PDA

View Full Version : I got a ticket....need help fast please!

noyzz_boyzz
11-10-2003, 11:01 PM
ok, so I park my car at night after work near my house and I wake up in the morning to find guess what? a $75 ticket slaped (that's Voluntary payment or $100 for set fine payment) on my windshield....I was really pissed...the ticket was for "Park vehicle near designated fire route".....the thing is there no f**kin sign that says its a fire route but there is two yellow poles near the garbage bin....except a fire hydrant which is 30 meters away from where I have parked...lots of people park at the spot I park and never get a ticket...could I dispute the charge or am I at fault?

please help me out fast!!

thanks!

noyzz_boyzz
11-11-2003, 04:51 PM
no one can help me?........:(

Melinda
11-11-2003, 04:56 PM
You can always try to dispute a ticket no matter what it's for. Just go in and say there was no clear sign saying that it was a fie route. If they say something about the yellow poles, say you didnt know what that meant :dunno: good luck!

noyzz_boyzz
11-11-2003, 05:00 PM
^thanks....any other options?

rage2
11-11-2003, 05:03 PM
Since there's no demerits on a parking ticket, what other options are you looking for?

Either dispute it so you don't have to pay, or pay it. Not sure what you're trying to ask.

403Gemini
11-11-2003, 05:35 PM
Melinda's got pretty much the only suggestion you can use.

Khyron
11-11-2003, 05:57 PM
Take pictures.

Khyron

BigMass
11-12-2003, 09:14 AM
wha the fuck is a fire route? That's a new one.

Davetronz
11-12-2003, 09:15 AM
Common knowledge, two yellow poles = no park fire regulated zone.
I will try to find teh legislation.

Daver

rc2002
11-12-2003, 09:47 AM
Hahaha. Kick down one of the poles, and then take pictures and say it wasn't marked properly.

noyzz_boyzz
11-12-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Hahaha. Kick down one of the poles, and then take pictures and say it wasn't marked properly.

lol....i'll do that...:thumbsup: ...:clap:

rice_eater
11-12-2003, 04:01 PM
and you can't say that you didn't know what that means coz ignorance isn't an excuse...they might even give you a lecture on it and say how you're supposed to know this for you liscense test bla bla bal

link785
11-12-2003, 04:02 PM
Just so you know, saying "I didn't know that" won't get you off the ticket, as you're expected to know that kinda stuff. Same like saying you didn't know front window tint is illegal, you'll still get a fine for it.

audipardner
11-29-2003, 12:47 PM
hey buddy... link is right...you gotta have a better excuse than "I didnt know thats what those stupid poles are for!"
Ignorance is no excuse in front of these old geyzer judge types...

what you need to do is come up with something smarter....hell I know ppl who have even gone to court and said shit like "UHH I'm still in university and can't pay such a big fine" and got it reduced...

Basically, you should try to get the fine reduced as getting rid of it outright would be difficult.

You know what, go check out one of those POintts guys... don't get them for anything coz it will cost you more than the ticket!
plus its not something that counts against your record (unlike a speeding ticket) I dont think...

anyhow, go in to the pointts/ xcopper ppl and talk to em...u can talk for 30 mins free usually...and they can tell you more about it than any of us here prolly :)

one thing I would check before anything is make sure all info on that ticket is correct...eg. things like ur car info, municipality etc etc

well good luck...let us know how it turns out!

kaput
11-29-2003, 04:31 PM

noyzz_boyzz
11-29-2003, 06:24 PM
thanks guys........I have a court date in 3 months ..hope everything turns out well....never been to court for anything before though.....

EstoMax
11-29-2003, 08:51 PM
dude there was something like this on the news here.. exact situation u were in some lady sent got a 37$(US) parking ticket and sent 3700 pennies to the popo's in a cardboard box and they thougth it was a bomb.. big deal over that.. i think it was pretty funny, mab u should try that :D

max

carmex
12-01-2003, 01:21 PM
Take pictures of the scence and take it to court. If there is no designated sign and people park there all the time, then more than likely you will be let off. Take pictures of other people parking there too. Evidence could save ya.

VWhooligan
12-01-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by noyzz_boyzz
thanks guys........I have a court date in 3 months ..hope everything turns out well....never been to court for anything before though.....

i just got a parking ticket I wish to dispute, where/how do you go about getting a court date?

Khyron
12-01-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by VWhooligan

i just got a parking ticket I wish to dispute, where/how do you go about getting a court date?

Your F&F parking ways will land you in jail Mister! Smarten up!

Khyron

szw
12-01-2003, 07:18 PM
do fire hydrants need a sign saying no parking within 5m? i got a ticket for parking too close to one....there is a pole right next to the hydrant but no sign on it...however I didn't notice either of them since I thought I was parking at a meter, but i was parked in front of the meter! didn't even think that i was in the wrong spot...

worst part is..i put money in!

carmex
12-01-2003, 07:46 PM
You do not have to go to a provincial judge in front of a jury to dispute a ticket. You can simply go into the courthouse on your specified court date and talk to a lawyer. You dont have to make reservations, just go on the set date. Also, on the back of the ticket, it should say that if you wish to plead "not guilty", you have to appear to a provincial court on that set date.:clap:

VWhooligan
12-01-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Khyron

Your F&F parking ways will land you in jail Mister! Smarten up!

Khyron

;(

Khyron
12-01-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by szw
do fire hydrants need a sign saying no parking within 5m? i got a ticket for parking too close to one....there is a pole right next to the hydrant but no sign on it...however I didn't notice either of them since I thought I was parking at a meter, but i was parked in front of the meter! didn't even think that i was in the wrong spot...

worst part is..i put money in!

Yah man, it's in your driving manual. 5m. Sign not required.

Khyron

carmex
12-02-2003, 12:35 AM
Pay the damn 75 bucks!