PDA

View Full Version : FF: (Sort of.) 8 Year Old Papillon

kvanderlaag
09-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Let me state first of all that while the thread title says "FF," what it really means is 'free to a good home'. I'll start with the obvious part: this little guy has visual impairments. He's been this way for a while, and he actually gets around really well! He has no touch sensitivity issues, and his temperament is really, really great. He is great with dogs and other animals and is fine with older kids.

He has a neuter certificate and is microchipped. We also have food and toys that will go with him.

We live in a house with cats, and he's been absolutely great with them. His interactions with other dogs have been really good, too. He's not aggressive at all.

Right now, his name is Nixon. (Yes, like the President. He is, however, not a crook!) He's a pretty smart dog, though, so I'm sure you could call him whatever you want. It took him just a couple hours to learn how to sit and come, so I'm guessing he wouldn't be particularly difficult to train to your preferences.

However, prior to us receiving him, he does not seem to have been formally trained (almost at all), so I'm going to say that this is not the dog for first time dog owners. He's cute as a button, but being as he's a senior dog already (and therefore comes with all the caveats of owning an old dog) AND does not have his full range of sight (which is a pretty different game all together) it really is necessary that he goes to a home with people who are interested in him despite his shortcomings, and who are very patient. We have lots of reading materials regarding visually impaired dogs that you are welcome to.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are no longer able to care for him and need to see him go to a home where he's going to get lots of attention and unconditional love. We really do just want what's best for him, so you'll have to pardon me if we screen these things pretty carefully. If you think you'd be a good fit for him, though, please, send me a PM! We'd love to talk to you.

I'll post some photos in a bit, here, but he's black and white with reasonably short hair, these ridiculous enormous ears, and he's a little overweight. (Nothing some good food and a diet can't handle.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papillon_%28dog%29 For anyone who's curious. Bonus points if you're familiar with the breed.

You can call Keegan at (403) 880-0851.