PDA

View Full Version : 250th anniversary of Canadas French war.

ZenOps
09-11-2009, 05:05 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31377630

Taken from the slightly skewed viewpoint of the US.

Should we be re-enacting all the battles? It is a strong part of Canadas' history, Louisiana is basically the way it is because of the Canadian British defeating and pushing all the French down into the lower US states.

There are some that say its best forgotten, and will only bring up anti-Canadian sentiment like the FLQ.

Fort Niagra is still an impressive building, you can see the ancient roman architecture in its courtyard design (and defendability) It wasn't all that long ago - that Calgary was "Fort Calgary" either.

"The acquisition of Canada this year, as far as the neighborhood of Quebec, will be a mere matter of marching, and will give us the experience for the attack on Halifax, the next and final expulsion of England from the American continent." - Thomas Jefferson 1812.

projekz
09-11-2009, 07:08 AM
I can see where this is going:facepalm:

JRSC00LUDE
09-11-2009, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by projekz
I can see where this is going:facepalm:

I'm unable to see the Rob Anders connection yet so there much be some sort of tinhat paranoia coming....

kertejud2
09-11-2009, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

I'm unable to see the Rob Anders connection yet so there much be some sort of tinhat paranoia coming....

Had Rob Anders been commanding the British forces it is likely that Montcalm would have prevailed. Which brings us to the point of the Chinese....