PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist Shitbag, Saad Khalid gets 14 years

CUG
09-03-2009, 11:08 PM
We should have beheaded him on national TV.

A man who pleaded guilty in the so-called Toronto 18 plot aimed at bombing targets in the city's downtown was sentenced Thursday to 14 years in prison, but was credited with seven years for time already served.

Saad Khalid admitted in a Brampton, Ont., court that he was a member of a group that planned to commit a "despicable crime" by detonating bombs outside the Toronto Stock Exchange and the headquarters of CSIS, Canada's spy agency.

Khalid, who was arrested in 2006 while unloading what he believed was at least two tonnes of ammonium nitrate, pleaded guilty in May 2009 to one count of participating in a militant plot with the intention of causing an explosion.

The 23-year-old former university student has already served 39 months in pre-trial custody.

Ontario Superior Court Justice Bruce Durno said he accepted Khalid was not the leader of the group but his degree of responsibility "remains fairly high."

"This was not a spur-of-the-moment offence," Durno said, calling terrorist offences "the most vile form" of criminal activity.

Russell Silverstein, Khalid's defence lawyer, said his client accepts the sentence and has no plans to appeal.

"Is he happy? Yes, he is content with the outcome," Silverstein told CBC News.

He said Khalid will be eligible for parole after serving one-third of his sentence, but added that there is not a long legal history in Canada of people being convicted of terrorism and later seeking parole.

Durno ruled that parole eligibility would be up to the National Parole Board since Khalid is a first-time offender.
'I am not a lunatic'

In his appeal for clemency last week, Khalid said his participation in the plot arose from his disagreement with Canada's foreign policy and military mission in Afghanistan.

"I am not a lunatic who is hell-bent on destruction of Western civilization," he told the court.

The Crown had called for an 18- to 20-year sentence, but the defence suggested that time already served in jail and a two-year prison term would be appropriate.

Originally, 17 men and youths were arrested in the Toronto area in June 2006 and detained following an investigation by CSIS. An 18th person was arrested in August of that year.

Khalid is among 17 who were charged with several terrorism-related offences. The charges were later stayed or dropped against some of the accused.

One suspect, a minor at the time of his arrest, was convicted in September 2008 of conspiring to bomb several targets. He was the first person convicted under Canada's terrorism laws.

He was sentenced in May 2009 to 2½ years in prison. The judge then freed him, granting him credit for time already spent in custody.

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/photos/2009/05/06/saad-khalid-cp-RTR1E6HW.jpg

G-Suede
09-03-2009, 11:46 PM
He's just misunderstood. A victim. We should rehabilitate him - with a bullet behind the ear and a pork sausage up his ass.

CUG
09-03-2009, 11:48 PM
No way man, Tupac Khalid here has peaceful intentions and doesn't hate western civilization.. he swore it under oath.

G-Suede
09-03-2009, 11:56 PM
I really enjoy the stereotypical brown guy myspace pose. It reminds me in a way of the fat girl myspace angle, except in this case we just know that lurking beneath the cable knit sweater awesomeness is a 95lb rat that deserves to taste the business end of a right angle cement curb.

turbotrip
09-04-2009, 12:08 AM
its funny how much a person can change in a few years

G-Suede
09-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by turbotrip
its funny how much a person can change in a few years

In what way? Do you know this fella?

97'Scort
09-04-2009, 12:43 AM
What's with this terrorism charge bullshit? Don't they lay the "treason" smackdown anymore?

High treason
(1) Every one commits high treason who, in Canada,
(a) kills or attempts to kill Her Majesty, or does her any bodily harm tending to death or destruction, maims or wounds her, or imprisons or restrains her;
(b) levies war against Canada or does any act preparatory thereto; or
(c) assists an enemy at war with Canada, or any armed forces against whom Canadian Forces are engaged in hostilities, whether or not a state of war exists between Canada and the country whose forces they are.

I'd say terrorism could potentially fall into section (c) there.

TurboD
09-04-2009, 12:57 AM
i would likely agree with some of his views about not enjoying the fact that Canada is at war with Afghanistan.

Although I don't think bombing is the answer,

Using violence I would keep as a universal moral.

this person in a way is taking his ethics from our government, how can you blame him for using a gun (or in this case a bomb) to get what he wants, when thats the fundamental strategy of our government.

if i had afghan roots I bet i would be quite upset that i was forced to fund an undeclared/unjust war against my country of origin.

Canada can dress up citizens in uniforms and send them into a country to blow up buildings and kill innocent people, but when someone in Canada tries to stand up for their country of origin and crimes against it they are called terrorists.

look at what your own military is doing.

G-Suede
09-04-2009, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by TurboD
i would likely agree with some of his views about not enjoying the fact that Canada is at war with Afghanistan.

this person in a way is taking his ethics from our government, how can you blame him for using a gun (or in this case a bomb) to get what he wants, when thats the fundamental strategy of our government.

if i had afghan roots I bet i would be quite upset that i was forced to fund an undeclared/unjust war against my country of origin.

Canada can dress up citizens in uniforms and send them into a country to blow up buildings and kill innocent people, but when someone in Canada tries to stand up for their country of origin and crimes against it they are called terrorists.

Fuck off and die.

vengie
09-04-2009, 04:49 AM

Don't like it then GTFO...
He Made the choice to come to Canada, is a Canadian citizen, no doubt takes advantage of everything Canada has to offer (healthcare, schooling, etc...) And then suddenly has sympathies for the country he left and wanted no part of? and decides to act out his revenge by blowing up whatever he was targeting?

Fuck that. Burn him at the stake.

methodicreign
09-04-2009, 05:50 AM
he wants to fight canada for his country, then let him go back to his country and take one of those AK's out of a ten year olds hands.

GQBalla
09-04-2009, 06:10 AM
he looks like the typical brown guys that i went to high school with that thought they ran shit.

lol gangsters

TurboD
09-04-2009, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by vengie

freedom of speech my friend, telling me to get out because of my opinions is going against what this country was founded on.

I have as much right to be against the war as you have to support it.

I have no problem with the fact that you support the war but for some reason you have a problem with my lack of support for the war.

why don't you enlist in the army or send half your paycheck to donate to the funding of the war if you're so pro war.

beyond_ban
09-04-2009, 07:28 AM

He Made the choice to come to Canada, is a Canadian citizen, no doubt takes advantage of everything Canada has to offer (healthcare, schooling, etc...) And then suddenly has sympathies for the country he left and wanted no part of? and decides to act out his revenge by blowing up whatever he was targeting?

Fuck that. Burn him at the stake.

THIS. Maybe let a every inmate from the US' worst prison rape his ass first... I have no, absolutely no, respect or feeling of sympathy for a shit bag like this.

TurboD
09-04-2009, 07:36 AM
i hope everyone that's pro war loses their job in a suffering economy largely due to funding a war we have no stake in.
and the i hope taxes go up to the point where you become homeless.

then i will see you on the street corner and tell you that if you don't like it, GTFO

i'd like to see you tell a mother that just lost a son in the war that if she doesn't stand behind the war she can GTFO

beyond_ban
09-04-2009, 07:48 AM
i hope everyone that's pro war loses their job in a suffering economy largely due to funding a war we have no stake in.
and the i hope taxes go up to the point where you become homeless.

then i will see you on the street corner and tell you that if you don't like it, GTFO

i'd like to see you tell a mother that just lost a son in the war that if she doesn't stand behind the war she can GTFO

Umm, you do realize that one of the main reasons that the USA was able to get past the dirty thirties was.... wait for it.... WWII, right?

Rat Fink
09-04-2009, 08:27 AM

KRyn
09-04-2009, 08:48 AM
How does 39 months equal 72 months? I never understood why people got two times the credit for serving time before their trial. If anything it should count as nothing and he should have to serve the full 14 year sentence. I will never fully understand our ass backwards policy.

beyond_ban
09-04-2009, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by KRyn
How does 39 months equal 72 months? I never understood why people got two times the credit for serving time before their trial. If anything it should count as nothing and he should have to serve the full 14 year sentence. I will never fully understand our ass backwards policy.

In remand prisoners get a lot less freedom then they do in a normal jail and they are on a 22hr lockdown. Because of the worse conditions, the time is counted as double of that in a real jail. This is why some criminals pay there lawyers to drag out their court cases as long as possible without getting convicted so that they can remain in remand and work twice as much time off of their final sentence then if they were in normal jail. Not only does this slow the entire process down, it costs us, the tax payers, money to let them work their sentence off twice as quickly. Fucking retarded if you ask me.

vengie
09-04-2009, 09:14 AM

freedom of speech my friend, telling me to get out because of my opinions is going against what this country was founded on.

I have no problem with the fact that you support the war but for some reason you have a problem with my lack of support for the war.

why don't you enlist in the army or send half your paycheck to donate to the funding of the war if you're so pro war.

Actually I was very highly considering it, I have friends shipping off to Afghanistan in December. I chose academics, but have not yet ruled out the army. You need a degree to be eligible for Officer's training, Which is the route I would take.

You do not need to support the war, you need to support the men and women who wear the Canadian flag on their shoulders who are serving for OUR country. At the end of the day we are "SUPPOSED" to be a united country. Nutswingers like this fuck and you are the sort of people that prevent that.
If not Pro-War, at least be Pro- Canada...

Pollywog
09-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by CUG

Anyone else see a similarity?
http://mysweetmusings.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/prince-with-hair1.jpghttp://images.forbes.com/images/2002/03/08/movers_prince_200x240.jpg

Looks like Prince.

beyond_ban
09-04-2009, 09:33 AM
^^ HAHA, thats uncanny

Phil_McGraw
09-04-2009, 09:40 AM

Do you even know what the fuck Canada is doing in Afghanistan? Just because they are soldiers doesn't mean they are American.

Beerking
09-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by CUG

Fuck me he has big nostrils. Probably hiding Ofuckin Bin Ladin in that bat cave.

remarx-j
09-04-2009, 11:03 AM
i think what turboD is trying to say is that he agrees with some of the ideas that he guy had and sympathizes with him, but didn't like the way he tried to carry out his beliefs ie bombing buildings

nothing wrong with that

Boat
09-04-2009, 11:23 AM
If you say the Canadian Forces are blowing up buildings and killing innocent people in Afganistan, then how is doing it in Canada any better or justified? Would'nt it be wise to find a means which is more effective than blowing buildings up?

jazzyb
09-04-2009, 11:32 AM
lol gsuede you do NOT know how to convey our point.

Saying "typical brown guy" and shit.

this douche treasonist is a fuck-tard deserves well more then 14yrs.

But calling out a color of skin when it encompasses many different cultures/religions/roots is just plain old ignorant.

jazzyb
09-04-2009, 11:35 AM

You do not need to support the war, you need to support the men and women who wear the Canadian flag on their shoulders who are serving for OUR country. At the end of the day we are "SUPPOSED" to be a united country. Nutswingers like this fuck and you are the sort of people that prevent that.
If not Pro-War, at least be Pro- Canada...

I like this, and this is true, people do not understand this, I do not condone our mission in Afghanistan because its none of our beezwax but I will support our troops no matter where they're sent. And people need to stfu with the fuck the army slogans and shit.

But on the other hand I do sympathise with our mission in Afghanistan because we as Canadians share a responsiblity with other developed nations to build and nurture others to move in our direction.

TurboD
09-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by jazzyb
I like this, and this is true, people do not understand this, I do not condone our mission in Afghanistan because its none of our beezwax but I will support our troops no matter where they're sent. And people need to stfu with the fuck the army slogans and shit.

people with this mentality are exactly the reason we are in this mess right now.

willing to support any war right or wrong just because your country feels like killing a nation?

good morals.

this has nothing to do with united with our country, the country does not decide to go to war.
this is the decision of the government,
the only thing you are united and loyal to is your political leaders.

i know a lot of the soldiers don't agree with this war either.

and i think the majority of the country is against the war, so if you want to be united with your country you are actually on the wrong side.

jazzyb
09-04-2009, 02:00 PM

people with this mentality are exactly the reason we are in this mess right now.

willing to support any war right or wrong just because your country feels like killing a nation?

good morals.

this has nothing to do with united with our country, the country does not decide to go to war.
this is the decision of the government,
the only thing you are united and loyal to is your political leaders.

i know a lot of the soldiers don't agree with this war either.

and i think the majority of the country is against the war, so if you want to be united with your country you are actually on the wrong side.

dood u missed the point

TurboD
09-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by jazzyb
dood u missed the point

can you explain the point another way, i seem to be ignorant as to what point you mean.

CUG
09-06-2009, 01:04 PM

why don't you enlist in the army or send half your paycheck to donate to the funding of the war if you're so pro war. Imagine a world with no liberals, you could be hit and beaten by women in the street without consequence.

Srsly though, be against the war, don't be against the soldiers ordered to fight in it, dick barf.

TurboD
09-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by CUG
Imagine a world with no liberals, you could be hit and beaten by women in the street without consequence.

Srsly though, be against the war, don't be against the soldiers ordered to fight in it, dick barf.

my post might have been misunderstood.
i'm not against the soldiers, i'm against the war

nrt_vw
09-06-2009, 06:56 PM
It is getting pretty ridiculous though how many people move to canada from elsewhere only to bitch and complain about everything canada offers. yet if we were to remotely put down their country they get extremely defensive and freak out and shit.

TurboD
09-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by nrt_vw
It is getting pretty ridiculous though how many people move to canada from elsewhere only to bitch and complain about everything canada offers. yet if we were to remotely put down their country they get extremely defensive and freak out and shit.

who in this thread moved to canada from elsewhere?

CUG
09-07-2009, 12:39 AM

who in this thread moved to canada from elsewhere? You don't think that happens in Canada?

FlySi
09-07-2009, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by CUG
Imagine a world with no liberals, you could be hit and beaten by women in the street without consequence.

O so the soldiers signed up assuming they were going to be doing traffic stops on deerfoot?

CUG
09-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by FlySi

O so the soldiers signed up assuming they were going to be doing traffic stops on deerfoot? Unlikely, so what are you suggesting?

2Valve0
09-07-2009, 11:49 PM
If anybody, and I mean anybody plots to kill numerous CANADIANS on CANADIAN soil, why the fuck are they still living here. Let them rot in jail for the rest of there life, or let them rot there for 7 years and only feed them pork, then send them back to there own country. We are much to lienent with terrorists in this country.