PDA

View Full Version : Need help decoding woman speak gibberish.

spikerS
09-08-2009, 08:04 AM
OK, wife and I are looking to buy a travel trailer, and we were contacted by a lady wishing to sell hers. She has described the trailer as follows:

the pull trailer is a 1976 19foot Holiday travier/air streams competition in 1976! Anyway I dont have anyway to send pics right now.

I am trying to find out what kind of trailer this is, and find some sort of referance pics on the net.

Was hoping some of you may have some more experience with trailers and able to decipher this cryptic message and possibly find some photos of said beastie.

Cheers!

ExtraSlow
09-08-2009, 08:28 AM
I think she's trying to tell you that it's "like" an airstream trailer, made by their competition. She could be trying to type Holiday Traveler, or Holiday trailer.

spikerS
09-08-2009, 08:32 AM
i was kinda thinking that too, but not sure. I have been googling different things, but nothing is popping out at me.

Isaiah
09-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Can you not find a good deal on something that's not 33 years old?

spikerS
09-08-2009, 08:58 AM
well, if you can point me in the direction of one that I can get for under $1500, I would be happy to take a gander.

unfortunately, i am not one of Beyond's millionaires, so until I am, I have to make do.

Grogador
09-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Travelaire brand?

BerserkerCatSplat
09-08-2009, 10:03 AM
She's saying it's a 1975 Travelaire, 19', possibly a "Holiday" model (may have been a trim package, or she could just mean "holiday trailer"). She's also saying that Travelaire was a competitor brand to Airstream at the time it was new, though in my experience that would be like saying Ford is a competitor brand to Bentley because they both happen to make cars.

Either way, Travelaire's aren't terrible trailers, my family had one for years.

sputnik
09-08-2009, 10:09 AM
LOL at the Travelaire to Airstream comparison.

spikerS
09-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
She's saying it's a 1975 Travelaire, 19', possibly a "Holiday" model (may have been a trim package, or she could just mean "holiday trailer"). She's also saying that Travelaire was a competitor brand to Airstream at the time it was new, though in my experience that would be like saying Ford is a competitor brand to Bentley because they both happen to make cars.

Either way, Travelaire's aren't terrible trailers, my family had one for years.

nicely done, gives me a point to start some research on!

you must be a hit with the ladies lol

Isaiah
09-09-2009, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by spikers
well, if you can point me in the direction of one that I can get for under $1500, I would be happy to take a gander.

unfortunately, i am not one of Beyond's millionaires, so until I am, I have to make do.
Fair enough, my apologies. I didn't know there was anyone on the site with a sub $1M net worth. Nice to know I'm not the only peasant here.

AndyL
09-09-2009, 09:05 AM
There's also reasoning to looking for the old RVs; the 70's vintage ones typically have capacities that are functional with a family & not having hookups... After 1980 +/- capacity on tanks started diminishing to the point where you couldn't go long without hookups / packing up to head to a sani-dump...

I can go ~10 days (+ 2 ladies) in my camper before water and black tank levels need attention - in a modern camper, we'd be lucky to get 4 days... TT's MH's suffered the same fate as we've seen as we've been looking to upgrade.

So unless you like RV parking lots - there's a damn good reason to look at the older ones..