PDA

View Full Version : Al Qaeda Bombs in Iraq Kill 6, injure 85

homelessman
09-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Two of the bombs detonated near anti al-qaeda groups.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/09/03/iraq.bombings/index.html

TurboD
09-05-2009, 01:59 PM
looks like the military has everything under control over there...

especially after 7 years of deployment of the largest military in world history.

homelessman
09-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by TurboD
looks like the military has everything under control over there...

Typical. All you can do is blame the US military and not condemn those attacks. You are a giant turd.

TurboD
09-05-2009, 02:03 PM
not blaming anyone, just stating the obvious fact that the US military is not winning this war.

TurboD
09-05-2009, 02:07 PM
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/

Iraq

There have been 4,659 coalition deaths -- 4,342 Americans, two Australians, one Azerbaijani, 179 Britons, 13 Bulgarians, one Czech, seven Danes, two Dutch, two Estonians, one Fijian, five Georgians, one Hungarian, 33 Italians, one Kazakh, one South Korean, three Latvians, 22 Poles, three Romanians, five Salvadoran, four Slovaks, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and 18 Ukrainians -- in the war in Iraq as of September 3, 2009, according to a CNN count. The list below is the names of the soldiers, Marines, airmen, sailors and Coast Guardsmen whose deaths have been reported by their country's governments. The list also includes 13 U.S. Defense Department civilian employees. At least 31,483 U.S. troops have been wounded in action, according to the Pentagon.

now YOU tell me who is winning this war

homelessman
09-05-2009, 02:14 PM
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/

Iraq

There have been 4,659 coalition deaths -- 4,342 Americans, two Australians, one Azerbaijani, 179 Britons, 13 Bulgarians, one Czech, seven Danes, two Dutch, two Estonians, one Fijian, five Georgians, one Hungarian, 33 Italians, one Kazakh, one South Korean, three Latvians, 22 Poles, three Romanians, five Salvadoran, four Slovaks, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and 18 Ukrainians -- in the war in Iraq as of September 3, 2009, according to a CNN count. The list below is the names of the soldiers, Marines, airmen, sailors and Coast Guardsmen whose deaths have been reported by their country's governments. The list also includes 13 U.S. Defense Department civilian employees. At least 31,483 U.S. troops have been wounded in action, according to the Pentagon.

now YOU tell me who is winning this war

You stupid idiot, I am not trying to convince anyone the US in winning that war. I know they are not.

Again, no condemnation of Al Qaeda's use of violence, just links, and snide remarks about the US army.

Waste of space :facepalm:

TurboD
09-05-2009, 02:21 PM
i don't need to condemn the attacks, that's an obvious given that I didn't think you need confirmation on.

no need to state the obvious.

you admit the US is losing the war, but you still think its worth while to fight a losing war and keep the US death toll rising?

I stand behind the US more than you.
I think the lives of those soldiers is much more valuable than just a body at war.

IMO all those soldiers lives are more valuable than putting into a risky war, and put in dangers way.

a lot of needless deaths, lost lives because of a losing war, a war that has claimed far more lives than what was lost in the initiating event.

I want the troops brought home and put an end to involvement in that war.
its not worth the lives lost by the finest men and women our nation has to offer.

you seem to think that military lives aren't valuable enough to keep from harms way, not valuable enough to stop fighting when its clear you are losing and will continue losing.

My position is anti WAR, pro LIFE

your position is pro WAR, and you accept the consequences

mx73someday
09-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Like I said in the other thread, this kind of stuff happens all the time, it's not newsworthy as far as beyond goes. Also there is nothing controversial about a resistance effort against an illegal occupation, anyone would expect that to happen in such a stupid war.

thetransporter
09-05-2009, 05:02 PM
theres a alqeade in iraq?

bashir26
09-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by thetransporter
theres a alqeade in iraq?

No, but there's Al Qaeda

psycoticclown
09-05-2009, 05:55 PM
I want the troops brought home and put an end to involvement in that war.
its not worth the lives lost by the finest men and women our nation has to offer.

I didn't know we were part of the US of A :confused:

TurboD
09-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown

I didn't know we were part of the US of A :confused:

i didn't say we were

in case you didn't know, Canada has troops deployed as well.

Since 2002, over 111 Canadian soldiers and one diplomat have died during the Afghanistan mission.

psycoticclown
09-05-2009, 06:23 PM
^^:nut:

We are talking about the Iraq war and the troops the US has deployed there. How the fuck did Canada and Afghanistan get brought up all of a sudden :facepalm:

ZEDGE
09-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by mx73someday
Also there is nothing controversial about a resistance effort against an illegal occupation, anyone would expect that to happen in such a stupid war.

Resistance effort?? :facepalm:

Blowing up innocent civilians.... These people have no interest other than to continue the instability and blood shed. I'm not justifying the war but thats rather naive.

homelessman
09-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by ZEDGE

Blowing up innocent civilians.... These people have no interest other than to continue the instability and blood shed. I'm not justifying the war but thats rather naive.

These turds don't get it.

FlySi
09-05-2009, 08:24 PM
WOW! 6 PEOPLE? I wonder if america has killed that many yet...I doubt it

homelessman
09-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by FlySi
WOW! 6 PEOPLE? I wonder if america has killed that many yet...I doubt it

*Shakes head* :facepalm:

homelessman
09-05-2009, 08:50 PM
The whole point of this thread was to illustrate how you clowns turn the other way when people of your own religion commit acts of violence, but cry when the US does the same.

:rolleyes:

TurboD
09-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by homelessman
The whole point of this thread was to illustrate how you clowns turn the other way when people of your own religion commit acts of violence, but cry when the US does the same.

my religion?

for the record, I do not subscribe to a religion

what religion did you think i was,
and since we're asking, what religion are you?

FlySi
09-05-2009, 09:09 PM

So you don't turn your head when the US commits an act of violence?

homelessman
09-05-2009, 09:14 PM

So you don't turn your head when the US commits an act of violence?

Never, and I sure as fuck wouldn't sarcastically say "WOW! 6 PEOPLE?"

:facepalm:

TurboD
09-05-2009, 09:15 PM
^^:nut:

We are talking about the Iraq war and the troops the US has deployed there. How the fuck did Canada and Afghanistan get brought up all of a sudden :facepalm:

we are talking about war, current war.

and Afghanistan or Iraq, these are both spots of WAR

this is the topic, war, and body counts.

FlySi
09-05-2009, 09:18 PM

Never, and I sure as fuck wouldn't sarcastically say "WOW! 6 PEOPLE?"

Were you raised in a gutter? What's the need for the filthy language? We're trying to have a civilized debate here, can you handle that?

ZEDGE
09-05-2009, 09:27 PM
LOL you're so civilized.... :rofl:

Demeaning the death of civilians. Just as long as the yanks didn't do it right?

mx73someday
09-05-2009, 09:29 PM

Causing instability IS a method of resistance, even if it means blowing up your own people.

ZEDGE
09-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Horse shit. Most of these insurgents are not even Iraqis and have no interest in the welfare of the Iraqi people.

mx73someday
09-05-2009, 09:36 PM

We're trying to have a civilized debate here, can you handle that?

I don't think it's possible to have a debate with homelessman. It's impossible to tell what his positions are because he avoids answering questions and he responds to arguments with insults.

mx73someday
09-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Horse shit. Most of these insurgents are not even Iraqis and have no interest in the welfare of the Iraqi people.

They might not be Iraqis but they are Islamic, it might not be a resistance for Iraq, but for Islam. People don't cross borders and risk their lives for nothing, they go there to fight americans, it's a resistance.

FlySi
09-05-2009, 09:48 PM

Only the americans have interest in the welfare of the Iraqi people.

FlySi
09-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Zedge don't you have homework to do? or an xbox to play?

Toma
09-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Al Qaeda?? How did they get into Iraq?? They were not there BEFORE the war...

I'm confused... what happened to spread this terrorist organization and let it take hold in Iraq?

:poosie:

BigMass
09-05-2009, 11:22 PM
News 2025: 8 more killed in bombing outside US embassy in Iraq

News 2047: China invades Afghanistan, says “it’s our turn now bitches”

News 2070: Any country that is not yet under the One World Government umbrella has officially been invaded and declared a “terrorist states”

News 2155: Terrorist attacks at some random place

News 2285: War on Terror still going strong

News 2354: David Rockefeller’s brain implanted into new Cybernetic Organism called “Skynet” capable of coordinating unmanned drone attacks anywhere around the world.

Oh wait nm, we’re all dead in 2012 anyways so who cares.

Beerking
09-05-2009, 11:27 PM

we are talking about war, current war.

and Afghanistan or Iraq, these are both spots of WAR

this is the topic, war, and body counts.

You're the biggest fucktard around aren't you!

This whole thread was about Iraq, no one mentioned anything about Afghanistan because they are TWO DIFFERENT WARS, braught up on different reasons for war. You know so little that you cannot comprehend that they are different and thought that Canada is fighting for the same reasons as US of A in Iraq. Get your facts staight.

Toma
09-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Beerking

This whole thread was about Iraq, no one mentioned anything about Afghanistan because they are TWO DIFFERENT WARS, braught up on different reasons for war. You know so little that you cannot comprehend that they are different and thought that Canada is fighting for the same reasons as US of A in Iraq. Get your facts staight.
LOL...

Remember 9/11?? The REASON Bush Invaded Iraq?

And THEN he Invaded Afghanistan... for the same reason?

There is only one reason for both wars, and most the instability in the mid east.

What is that??

The US WANTS it.

homelessman
09-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Toma

LOL...

There is only one reason for both wars, and most the instability in the mid east.

What is that??

The US WANTS it.

Better read up on the chronological order of events, it was Afghanistan and then Iraq. For someone who obsesses about this kind of stuff, I am surprised that you made that blunder, Toma.

and Yes, the Iraq war was a total mistake. That country needed a badass like Saddam to control the animals that lied within it's borders. Afghanistan on the other hand needed the Taliban removed. (btw, what happens when/if Canada leaves? Are rainbows going to appear and everyone will skip along in peace? Hell no, it will turn into even greater shit.)

BigMass
09-05-2009, 11:58 PM

Afghanistan on the other hand needed the Taliban removed. (btw, what happens when/if Canada leaves? Are rainbows going to appear and everyone will skip along in peace? Hell no, it will turn into even greater shit.)

thank God Canada is there to guard those poppy fields so the CIA can fund their operations. I heard we had another bumper crop this year. Yay us!

ZEDGE
09-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Zedge don't you have homework to do? or an xbox to play?

:rofl:

Ok junior.

Toma
09-06-2009, 12:03 AM

Better read up on the chronological order of events, it was Afghanistan and then Iraq. For someone who obsesses about this kind of stuff, I am surprised that you made that blunder, Toma.
LOL... well, obviously then, I dont obsess about it as much as you suggest....

But, the point it the same.... US likes instability, and US friendly dictators, and will go through any length, and millions of deaths to get it.

They supported the Taliban when they thought they were getting a pipeline. They liked Saddam till he told em to fuck themselves and started to take Euro for oil....

ZEDGE
09-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by mx73someday

They might not be Iraqis but they are Islamic, it might not be a resistance for Iraq, but for Islam. People don't cross borders and risk their lives for nothing, they go there to fight americans, it's a resistance.

Again.. by blowing up civilians. You seriously can't believe what you are typing?? Boggles my mind. We'll show those American scum, lets blow up worshipers at that mosque or perhaps those shoppers at the market...:facepalm:

tawheed
09-06-2009, 12:06 AM

LOL... well, obviously then, I dont obsess about it as much as you suggest....

But, the point it the same.... US likes instability, and US friendly dictators, and will go through any length, and millions of deaths to get it.

They supported the Taliban when they thought they were getting a pipeline. They liked Saddam till he told em to fuck themselves and started to take Euro for oil....

Just wanted to say that all your posts on this subject are well thought out and make sense..

+1

homelessman
09-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by BigMass

thank God Canada is there to guard those poppy fields so the CIA can fund their operations.

Source?

ZEDGE
09-06-2009, 12:11 AM

LOL...

I'm disappointed in you... :thumbsdow

Originally posted by tawheed

Just wanted to say that all your posts on this subject are well thought out and make sense..

+1

As clearly shown above... :rofl:

Toma
09-06-2009, 12:30 AM
LOL... oh sue me lol....

The line gets blurred since Bush was looking for a reason to invade Iraq from the beginning with plans of its invasion being drawn up 8 months before September 11...

Like I said.... its the pattern that is important.

For those that recognize any 'published' reason for invasion is just excuse and propaganda .... the "official" details become almost meaningless.....

Toma
09-06-2009, 12:35 AM
It was really easy to see when Bush was lying.... you just had ot watch for when his lips started moving :poosie:

Mind ya, nothing changes. The US has been on a murderous terrorist rampage that serves its (the elites) interest for over 100 years, with no end in sight.

ZEDGE
09-06-2009, 12:37 AM
LOL... oh sue me lol....

The line gets blurred since Bush was looking for a reason to invade Iraq from the beginning with plans of its invasion being drawn up 8 months before September 11...

Like I said.... its the pattern that is important.

For those that recognize any 'published' reason for invasion is just excuse and propaganda .... the "official" details become almost meaningless.....

Wasn't Bush JR just continuing what daddy didn't finish?

While I agree Iraq was a load of lies and totally unnecessary, Afghanistan had a little more merit after the events of 9/11 and the 'alleged' ties to Al Qaeda. It had international support, unlike Iraq.

TurboD
09-06-2009, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Beerking

first of all, why don't you learn how to spell brought.

second, the only difference between these wars is the name of the country.

third, why don't you explain the two different reasons for two "different" wars as you claim to be the smartest guy you know.

you claim to know all the answers but it seems you haven't got your own facts straight enough to explain what the facts are.

i bet you think the US is after bin laden

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

BOTH wars trace back to 9/11
you can believe whatever story you want as to how they are different, but the excuse for invasion has been the same.
you may have been fed some other type of propaganda to make the wars seem like totally different issues, but they are in fact the same war.

bin laden..... to find weapons of mass destruction.... LOL
do yourself a favor and turn off the TV

learn how to debate, next time don't get all pissy about facts and not state any.

Type_B
09-06-2009, 01:36 AM
whats with all the swears in this thread? not only that people putting in big words that they dont practically understand, but this is a debate of mature content. wanna argue about it more go on a beyond meet. lol :drama:

Redwagon
09-06-2009, 11:34 AM

third, why don't you explain the two different reasons for two "different" wars as you claim to be the smartest guy you know.

you claim to know all the answers but it seems you haven't got your own facts straight enough to explain what the facts are.

you can believe whatever story you want as to how they are different, but the excuse for invasion has been the same.
you may have been fed some other type of propaganda to make the wars seem like totally different issues, but they are in fact the same war.

learn how to debate, next time don't get all pissy about facts and not state any.

I'm glad you brought out the spelling point so I can correct your English errors.

First, every sentence starts with a capital letter, no exception.

Second, every proper noun (if you don't know what that is, google it) starts with a capital letter.

Third, every sentence must end with punctuation, also no exception.

TurboD
09-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Redwagon

I'm glad you brought out the spelling point so I can correct your English errors.

First, every sentence starts with a capital letter, no exception.

Second, every proper noun (if you don't know what that is, google it) starts with a capital letter.

Third, every sentence must end with punctuation, also no exception.

was anyone talking to you?
where did you come from and why are you posting in this thread

also, there is a difference between attempting to spell and failing and choosing to not include punctuation

at least put forth an argument or viewpoint
otherwise you just look like a grammar troll

Redwagon
09-06-2009, 12:01 PM

was anyone talking to you?
where did you come from and why are you posting in this thread

also, there is a difference between attempting to spell and failing and choosing to not include punctuation

at least put forth an argument or viewpoint
otherwise you just look like a grammar troll

Haha, you're pulling out the "was anyone talking to you" bit? Are you in grade 8?

You wanted to bring spelling into it. So I thought I would correct your use of the English language also.

You sure edit your posts alot. Is it because you can't put coherent sentences together? Or is your first thought not very good and you have to keep thinking about it to make it look you actually know what you are talking about?

TurboD
09-06-2009, 12:08 PM

Haha, you're pulling out the "was anyone talking to you" bit? Are you in grade 8?

You wanted to bring spelling into it. So I thought I would correct your use of the English language also.

You sure edit your posts alot. Is it because you can't put coherent sentences together? Or is your first thought not very good and you have to keep thinking about it to make it look you actually know what you are talking about?

its "a lot"

also, Haha is not a proper way to start a sentence

now leave this thread

maybe you need to edit your posts more so that you don't make a douche of yourself

bashir26
09-06-2009, 12:24 PM
US was cool with Saddam until he invaded Kuwait and cool with Iran when the Sha' use to control it and them using Euros to buy oil did not help.

btw....how come Osama never admitted to 9/11 but he has admitted to everything else he has done

Toma
09-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by bashir26

btw....how come Osama never admitted to 9/11 but he has admitted to everything else he has done
Cause he had nothing to do with it....

Remember the video they tried to pawn of as Osama admitting to 9/11?? :rofl:

Redwagon
09-06-2009, 04:23 PM

its "a lot"

also, Haha is not a proper way to start a sentence

now leave this thread

maybe you need to edit your posts more so that you don't make a douche of yourself

Its "a lot." Also, Haha is not a proper way to start a sentence. Now leave this thread. Maybe you need to edit your posts more so that you don't make a douche of yourself.

You are the definition of hypocrisy. You try to point out how I am wrong but you are wrong 8x to my one time. And yet you continue to spew garbage out like there's no tomorrow.

TurboD
09-06-2009, 05:49 PM

Its "a lot." Also, Haha is not a proper way to start a sentence. Now leave this thread. Maybe you need to edit your posts more so that you don't make a douche of yourself.

You are the definition of hypocrisy. You try to point out how I am wrong but you are wrong 8x to my one time. And yet you continue to spew garbage out like there's no tomorrow.

its not about who is wrong more often, the fact is, you suck at teh engrish and you try to tell other people how to use proper spelling/grammar

if i leave out punctuation and continue to leave out punctuation, but you insist on proper grammar and fail at spelling you are the hypocrite

you fail

psycoticclown
09-06-2009, 07:28 PM

You're a fucking idiot. Sure both wars have similarities to each other, sure they can be traced to 9/11, but the fact is, this news article is talking about Iraq, a war that CANADA is not involved in and only the USA. Now you were talking about how USA should pull out of IRAQ and how that war is stupid. You also stated, in reference to the IRAQ war that you "want the troops brought home and put an end to involvement in that war. its not worth the lives lost by the finest men and women our nation has to offer."

Now when I called you out on that, you backtrack and say that you were referring to Afghanistan war and how Canada should pull our troops back... :facepalm:

Don't backtrack and talk about shit you have no clue about.

TurboD
09-06-2009, 07:34 PM

You're a fucking idiot. Sure both wars have similarities to each other, sure they can be traced to 9/11, but the fact is, this news article is talking about Iraq, a war that CANADA is not involved in and only the USA. Now you were talking about how USA should pull out of IRAQ and how that war is stupid. You also stated, in reference to the IRAQ war that you "want the troops brought home and put an end to involvement in that war. its not worth the lives lost by the finest men and women our nation has to offer."

Now when I called you out on that, you backtrack and say that you were referring to Afghanistan war and how Canada should pull our troops back... :facepalm:

Don't backtrack and talk about shit you have no clue about.

whoa relax, not sure why you are getting so upset about this.

i consider the two wars basically one in the same.
you may have a different opinion, but no need to get all nuts about it.

i would like to see an end to both wars, i would like to see both us and canadian troops brought home.

do you think that the more palm face smilies you use the more superior your post looks?
do you think swearing and getting upset about someone is a good way to have a discussion?

collectskulls
09-07-2009, 09:11 AM
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2009/06/200963054650513164.html

psycoticclown
09-07-2009, 11:44 AM

whoa relax, not sure why you are getting so upset about this.

i consider the two wars basically one in the same.
you may have a different opinion, but no need to get all nuts about it.

i would like to see an end to both wars, i would like to see both us and canadian troops brought home.

do you think that the more palm face smilies you use the more superior your post looks?
do you think swearing and getting upset about someone is a good way to have a discussion?

In the post I quoted, you used 4 facepalms, double what I use :rofl:

ZEDGE
09-07-2009, 12:11 PM

In the post I quoted, you used 4 facepalms, double what I use :rofl:

This Turbo guy is the definition of a hypocrite. Entertaining anyway. ;)

st184
09-07-2009, 01:47 PM

Agreed.

sjaswal
09-07-2009, 02:13 PM

2x agree, please post definition of hypocrite, maybe the user doesn't know what it means.