PDA

View Full Version : wiring 2 dvc subs

tegdream
11-10-2003, 11:06 PM
can someone show me (wiring diagram) how to wire 2 DVC subs into a box, usin a 2 channel amp.....i dont know how to epxlain but but there will one red/black for each sub comming out of the box?

tegdream
11-10-2003, 11:28 PM
ok

2 DVC subs, 4ohms + 4 ohms each

amp is 1/2 channel
npow according to its specs
RMS @ 4 ohms is 250X1ch
RMS @ 2 ohms is 375X1ch

what is the best way to wire this

to my understanding i should

wire a + and - ot each other on each subs and them connect the + of the other coil to both subs and then the amp, same with the -
???

ryder_23
11-11-2003, 12:16 AM
well if ur amp is 1 channel 4 ohm stable

run the subs on a series together, then bridge both subs together....that will make 4ohm....cause series will make (8ohm) per sub, then bridged together they make 4ohms.

i think series if i remember correctly(forgive me been a long time since i workd with stereos) is for 1 sub + - and - + then take - from both subs put together, then + from both subs together, then goto amp and that should be 4ohm...i hope this makes sense, and please correct me if i'm wrong

Moonracer
11-11-2003, 12:31 AM
How many ohm's are each voice coil? 2 or 4 ohm
Let me get the rest correct here......the amp is 2 channel and as for this
RMS @ 4 ohms is 250X1ch
RMS @ 2 ohms is 375X1ch
that rating is for each of the two channels? Sorry I'm anal and need to be exact....lol

Team_Mclaren
11-11-2003, 01:02 AM
im new to stero shit, what do ohm's do? i know their resistance (taking physics). what how would u know if you're running 2 or 4 ohm?

Moonracer
11-11-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
im new to stero shit, what do ohm's do? i know their resistance (taking physics). what how would u know if you're running 2 or 4 ohm?

Smartass comment first....the spec sheet should tell you but generally car speakers are 4 ohms and home audio speakers are for the most part 8 ohms. There are some exceptions of course. If you are still unsure then you can measure it with an ohm meter or vom meter, the latter is just a multi meter.