PDA

View Full Version : Revolution Switching to Pump Gas

Ron@Revolution
09-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Here is a quick vid of me doing some tuning of the staged injectors. This pull was from 58Mph or 93 kph to around 96Mph or 154Kph in third on wastegate spring, and pump gas. I'm just rolling into the throttle at first trying to get the transition smoothed out a bit more.

Right click and save
http://talongt66.4t.com/tuning%201%2009%20sept.wmv

Redlyne_mr2
09-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Car sounds great man, I prefer pump gas tuning. Race fuel, e85 etc are fine if the car is a dedicated drag car but then where is the fun in that? A lot of the mr2 guys are getting high numbers but it's all on e85 which is kind of gay.

Ron@Revolution
09-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Car sounds great man, I prefer pump gas tuning. Race fuel, e85 etc are fine if the car is a dedicated drag car but then where is the fun in that? A lot of the mr2 guys are getting high numbers but it's all on e85 which is kind of gay.

E85 is widely available though out the US, and in some parts of Canada at the pump, and all major manufactures are making there vehicles flex fuel compatible so I would say it is a "pump gas". It would be like 93 or 94 which you can get some places but not others. I guess going fast on gas available at the pump is gay:facepalm:

Redlyne_mr2
09-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Ron@Revolution

E85 is widely available though out the US, and in some parts of Canada at the pump, and all major manufactures are making there vehicles flex fuel compatible so I would say it is a "pump gas". It would be like 93 or 94 which you can get some places but not others. I guess going fast on gas available at the pump is gay:facepalm:

hahah naw I guess I'm just jealous that we can't get it here.

Ron@Revolution
09-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

hahah naw I guess I'm just jealous that we can't get it here.

You can get it here just not at the pump. But for the same price as unleaded gas at the pump and you can make over twice as much power on it.:thumbsup:

dj_honda
09-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Ron@Revolution

You can get it here just not at the pump. But for the same price as unleaded gas at the pump and you can make over twice as much power on it.:thumbsup:

:werd: only thig is fuel economy drops off significantly. but that is a tradeoff i would be willing to make

Ron@Revolution
09-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Economy does suffer but most guys well trade that for the lower price then race gas, and the ability to make 900+whp on a 4 cylinder motor.

misterrick
09-07-2009, 05:00 PM
where can you get e85 in calgary?

Ron@Revolution
09-07-2009, 05:38 PM
I bring it in bulk don't think there are any stations there.