PDA

View Full Version : Iphone screen protector?

shakalaka
09-05-2009, 05:27 PM
I am looking to get one of those mirror screen protectors for my iphone? Does anyone know of any shops that sell them locally, I don't really want to place an order online and wait forever to get one.

dj_rice
09-05-2009, 08:42 PM
For locally, my guess is one of those Mobile Phone skin kiosks in malls

shakalaka
09-05-2009, 08:52 PM
That's what my guess is as well. Just got to be on a lookout next time I go to a mall.

eblend
09-05-2009, 09:22 PM
better yet get an invisible sheild, i got a different branded invisible shield (for much less online) but it works perfect, protects the phone and invisible, and doesn't add any bulk

shakalaka
09-05-2009, 09:43 PM
I've had tons of invisible shields since I've had few different iphones. The one I have on right now is nowhere near the quality of that Zagg shield you can get. It gets scratched like crazy and then you see the scuffs all over it and looks disgusting. Which is why I need to change it again, but i thought might as well get something different then what I've been getting so far. The mirror one seems kinda tacky but different, so I thought might as well give it a shot. Just don't wanna bother ordering it online and having to wait ages for it.

Kinjou
09-06-2009, 12:26 PM
The Rogers store in TD Square sells the anti-glare stuff for $20 - 2 protectors... pretty expensive but they remove the glare and leave no instances of fingerprints from what I saw on the demo

shakalaka
09-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Finding the regular shields isn't hard locally. It's the mirror type screen protectors that I have been looking for.

teggyR
09-06-2009, 12:41 PM
um just go to the apple store. They have all sorts and they carry the power support ones which are known to be the best

ZorroAMG
09-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Are you gonna use it to touch up your lipstick? Is it for your gf's iPhone?

Get the antiglare one, so much better.

tha_bandit
09-06-2009, 12:59 PM
tacky but different

:facepalm:

shakalaka
09-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Haha I get bored of phones really quick. So I need to have the phone looking different if I am going to use it all the time. Now I am starting to get bored of the iphone again and its my 5th one, so a little mod may prevent me from switching it for another month or so.

I am gonna head to the Future Shop in a little bit and get which ever one they have. Might grab the anti glare one, or they have some that are called 'privacy protectors'. Saw one at the Apple store but never got it at the time.

ZorroAMG
09-06-2009, 01:27 PM
This is the exact anti-glare I have and everyone that has an iPhone and saw mine, loved it...easy install, less fingerprints.

http://store.apple.com/ca/product/TS504VC/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=OTUzNTE4MA

The mirror is going to look TERRIBLE and I bet you'll feel like a teenage girl whipping out your bedazzled mirror phone.

accordboi_02
09-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Why not just go back to the Zagg Invisible Shield??

Future Shop and Best Buy both sell it in their stores so you don't have to order online anymore.

dj_rice
09-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by accordboi_02
Why not just go back to the Zagg Invisible Shield??

Future Shop and Best Buy both sell it in their stores so you don't have to order online anymore.

More expensive to buy from them then Zagg themself, I got a full body InvisiShield for 3GS for $12.95 CDN shipped, at FS I think the screen film alone is $19.99

shakalaka
09-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
This is the exact anti-glare I have and everyone that has an iPhone and saw mine, loved it...easy install, less fingerprints.

The mirror is going to look TERRIBLE and I bet you'll feel like a teenage girl whipping out your bedazzled mirror phone.

I saw the eact anti glare one at Marketmall Apple store. Maybe I'll go back and you're probably right about the mirror reflecting screen. Haha

Originally posted by dj_rice

More expensive to buy from them then Zagg themself, I got a full body InvisiShield for 3GS for $12.95 CDN shipped, at FS I think the screen film alone is $19.99

I had that on before, it's pretty good I guess. However I just saw one at Futureshop for $30 and it was for the full phone. I just want the front.

aypi
09-06-2009, 05:39 PM
if you really want to try that mirror screen protector, my friend is selling one.

let me know if you want it.

3nergiz3d
09-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Marketmall Apple Store has one type of mirror/film case. You would want to look for Solo FX. It includes a case and the mirror film. Or if you don't want the case, head on and buy our antiglade or crystal films. They run about 20.00.

spike98
09-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Get this one. Its by far the best one you can get for the iphone. I have tried 5 or 6 different brands and the one above is the bar far the best. A zero bubble application is soooo easy any they are tough. Plus they git rid of the NAST finger prints and smudges.

shakalaka
09-21-2009, 08:01 PM
I went to the apple store and saw the anti glare one as well. It was pretty good but I went with the privacy protector. Basically it's anti glare with some black material on it that blocks any viewing from the side. You can only see it if it's completely straight. Whoever's seen it loves it. It feels pretty good as well and application was super easy without any bubbles or anything at all.

bball2
10-05-2009, 03:31 PM
If anyone wants a mirror screen protector, for free, PM me (got two extra). But I warn you, they fucken suck. Very reflective when the phone is off, but makes the iPhone completely unusuable, weird / distorted colors when looking at it straight on / worse if viewed at an angle. Went back to a regular screen protector.

shakalaka
10-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Good thing, I didn't go with that one! I love the privacy one I got from apple store.