PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada Banned

Bigchuckers
09-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Air Canada Banned (http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/flights+hits+Canada/1964976/story.html)

Thoughts??

bjstare
09-05-2009, 02:34 PM
I thought I cared for a sec.. then read the last paragraph. Tell them to hop a regular plane/flight.

TorqueDog
09-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Fucking ridiculous. The US Department of Transportation is on crack.

I'd like to say "Close Canadian skies to similar American charter aircraft", but I don't know if mimicing those idiots is going to solve the problem.

homelessman
09-05-2009, 02:37 PM
OBAMA!!!!

KrisYYC
09-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Part of the "hope" and "change" I guess

:rolleyes:

Rat Fink
09-05-2009, 03:45 PM

Suey
09-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Sigh... That's So Dumb

ianmcc
09-05-2009, 07:47 PM
"The matter was pushed by the U.S. Air Line Pilots Association."
Unions-go figure. :rolleyes:
I wonder if Buzz Hargrove had anything to do with this since he is the NHLPA interim ombudsman. I wonder if the NHLPA is supporting their union brothers on this one.

Tik-Tok
09-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog

I'd like to say "Close Canadian skies to similar American charter aircraft", but I don't know if mimicing those idiots is going to solve the problem.

We already have.

Cabotage has been banned for a long time in both countries, I'm surprised this hasn't come up sooner. Basically, if they stuck to the laws, this wouldn't have happened.

If every player on the team flew down to one US city, played, then flew to another US city, without a single extra passenger then the original flight, it would be all good. Unfortunately they weren't following the rules, and got slammed for it.

Basically, all this will do, is force teams to charter flights with companies that are in the respective country. Protecting aviation jobs in both countries.

71car2
09-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Well, if USA is gonna ban Canadian NHL teams from chapter flights and make the members board regular flights afterward on...

I say - Canada SHOULD ban the American NHL teams the same way and force them to do the regular flight thing! Fair play is what I call.

That will make them waste time and more money (higher $$ tickets!) because it's more time-comusing finishing one game in other country then must board back to home before going to the NEXT game back flying to the OTHER country!

That's stupid, I tell you. Next will we see the same thing for other sports??

Isaiah
09-06-2009, 09:27 AM
In a furious exchange with the Obama administration over the mid-August ruling, Canada has launched its own investigation and will soon close its skies to U. S. sports team charters in retaliation, warns Transport Minister John Baird.
Wonderful. Our Conservative cabinet ministers have the mentality of 7 year-olds at recess. Let's try a little diplomacy first.

2Valve0
09-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Americans are idiots, did you really not expect something this stupid to come from them. :dunno:

Tik-Tok
09-06-2009, 10:08 AM
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

You people need to learn how to read, maybe point form and large bold font will help you?

Cabotage is ALREADY illegal in BOTH countries, and has been for decades They are only banning AIR CANADA's charter fleet, as they were caught cabotaging For those who don't know, cabotage is when an aircraft from country 'A' flies to a city in country 'B', picks up passengers that weren't on the first flight, then continues to another city in country 'B' All the teams have to do now, is find ANOTHER charter company, it is only Air Canada charters that aren't allowed.

If AC didn't pick up passengers that weren't on the original flight list, there wouldn't be a problem. If the teams stuck to the legal bounds of the law, this wouldn't have become and issue.

This is nothing new, the US aren't trying to "screw us", they are sticking to their legal boundries.

soupey
09-06-2009, 10:16 AM
all ill say is that i hate air canada.

Canmorite
09-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

You people need to learn how to read, maybe point form and large bold font will help you?

Cabotage is ALREADY illegal in BOTH countries, and has been for decades They are only banning AIR CANADA's charter fleet, as they were caught cabotaging For those who don't know, cabotage is when an aircraft from country 'A' flies to a city in country 'B', picks up passengers that weren't on the first flight, then continues to another city in country 'B' All the teams have to do now, is find ANOTHER charter company, it is only Air Canada charters that aren't allowed.

If AC didn't pick up passengers that weren't on the original flight list, there wouldn't be a problem. If the teams stuck to the legal bounds of the law, this wouldn't have become and issue.

This is nothing new, the US aren't trying to "screw us", they are sticking to their legal boundries.

Well I think that about covers it. Glad someone understands what's going on :rofl: