PDA

View Full Version : How much?!

1990mazdarx7
11-09-2003, 10:20 PM
Hey guys, thanks in advance for your much needed advice....I have a 90 RX7 that needs a new engine. The car only has about 72000 miles on it. The body is in fair to average condition. It could be used for either parts or a fixer upper. I am looking to sell it...how much should i ask? I was thinking about like $750. Too much? Too little? or just right?

BTW--the engine problem is from low compression in one of the chambers??

Thanks again

Spenser
11-10-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by 1990mazdarx7

BTW--the engine problem is from low compression in one of the chambers??

Who told you that? rx-7 don't have chambers.

PsI
11-10-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Spenser

Who told you that? rx-7 don't have chambers.

:werd: :werd:

Maxt
11-10-2003, 08:31 PM
Sure they do, the chambers just rotate thats all..
Is it automatic? what colour is it? and who told you the motor is bad? Maxt

1990mazdarx7
11-10-2003, 10:40 PM
A mechanic did. It's red and it's a 5 speed.

Primer_Drift
11-10-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by 1990mazdarx7
A mechanic did. It's red and it's a 5 speed.

Hope he is a good mechanic (experienced with rotary). Getting an accurate compression reading without the mazda compression tool is pretty hard. There are a few tell-tale signs when in comes to compression, hard starting being one. Even with a low compression rotor you will still get decent power
What shape is the body in? Any pics? Got me interested

1990mazdarx7
11-11-2003, 09:27 AM
the body's in decent shape...not great. when my parents bought the car for me they had it looked at and the mechanic said i'd have about a good year out of it. (bc of the low compression) (they took it to the mazda place)

so i drove it for about a year and my now husband (then boyfriend) had it on his lunch one night and when he was driving this horrible buzzer went off. that night it overheated. i think we just assumed that it needed a new engine. so i went out and just bought a new car instead of trying to spend all that money to get it fixed....

the body has the normal wear and tear for a 90 model...it's never been wrecked (to my knowledge). the clear coat is peeling in some places...the seat has a rip in it so there are seat covers over the seats. i'd say it's in fair shape (body) :thumbsup:

Maxt
11-11-2003, 09:40 AM
Does it still run at all?...yeah its got me interested as well, even though I am supposed to be looking for an automatic 7 for the GF.....Can you PM some info to come and see it?....Maxt

1990mazdarx7
11-11-2003, 01:27 PM
where is this forum based out of? i'm in alabama....

it will still run....just not well. it's been so long since i've tried to crank it i'm not sure really what it would do now.... ???

i know it would be fun to fix up! :) i just don't have the time or money...

Maxt
11-11-2003, 01:30 PM
ha shit,.....you are way out of our area..This is out of Alberta , Canada...haha...........maxt

Eric Happy Meal
11-11-2003, 01:49 PM
heres a few sites, the first one is pretty much the same price that everyone charges for rebuilt ones.

http://www.mazdarotaryengines.com/

http://www.mazdarx7engines.com/Pricing.html

this last one carries used engine with 30K miles on them

http://www.nippon-motors.com/