending a car that most know nothing about
it doesnt matter what you drive as long as you luv it There were only ~9,900 of my car made for all of North America, but I'm not randomly trying to school all the people on here who "don't get it", or think it's the most common car on the planet.

Don't waste your time, dude.

benyl
09-09-2009, 09:53 AM
There were only ~9,900 of my car made for all of North America, but I'm not randomly trying to school all the people on here who &quot;don't get it&quot;, or think it's the most common car on the planet.

I saw 3 M5 (your generation) on the way to work this morning. One had a big For Sale sticker on the back window.

I however didn't see an CL-class cars on the road. I guess no one wants to drive a heavy grand-pa car to work.

The only car worth the CL moniker is the CL65 AMG. Anything else is just posing.

blownz
09-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by msouther
I would have to go with Mercedes as well. Too many people have beamers, especially the younger folks. You don't see too many young folks driving a Benz which is why I picked one.

Not too many young guys drive Buicks either.... you should buy one of those next! :poosie: :D

Seriously though, both companies (BMW and MB, not Buick) make lots of nice cars and some not so nice ones. MB typically puts more of a focus on luxury and comfort though while BMW puts more of an emphasis one handling. That is why you will typically find more young guys driving BMW's.

One of the owners of the company I work for buys a new S Class every year. He tells everyone it isn't his first choice in a car, but at over 70 it is one of the most comfortable cars on the road and that is what he needs. When I was looking at buying my 3 series I also looked at the C class and he said "why? your hair isn't grey yet..." lol

In the end though, lack of manual transmissions is my biggest pet peeve with MB, but they still have tons of models I would love to own.

TorqueDog
09-09-2009, 10:03 AM
I saw 3 M5 (your generation) on the way to work this morning. One had a big For Sale sticker on the back window.

I however didn't see an CL-class cars on the road. I guess no one wants to drive a heavy grand-pa car to work.

The only car worth the CL moniker is the CL65 AMG. Anything else is just posing. For sale, eh... time to add a second to the stable, methinks? :burnout:

benyl
09-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by blownz

In the end though, lack of manual transmissions is my biggest pet peeve with MB, but they still have tons of models I would love to own.

You can get a manual in the C300.

Sugarphreak
09-09-2009, 10:10 AM

TorqueDog
09-09-2009, 10:15 AM
You can get a manual in the C300. Can you get one in the C63, or are you confined to the automatic?

max_boost
09-09-2009, 10:19 AM
7 speed auto for the C63 and it's an awesome transmission. Nothing better than just holding on to the steering wheel and put the pedal to the metal. :D :burnout:

Redlyne_mr2
09-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Ya MB Manual transmissions have always been terrible.

scat19
09-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by homelessman

No... you aren't.

I was mimicking Broken Stunters post....

Sigh.

bubbley
09-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Which is better AMG or M series....:love:

blownz
09-09-2009, 11:30 AM

You can get a manual in the C300.

Yah, one model! lol

They still have a lack of manual transmissions imo.

And when I was looking for my 3 series, I wanted to test drive a C300 with the manual transmission and both dealers in Edmonton said they don't stock them and will only order one in with a non-refundable deposit because nobody wants a manual in a MB. But then I was assured I would love the car and definitely buy it so not to worry about the deposit. lol

Brokenstunter
09-09-2009, 12:29 PM
There were only ~9,900 of my car made for all of North America, but I'm not randomly trying to school all the people on here who &quot;don't get it&quot;, or think it's the most common car on the planet.

So thats twice the amount of mine, what point are you tryin to make?
How many years was your body style made?
Dont get me wrong, Bimmer makes a great car just different strokes for different folks.
And dont let ur guard down on a "Grandpa" car is all I have to say, cause my buddies M6 gets beat religiously by my CL
Im not sure if the M5 is faster or not but I know the M6 gets walked on, but it is all stock and mines not so....

Brokenstunter
09-09-2009, 12:37 PM

The only car worth the CL moniker is the CL65 AMG. Anything else is just posing.

The CL55 is scarcely slower then the CL65 and is better handling
There is also more aftermarket support for the CL55
But man do I wish I had a CL65!