PDA

View Full Version : Scammer!!jeremy Boddy Drifttuners Scammer!!!

boycottdrifttun
09-07-2009, 02:38 PM
read this!!!!!!!!!!!!! regarding jeremy boddy the scammer!
im gonna tell you all the honest truth about jeremy boddy.
foolishly i tried to purchase a car from him about a year ago, i sent him 14 thousand dollars. i have still yet to recieve a car or my money. i scared him into sending me 4 grand, but i havent heard from him in 7 months and has yet to send me the remaining 10 thousand dollars. i had another guy contact me who said he owes him 13 grand. i would not reccommend, in a million years, that anyone; canadian, american, turkish!!!!, purchase a car off this guy unless you want to get ripped off. he sat there and lied to me everyday for almost a year that my money was coming and all these excuses about how he was sending it my way, bla bla bla and he knew this whole time that im an expectant father and a full time student and all i am asking for is my money back. he made up story after story and probably took years off my life due to the stress from this. i just wanted to put this out there to save anyone else from going thru the *** i have in this past year. if you have any questions, please contact me via this forum.
*** jeremy, imma keep goin all day till i see my money

just recently ive had a few other people contact me about this saying he ripped them off as well. so please, be aware of this guy. he will promise you the world and deliever on nothing.
the website is drifttuners.com also selling on usedjdm.com. just look out for the name jeremy boddy...its all lies. you can find other talk about this on nicoclub.com]Nissan Forums | Infiniti Forums by NICOclub.com just search his name on that site for confirmation on this.

max_boost
09-07-2009, 02:41 PM
:nut:

I'm confused.

I hope you get your money back? :dunno:

JordanAndrew
09-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
:nut:

I'm confused.

I hope you get your money back? :dunno:

He's not exactly the best story teller but I think I get it. OP I hope you get your money back as well, it's not going to be easy to get it back though. There's a lot of red tape when it comes to these kinds of things. Keep at it I guess.

eb0i
09-07-2009, 02:48 PM
So you sent him 14K without any type of guarantees to get a car in return?

KrisYYC
09-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Can't the police get involved in something like this?

We're not talking a $200 eBay scam here...

n1zm0
09-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by eb0i
So you sent him 14K without any type of guarantees to get a car in return?

this, how could you even think of sending that amount of money without being able to have the car in hand or in sight for that matter.

JordanAndrew
09-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

this, how could you even think of sending that amount of money without being able to have the car in hand or in sight for that matter.

Maybe it was in "Mint" condition. :nut:

7thgenvic
09-07-2009, 03:11 PM
ummmm..............Don't know exactly what to say regarding this thread other than......Call the police big guy

black13
09-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Did you fall for the ebay/kjiji type scam where he showed you pics and said he'll "ship it" via ebay?

Then that's just stupid man, how could you fall for that crap? No wonder these ads still pop up cause people still fall for this.

Sucks for you though, hope this dirtbag gets it.

revelations
09-07-2009, 03:53 PM
"buyer beware"

"a fool and his money are soon parted"

"do some research before sending money away"

barmanjay
09-07-2009, 04:22 PM
i'm not sure what the story is? was he going to import you a car?

aside from that, go to the police with every shred of evidence you can pull up, print off emails and etc.

if they dont do anything, just take him to court.

D. Dub
09-07-2009, 07:20 PM
If you know where to find him

Small claims court?

Graham_A_M
09-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

yeah man... I feel for you, as $14,000 is a fair chunk of coin, but with that being said why did you give that sum to him, without anything tangible to speak of?

like:facepalm:

....goodluck and you have my best wishes, but man you made a stupid mistake trusting a total stranger with that sum of money.

mx73someday
09-07-2009, 09:10 PM
http://www.omvic.on.ca/
http://www.amvic.org/

I'm not sure how well OMVIC works, but if they're anything like AMVIC they should be your best bet. Just file a complaint and they should do most of the leg work at legal resolution.

In my years importing cars, it wasn't unusual to accept large deposits for relatively expensive Japanese market cars, sight unseen I might add. I guess the important thing is to make sure that you're dealing with a reputable company.

TomcoPDR
09-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by mx73someday
http://www.omvic.on.ca/
http://www.amvic.org/

I'm not sure how well OMVIC works, but if they're anything like AMVIC they should be your best bet. Just file a complaint and they should do most of the leg work at legal resolution.

In my years importing cars, it wasn't unusual to accept large deposits for relatively expensive Japanese market cars, sight unseen I might add. I guess the important thing is to make sure that you're dealing with a reputable company.
OP is from BC

mx73someday
09-07-2009, 11:54 PM
The dealer who took his money appears to be from Ontario, that's why I mentioned OMVIC. I could be wrong about that too I guess.

Power_Of_Rotary
09-08-2009, 04:50 AM
arent car scams like last year?

do people still fall for this stuff seriously? i didnt even bother reading the op due to the poor english..

your probably not ganna get anything(more) back, but i guess ur lucky to even get the 4k

scat19
09-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew

Maybe it was in "Mint" condition. :nut:

and it was a '91 JDM with 17,890 pristine km's.

Mar
09-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Was he on holiday in Nigeria by chance and told you the car is somewhere in Ontario? :dunno: I don't think anyone needs a heads up not to send random people $14,000, that's pretty common sense.

I have another tip. Don't eat yellow snow.

boycottdrifttun
09-09-2009, 12:51 PM
no, ive seen and know of the africa scam. i looked into this guy, he checked out. i talked to customs agents that clear cars for him and they said yes, he is an importer, we clear cars for him.
anyway, i posted this up for other people to be aware and not get jacked like i did.
of course i feel like a fool, but thats how online buying works. you pay before you ge the product, just like anything else. you find me a seller that sends you the car prior to recieving funds, im all over it. anyway, didnt put this on here to get told what a fool i am, it happens, people get scammed... and for the other sacastic remarks, it was a 91 skyline with 70k kms. im not a retard who thinks hes gonna get a 2jz-gte supra with 20k kms for 6 grand...or 14 for that matter. i know my cars, ive done my research. i just got fucked, plain and simple. hopefully you all dont.
his website is www.drifttuners.com and he also sells on www.usedjdm.com you can find more on this at www.nicoclub.com search his name in their google and youll see all types of shit, make sure youve got a couple hours on hand, theres a lot!
peace.

7thgenvic
09-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by boycottdrifttun
no, ive seen and know of the africa scam. i looked into this guy, he checked out. i talked to customs agents that clear cars for him and they said yes, he is an importer, we clear cars for him.
anyway, i posted this up for other people to be aware and not get jacked like i did.
of course i feel like a fool, but thats how online buying works. you pay before you ge the product, just like anything else. you find me a seller that sends you the car prior to recieving funds, im all over it. anyway, didnt put this on here to get told what a fool i am, it happens, people get scammed... and for the other sacastic remarks, it was a 91 skyline with 70k kms. im not a retard who thinks hes gonna get a 2jz-gte supra with 20k kms for 6 grand...or 14 for that matter. i know my cars, ive done my research. i just got fucked, plain and simple. hopefully you all dont.
his website is www.drifttuners.com and he also sells on www.usedjdm.com you can find more on this at www.nicoclub.com search his name in their google and youll see all types of shit, make sure youve got a couple hours on hand, theres a lot!
peace.

I'm sure you didn't get scammed that bad......This story doesn't check out in my books

mx73someday
09-09-2009, 01:46 PM
How did you manage to track down the customs agents that the seller was using? Do you mean customs brokers? That sounds very strange.

SJW
09-09-2009, 03:40 PM
If you send me 14,000 i'll send you a wicked car.

PM me for details. Must use money order.

ZorroAMG
09-09-2009, 05:57 PM
OP, you are an idiot. Buying online DOES work like that but if you are buying something worth 14K, whats a few hundred more to fly down???

No sympathy here....

Power_Of_Rotary
09-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
OP, you are an idiot. Buying online DOES work like that but if you are buying something worth 14K, whats a few hundred more to fly down???

No sympathy here....

+1

there are so many scams online where money is sent first. and u waited this long before even asking people for help in ur situation. Fail

BlackArcher101
09-09-2009, 11:06 PM
These custom agents you talked to... was the contact info perhaps given by the scammer? (do you see where I'm going with this?)

boycottdrifttun
09-10-2009, 12:39 PM
first of all.....FUCK YOU ALL. like i stated for the third fucking time, i put this on here to help others from finding themselves in this position... shut your fuckin yippie mouths. i dont need this shit. i contacted customs people at the port in vancouver, they said they cleared cars for him, it was legit. nuff said you faggot ass muther fucker. last time i try and look out for people. its called a heads up. thats all. but you dumb fucks arent worth my time. i hope you all get jacked. you say this story doesnt add up, fuck your self, thats what went down. i was a fool for sending the money, whats done is done, wish i could go back and not send it, but when your blinded by the car of your dreams you believe what you want to believe. this being my first issue with purchasing online out of hundreds.

p.s.: im not asking for anyones sympathy, just want to ruin this guy.

pps: eat a fucking dick all you fools who dont know what a little headz up is.

fuckin clowns

SJW
09-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Are you the same guy that wrote this?

OyxNgnQ9m30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyxNgnQ9m30

Ruggzy_McTuggz
09-10-2009, 12:51 PM
first of all.....FUCK YOU ALL. like i stated for the third fucking time, i put this on here to help others from finding themselves in this position... shut your fuckin yippie mouths. i dont need this shit. i contacted customs people at the port in vancouver, they said they cleared cars for him, it was legit. nuff said you faggot ass muther fucker. last time i try and look out for people. its called a heads up. thats all. but you dumb fucks arent worth my time. i hope you all get jacked. you say this story doesnt add up, fuck your self, thats what went down. i was a fool for sending the money, whats done is done, wish i could go back and not send it, but when your blinded by the car of your dreams you believe what you want to believe. this being my first issue with purchasing online out of hundreds.

fuckin clowns

Wow classy response... I see what you are saying, but grow the eff up you child.

boycottdrifttun
09-10-2009, 01:00 PM
thats how pissed off i am man, trying to look out for people and you get clowned on. imma tell it how it is. and thats how i feel bout all you fuckin jokers who cant just be like... thanks for the heads up. all i was trying to do. if you were to say that shit to me in person, that would be my response, so thats what i wrote.
whateves tho, im an honest man, and scammers really get under my skin. they should do jail time in my opinion.

bubbley
09-10-2009, 01:36 PM

fuckin clowns

:rofl: only fools need a heads up like this..why buy a car and not check it out...foolio

boycottdrifttun
09-10-2009, 03:02 PM
fuck me, i dont have time for this shit. cross canada isnt exactly a short trip nor a cheap one.
anyway, im done.
everyone's a critic.

jazzyb
09-10-2009, 04:00 PM
why don't u contact the policia

Mar
09-11-2009, 10:10 AM
I have a link to post for you to get your money back, I used them when I got jacked for an air ride suspension from a guy in Virginia. 2 weeks after writing them I had the stuff on my doorstep.

But since you're being such a jerk I won't post it. Try being nicer to people next time, people will be nicer to you.

ZorroAMG
09-11-2009, 10:24 AM
fuck me, i dont have time for this shit. cross canada isnt exactly a short trip nor a cheap one.

Cheaper than 14k I bet!

calgarygts
09-11-2009, 10:37 AM
holy, who pissed in everyone's cornflakes? I say good luck, silly move to give money but it sucks nonetheless.

Weird how this site will be so proud about being 'beyond CSI' and helping someone, and be such a bunch of dicks to someone else.

Jeremiah
09-11-2009, 10:53 AM
imma tell it like it is

kevie88
09-11-2009, 10:56 AM
wow.. this thread is going in the bin I think.

VWEvo
09-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Wow, I was so close to sending $14k to some guy off the internet, thank god I saw this thread. I never knew the internet had dishonest people :thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
09-11-2009, 02:50 PM

fuckin clowns

First off , dont come into a forum and start throwing out words and calling people dumb fucks.... You might want to think about that yourself , since you are the one in this situation.. aka you seem to be the "dumb fuck".

People have tried to get the story straight , and you just blow up on them.. So dont come back to Beyond.ca , you are not wanted here. 99 percent of the people know not to send money to a random who has a car. Should we also warn them about emails from long lost kings in Nigeria who need help getting a lost fortune ? :facepalm:

hellopeople
05-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Ruggzy_McTuggz

Wow classy response... I see what you are saying, but grow the eff up you child. :banghead:

Sounds like you have an anger problem. Any business person would have a difficult time talking to you if this is how you communicate. Totally unprofessional dude.

Anyway - looked up all the sites you gave - looks like you are are the only one reposting the same site over and over again all over the place. All the other ones posted aren't legit (saying he lives in Flordia and all kinds of other crap that isn't true)- cuz I know this guy personally, know his family well and have done business with him and even been to drifting competitions where his cars have been featured. He has MANY very happy customers, and return customers.

Get your facts straight. Maybe the problem is people can't communicate with you.

J.M.
05-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by hellopeople
:banghead:

Sounds like you have an anger problem. Any business person would have a difficult time talking to you if this is how you communicate. Totally unprofessional dude.

Anyway - looked up all the sites you gave - looks like you are are the only one reposting the same site over and over again all over the place. All the other ones posted aren't legit (saying he lives in Flordia and all kinds of other crap that isn't true)- cuz I know this guy personally, know his family well and have done business with him and even been to drifting competitions where his cars have been featured. He has MANY very happy customers, and return customers.

Get your facts straight. Maybe the problem is people can't communicate with you.

:whocares: :closed:

B20EF
05-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by hellopeople
:banghead:

So you're hater and importer? Somewhat useful way to get your name out there.

BrianLaarvs
05-09-2010, 11:54 AM
why wouldnt this kid import through somebody closer to him. lol. that way he could see the car and negotiate in an office. lol.

lolololol. no sympathy. lolol

psycoticclown
05-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Why hello Jeremy Boddy.

CUG
05-09-2010, 02:54 PM
A fucking idiot and his money is soon departed. I'm angry as hell for you OP, and I don't think nailing you to the wall is appropriate at this time, but mother of jesus, what where you... Edit: Nevermind, I see he was dully moderated.

BerserkerCatSplat
05-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown
Why hello Jeremy Boddy.

Shit, that's actually his name? I thought you were just making a joke about that guy who always gets killed in Clue.

StreetRacerX
05-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Time to stalk, no?
Victim Facebook Group (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=156183147358&ref=search&sid=828230579.1998127061..1)

banned3x
05-09-2010, 03:53 PM
what a dumbass!! who sends money to a random starnger and who pays for 14k for a skyline? :facepalm:

Spoons
05-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Sounds like someone wanted beyond as his personal army.

Never the less a few people jumped on the flame waggon. Stay classy beyond.

chkolny541
05-09-2010, 10:42 PM
and for the other sacastic remarks, it was a 91 skyline with 70k kms. im not a retard

but when your blinded by the car of your dreams

lolololol "91 skyline" and "dream car" shouldnt be used together,

so your a 16 year old teen father?

Spoons
05-10-2010, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by chkolny541

lolololol "91 skyline" and "dream car" shouldnt be used together,

so your a 16 year old teen father?

:rofl: for trying to buy a 91 Skyline with 70k for 14k.

CUG
05-10-2010, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Spoons

:rofl: for trying to buy a 91 Skyline with 70k for 14k. No kidding, they're as common as a cavalier. I'm not sure I ever thought one of them looked cool. That might just be my poor taste though.

btimbit
05-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by CUG
No kidding, they're as common as a cavalier. I'm not sure I ever thought one of them looked cool. That might just be my poor taste though.

I think they're cool, but every kid and his dog has one of the damn things

Spoons
05-10-2010, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by btimbit

I think they're cool, but every kid and his dog has one of the damn things

I would buy one... but not for 14k. I've seen decent 91 Skylines with roughly the same amount of km's go for ~$6000. Lightly modded as well.

slinkie
05-11-2010, 01:37 AM
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2747/tldrcolin.jpg