PDA

View Full Version : 3 hour interviews

copynpaste
09-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Have you ever had a temp agency contact you after you applying to one of their posted jobs, asking you to go in for the first screen process and you have to take some tests, and it all takes 3hrs (they let you know this before going in). 3hrs is a big ridiculous if you ask me.

TDFTW
09-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Yep. and then these so called temp places never find you any fucking work. I've gone through 9 of them, not a single job, not even a 1 day temp job at a damn warehouse haha

Graham_A_M
09-10-2009, 06:14 PM
^Hey Dave, if your interested in some concierge work at a residential high rise, let me know. Guaranteed no lay-offs and FT work.
EDIT: kind of odd we have the same post/day count :rofl:

But yeah a long time ago when I had to go to IS2 since two separate (so called guaranteed) job offers didn't pan out.
I had a 2-3 hour interview too. Its just so the temp agency doesn't send a completely incompetitant person for a given job. Just basic skills training.

superboss
09-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by TDFTW
Yep. and then these so called temp places never find you any fucking work. I've gone through 9 of them, not a single job, not even a 1 day temp job at a damn warehouse haha
I agree,,

Amysicle
09-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Eh, depends on what your skills are and what you're looking for. I find it can help get your foot in the door with a good company with the potential to move up. It probably is harder to get a job through a temp agency these days because they have so many people to choose from.

TDFTW
09-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^Hey Dave, if your interested in some concierge work at a residential high rise, let me know. Guaranteed no lay-offs and FT work.
EDIT: kind of odd we have the same post/day count :rofl:

But yeah a long time ago when I had to go to IS2 since two separate (so called guaranteed) job offers didn't pan out.
I had a 2-3 hour interview too. Its just so the temp agency doesn't send a completely incompetitant person for a given job. Just basic skills training. Hey man. Lets redo your shoot this week ok? I just bought a new lens.

msommers
09-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Copynpaste, I have to ask you a serious question. Are you currently working at 1 job, more than one job, or unemployed?

benz_890
09-11-2009, 05:28 PM

Originally posted by msommers
Copynpaste, I have to ask you a serious question. Are you currently working at 1 job, more than one job, or unemployed?

:werd:

Graham_A_M
09-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Hey man. Lets redo your shoot this week ok? I just bought a new lens.

Sure I have to get my car from stealership first, should be good to go mid week I hope. but yeah, the nice weather is fading fast. :(

ExtraSlow
09-11-2009, 10:02 PM
I worked for a temp agency when i was looking for my "real" job. I had all the warehouse and night shift work i wanted, and I never did any three hour interview. I think I did thier online WHIMS test, which took ten minutes, and had a fifteen minute chat with their office girl.
Easy peasy.
That was with adecco, abut five years ago.

I've had some poor success with headhunters, but that wasn't for temp work, that was for full time 100k engineering positions.

megafandrew
09-15-2009, 02:26 AM

Did you read my mind, same fucking thing happened to me and believe me for the job I was qualified and was still working at the time as well. Did the screening, passed easily did well in the interview and never heard a thing. They even called me up again later (couple months later) with another job and the same thing happened! Stay away from a majority of these places