PDA

View Full Version : What is yuor definition of rice?

962 kid
08-23-2002, 09:50 AM
Just wondering, what do you think rice is and why?

Redlyne_mr2
08-23-2002, 09:53 AM
anything that is added to a car that doesntt actually have any positive affects towards the car..there are some exceptions

HRD2PLZ
08-23-2002, 10:26 AM
Decals or emblems showing something the car doesn't have and those tacky washer lights...

kaput
08-23-2002, 10:29 AM

DSM Power
08-23-2002, 10:30 AM
Rice: all show and no go. :rolleyes:

MrX
08-23-2002, 01:50 PM
Ancient rice origin is multi-dimensional, not only dealing with the biology of wild rice, but how ancient people consciously domesticated it. It is a complex issue involving ancient astronomy, meteorology, geography, hydrology, botany, ecology, ethnology, linguistics, etymology, genetics, ceramics, dietetics, etc.
Rice culture allowed people to gradually settle to farming using the lunar calendar. The first 10-month solar calendar began with Mar's appearance, its worship a basic trait of ancient rice agriculture.

4wheeldrift
08-23-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by MrX
Ancient rice origin is multi-dimensional, not only dealing with the biology of wild rice, but how ancient people consciously domesticated it. It is a complex issue involving ancient astronomy, meteorology, geography, hydrology, botany, ecology, ethnology, linguistics, etymology, genetics, ceramics, dietetics, etc.
Rice culture allowed people to gradually settle to farming using the lunar calendar. The first 10-month solar calendar began with Mar's appearance, its worship a basic trait of ancient rice agriculture.

INteresting, but ultimately uselss :) And that picture of you for your avatar still makes you look like a yakuza accountant or something.

Rice can be just about anything. People seem to call any car they don't like rice now.

three.eighteen.
08-23-2002, 02:32 PM
rice is ugly cars that arent fast with drivers that try to race/tailgate/cutoff/flyby every other car on the road

Zephyr
08-23-2002, 02:41 PM
1. rice: the starchy seeds of an annual grass that are cooked and used for food

2. rice: large exhaust tip, large stickers, small engine.

nookmumracing
08-23-2002, 03:42 PM
Uncle Ben

Strider
08-23-2002, 07:11 PM
Rice is anything added to a car to deceive people, or make people think its faster than it really is, ie. big wing, loud exhaust.

Blue LED washers, etc. are NOT rice... they're just BAD TASTE :thumbsdow

MaYzE
08-23-2002, 07:28 PM
Rice is an over used term. Almost everything is rice now. My car is slow and I dont have the money to make it fast. So I'm going to make it look good. Doesnt mean Im going to race everyone. Whats the point of racing with a slow car? So I dont agree with the slow and no go idea. I think rice is anything "extra" on a car. For example, I dont find my rims to be rice, however my aftermarket tach is. The tach has no REAL use. I could still drive without it. My $0.02

Silencer
08-23-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift

......And that picture of you for your avatar still makes you look like a yakuza accountant or something.

So true!
But kewl.

92 Teg-B18A
08-24-2002, 12:56 AM
making your car look faster than it really is but only doing a half assed job of it. There are plenty of show cars out there that look fast but are so slow but the owner has taken the time to do everything right.

MrX
08-24-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Silencer

So true!
But kewl.

just wait till you see the tatoos i have:)

warren s
08-24-2002, 08:11 PM
Anything that adds nothing but extra weight on the drag strip

shadowz
08-25-2002, 03:51 AM
Rice: white stuff that I eat everyday along with many other asians
Gayrice: Shit thats played out, anything that glows, and those kool taillights, what are they called again?

GTS Jeff
08-25-2002, 11:29 PM
Talking about rice is RICE.

jonny
08-26-2002, 03:10 AM
Ricer: anyone who would choose a souped up 'import' (ie. civic, supra, etc) rather then an actual performance car, (ie Ferrari Modena, 996 TT, TVR Tuscan R).

Not talking about prices or anything but some people would simply prefer a souped up civic to a Z06.

And remember, i'm not saying one is better then the other.

todaB18c5
08-26-2002, 09:04 AM
geyrice: every one has it on there car, they just dont realize it. Over done cars.. people not keeping there cars up to date with trend.

Dr. Evil
08-26-2002, 10:59 AM
My friends define RICE as any asian car that is modded... anywhere from a fart cannon to a full-on show car. I think they just like to make the distinction between MUSCLE and everything else.

I think RICE is actually fun... because of the looks you get. I like being silly, but that doesn't mean I go out & buy a triple wing or fart cannon!