PDA

View Full Version : Telus 3.5G HSDPA is apparently operational

ryanallan
09-12-2009, 10:32 AM
according to this: http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/05/15/telus-to-soft-launch-gsm-network-in-fall-2009/ the Telus 3.5G network is up and running and in a testing phase.
The full offering should be ready in time for the Olympics.

I cant wait for more mobile competition in Canada !

zipdoa
09-12-2009, 10:41 AM
ya, this is why their network currently has so many provisioning issues. they are having a real hard time integrating it with the CDMA network.

dino_martini
09-12-2009, 03:27 PM
I think there have been some set backs and its not fully operational yet. That article is from March. I think the new soft launch date is sometime in October.

crewchaud
09-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
I think there have been some set backs and its not fully operational yet. That article is from March. I think the new soft launch date is sometime in October.

All major city centers are fully operational and is currently being tested by both Telus & Bell. All rural cell sites are scheduled to be complete by the latest end of Q2 2010 (tentatively)

Offical HSPA training for both carriers dealers starts this coming Monday and will be on going for the next couple of weeks. Each company is hoping to have 3 HSPA handsets launched by Christmas.

ryanallan
09-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini

read the comments in the link, some guy's iPhone is roaming on the Telus network ...

AA2001
09-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Theirs been testing been going on in calgary. Their was an associate that worked for bell that had seen that his phone was switching from 1XEV to HSPA during early mornings. Been trying to see if i could do it on my berry but i didn't see anything.

GoChris
09-12-2009, 09:14 PM
ya, no new news here. many peoples phones will switch to the bellus network because it's stronger than rogers. but you can't use it yet.