PDA

View Full Version : My RX7 With gunmetal rims (polished lip)

redline_13000
11-10-2003, 04:12 AM
Just painted them the other day, looks unreal in Gunmetal imo. I was gonna go bronze but couldn't find the paint. What do you guys thinks?

redline_13000
11-10-2003, 04:12 AM
another view

redline_13000
11-10-2003, 04:13 AM
front angle

buh_buh
11-10-2003, 04:26 AM
I don't see a polished lip :dunno:
But looks good

redline_13000
11-10-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
I don't see a polished lip :dunno:
But looks good

Well not really polished, it's silver:dunno: , doesnt really show in the pics they dont do justice

pinoyhero
11-10-2003, 06:35 AM
Nice choice on color of rims.

Wildcat
11-10-2003, 09:39 AM
nice nice nice

littledan
11-10-2003, 09:56 AM
nice work man!

SinisterProbeGt
11-10-2003, 10:04 AM
Damm man your car is really comming together.
Looks very nice
Now just lower that thing in the summer and your good to go

Gondi Stylez
11-10-2003, 11:13 AM
looks really good!

tegdream
11-10-2003, 11:17 AM
sweet

slam that biotch

Kamen
11-10-2003, 03:34 PM
nice man!
I thought you needed to sell it though?

SickBastard
11-10-2003, 10:08 PM
Looks much better. I did my probe rims in gunmetal.

Redlyne_mr2
11-10-2003, 10:53 PM
So nice man, looks awesome

MK3HKS
11-10-2003, 10:57 PM
nice job redline_13000:thumbsup:

they look way better in person :bigpimp:

CivicDXR
11-11-2003, 01:57 AM
lookin good... did u use the Duplicolor paint?

markeese180sx
11-11-2003, 05:39 AM
lol look at the signs on the walls and instructions..so many arrows..oh yeah nice rims!..or and civicdxr...ur civic looks good

ExtremeSi
11-12-2003, 12:51 AM
I want your car

Weapon_R
11-12-2003, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by ExtremeSi
I want your car

Trade him! He's looking for a Honda

redline_13000
11-12-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by ExtremeSi
I want your car

i need to sell mine man, buy it!!

ExtremeSi
11-14-2003, 05:16 PM
Are you interested in a trade at all?

GT2NV
11-14-2003, 06:46 PM
looks nice man, gj

cocoabrova
11-14-2003, 06:50 PM
The GM looks just as good as the bronze would've looked....:thumbsup: I see I'm not the only one that goes to that carwash that late:rofl:

redline_13000
11-15-2003, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
The GM looks just as good as the bronze would've looked....:thumbsup: I see I'm not the only one that goes to that carwash that late:rofl:

Ya i didn't think the gunmetal would look this good...i dont think iv'e been to that carwash before 1 am :eek:

hjr
11-15-2003, 12:40 PM
it looks really good considering the wheels... ya, there not a nice looking wheel, but you made it work. props to ya!

chris
11-21-2003, 05:47 PM
nice car.... check your pms

CalgarySS
11-21-2003, 05:58 PM
Hmmm. Could you fit a small block chevy in that?

Email me your phone number.

Gord at [email protected]

redline_13000
11-21-2003, 10:46 PM
I heard a bunch of people do the 302 ford swap. Im not sure about the chevy though:dunno:

rx7_turbo2
11-22-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by CalgarySS
Hmmm. Could you fit a small block chevy in that?

Email me your phone number.

Gord at [email protected]

You could put a small block Chev in there, but why?

CalgarySS
11-22-2003, 03:25 PM
Here is a good website detailing the swap here.
http://members.tripod.com/~grannys/rx7.html

Lol Because I have a couple smallblocks kicking around and I can get 400 hp from a SBC much more readily then I can from a rotary.

skandalz
11-22-2003, 07:55 PM
hey sweet ride man. just wondering if it's a 2 seater??

MK3HKS
11-22-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by skandalz
hey sweet ride man. just wondering if it's a 2 seater??

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

skandalz
11-22-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by MK3HKS

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

thanks for the info

redline_13000
11-22-2003, 09:28 PM
ya 2 seater

CalgarySS
11-22-2003, 09:48 PM
So did you sell it? What should I offer?

Wookey
11-23-2003, 05:22 PM
what kinda paint did you use? where'd you get the paint? do you have a paint code for it? PM Please.. I need to paint my FC wheels as well. hehe

rx7_turbo2
11-23-2003, 07:36 PM
Here is a good website detailing the swap here.
http://members.tripod.com/~grannys/rx7.html

Lol Because I have a couple smallblocks kicking around and I can get 400 hp from a SBC much more readily then I can from a rotary.

I know the swap is relatively common. Most people who go that route are usually just misinformed about the rotary. But if you have lots of small blocks lying around and no rotary knowledge, then your right it's probably easier for you to do that type of swap.

CalgarySS
11-29-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

I know the swap is relatively common. Most people who go that route are usually just misinformed about the rotary. But if you have lots of small blocks lying around and no rotary knowledge, then your right it's probably easier for you to do that type of swap.

Agreed. It is pretty rare that I bump into high performance rotaries.

What kind of power levels are poeple gettin out of these things with stock internals? Or should I say internal...

Maxt
11-29-2003, 08:58 PM
I just finished dyno tuning a built to the hilt smallblock chev, with very little expense spared... I will say this, its cheaper and easier to make 400 rwhp out of a rotary than it is a small block chev...
I can make over 400 rwhp on all stock internals with a 13b, even with stock manifolds, you would be hard pressed to do that with any brand of small block..
The engine I worked on today was built with premium components and by one of Calgarys more well known shops, they eaked out just over 300 rwhp with it, I got it to just over 360 rwhp...
I don't see the small block advantage anywhere, its not cheaper, its not easier, the engine wieghs more, a 400 rwhp smallbblock is not going to be that streetable , its gonna suck gas like mad....
I love v-8's as well, but with what can be done with a rotary, there is no reason to put a v-8 in a rx-7....Maxt

redx2nv
11-29-2003, 09:22 PM
Hmmm, the one thing chev has that the rotary doesnt is TORQUE :eek:

Originally posted by Maxt

I love v-8's as well, but with what can be done with a rotary, there is no reason to put a v-8 in a rx-7....Maxt

CalgarySS
11-29-2003, 10:15 PM
I just finished dyno tuning a built to the hilt smallblock chev, with very little expense spared... I will say this, its cheaper and easier to make 400 rwhp out of a rotary than it is a small block chev...
I can make over 400 rwhp on all stock internals with a 13b, even with stock manifolds, you would be hard pressed to do that with any brand of small block..
The engine I worked on today was built with premium components and by one of Calgarys more well known shops, they eaked out just over 300 rwhp with it, I got it to just over 360 rwhp...
I don't see the small block advantage anywhere, its not cheaper, its not easier, the engine wieghs more, a 400 rwhp smallbblock is not going to be that streetable , its gonna suck gas like mad....

Sounds pretty impressive. Forgive my ignorance but, rotaries are out of my area of expertise. I have got 378rwtq out of my 4.3 V6 so I am somewhat biased towards a more traditional SBC approach and the larger torque numbers attainable.

What kind of times do these cars run?

redline_13000
11-30-2003, 12:40 AM

Sounds pretty impressive. Forgive my ignorance but, rotaries are out of my area of expertise. I have got 378rwtq out of my 4.3 V6

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drool: :drool:

Maxt
11-30-2003, 08:59 AM

Sounds pretty impressive. Forgive my ignorance but, rotaries are out of my area of expertise. I have got 378rwtq out of my 4.3 V6 so I am somewhat biased towards a more traditional SBC approach and the larger torque numbers attainable.

What kind of times do these cars run?

I could probably tell you what times the car will run if race city wasn't such a bunch of navel gazing dickheads...(I got turned away at tech over my sealed battery located in my rear storage bin, which I do not intend to change for them)....
I do have a g-tech which I have played with but got strange readings from it , it indicates mid 15's with 125 mph trap speeds, which is way out to whack..
Your average turbo rx-7 will run 14-15's with around 180-250 rwhp on mostly stock components...
If you turn up the wick with a large turbo, street driven cars can see 11's on stock engine parts.. Right now I am somewhere north of 400 rwhp and 300 ft/lbs' of torque, the only aftermarket part in the motor is the apex seals.....
The main problem I see with the SBC approach, is that by the time you build a motor that will turn 400 rwhp, and then adapt it, screw with the suspension to accomodate it, enough money and time would have been spent to probably build a 500-600 rwhp rotary...
I know there is a guy driving around with a crate motor in a rx-7, his car is somwhere around 400 flywheel hp, and its supposedly pretty damn fast, and it eats up alot of other cars at the autocross events, I would not attribute this to the motor in the car though, mostly the fact that he has replaced every suspension part in the car with the best of the best aftermarkt parts,it has upgraded brakes as well, and he is probably a better driver than others,however I would tend to think with a highpower rotary, his car would be faster than it is now...Maxt

CalgarySS
11-30-2003, 10:59 AM

I could probably tell you what times the car will run if race city wasn't such a bunch of navel gazing dickheads...(I got turned away at tech over my sealed battery located in my rear storage bin, which I do not intend to change for them)....
I do have a g-tech which I have played with but got strange readings from it , it indicates mid 15's with 125 mph trap speeds, which is way out to whack..
Your average turbo rx-7 will run 14-15's with around 180-250 rwhp on mostly stock components...
If you turn up the wick with a large turbo, street driven cars can see 11's on stock engine parts.. Right now I am somewhere north of 400 rwhp and 300 ft/lbs' of torque, the only aftermarket part in the motor is the apex seals.....

I checked out some of your previous threads and it seems that you did get a pretty raw deal in the tech lineup.

Don't give up, jump through a couple hoops and bring that monster to the track next season.

It is interesting for us traditional minded drag racers to confront the occaisional blistering fast import.

One of the best moments of last year for me was spent in the stands. ( I seldom watch, I would rather be warm in the vehicle that I am racing) I assume you all are familar with the white Civic hatchback that ran 13s? I must say that one of my next projects will be a boosted import.

11s on stock internals eh? Hmmmm.

Maxt
11-30-2003, 11:13 AM
Yeah I know, alot of people want me to go down the track,however the track would like me to modify my car to race car specs in order to run it, which I have no intention of doing, my car is a street car, I built it for the street, and I don't want to butcher it by putting a big metal box in the back of the car, or a battery kill switch on the rear bumper.. As far as I am concerned, race city will never see my face again until they lay off scrutinizing street cars with NHRA drag car rules.. Although I fully intend to go up to Edmonton Next year..
For internals, there is little to none internal aftermarket parts available for the rotary, so really even the Rx-7.com guys and Puerto Rican's like rafealito who are deep in the 8's are running on stock internals...We have no choice but to run mazda rotors/housings/e-shafts....
There is alot of prep one can do to them.. MY motor is full ported, which is alot like putting in great big cam etc etc... But really its done on stock parts... Even my turbo is stock, really, stock on a 8.8 litre ford diesel, but still a stock part,,,:D ...Maxt

finboy
11-30-2003, 12:20 PM
Yeah I know, alot of people want me to go down the track,however the track would like me to modify my car to race car specs in order to run it, which I have no intention of doing, my car is a street car, I built it for the street, and I don't want to butcher it by putting a big metal box in the back of the car, or a battery kill switch on the rear bumper.. As far as I am concerned, race city will never see my face again until they lay off scrutinizing street cars with NHRA drag car rules.. Although I fully intend to go up to Edmonton Next year..
For internals, there is little to none internal aftermarket parts available for the rotary, so really even the Rx-7.com guys and Puerto Rican's like rafealito who are deep in the 8's are running on stock internals...We have no choice but to run mazda rotors/housings/e-shafts....
There is alot of prep one can do to them.. MY motor is full ported, which is alot like putting in great big cam etc etc... But really its done on stock parts... Even my turbo is stock, really, stock on a 8.8 litre ford diesel, but still a stock part,,,:D ...Maxt

why not locate the kill switch behind the licence plate, and just remove the plate for track use?

Maxt
11-30-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by finboy

why not locate the kill switch behind the licence plate, and just remove the plate for track use?
There is no room behind the license plate to do that, I am not going to carve up my car just to run at race city, I have no other need to make it NHRA legal...
They should just make sure the car is roadworthy, instead they expect alot of the cars to be equipped like a top fuel dragster to run.. Actually thats not totally true, some of the domestic shitboxes that were driven by people that seemed to be on a first name basis with the tech inspectors, couldn't pass a 13 point inspection at midas, yet they were allowed to race... Guess I have to start racing a camaro or a polara and change my name to cletus, then tech would go alot easier....Maxt

Maxt
11-30-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by redx2nv
Hmmm, the one thing chev has that the rotary doesnt is TORQUE :eek:

A fellow rx-7 owner I know from Texas just broke 400 ft/lbs at the rear wheels on a single turbo/2 rotor combination... There are diesels in trucks that don't make that kinda torque.... My own car makes around 300 ft/lbs on street boost levels(12 psi).... I know some of the n/a cars and older 7's don't make a ton of torque, but thats also why rx-7's are not 5000 lbs and can still be a moderatly quick car...Maxt

shakil
12-16-2003, 08:25 PM
car still for sale still?? i really want a RX7!! whats ure gas mileage on a full tank? on normal driving?

SAiamNE
12-19-2003, 05:45 PM
Rotarys are known for pretty bad fuel mileage and i believe he sold it.