PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear to end soon ?

Redlyne_mr2
09-13-2009, 11:09 AM
http://www.zerotohundred.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/top-gear.jpg
Everything has to come to an end, there’s no exception. Top Gear is regarded by many to be the best car program of all time but now according to reports that we came across, even that is due to end at any time. But it just won’t end that way, it will go out with a bang.
Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond aka Hamster has revealed that he, James May, and Jeremy Clarkson have discussed how the show should go out. There are a number of ways that have been discussed but what we can really expect is, the show to end when it’s at its best.
Hammond visions the end to be just like any other regular Top Gear sign-off except that it will be the final good-bye. Instead of a show full of surprises, the biggest surprise will be that there are no more shows forthcoming.
Ending Top Gear is definately a sad thing, but don’t expect the trio of TG to disappear. The success of the show has opened other doors for Hammond, May and Clarkson and has given them status as media celebrities that makes it possible for other gigs. So TG could die off, but don’t expect the presenters to disappear. Would like to see what happens to The Stig though.

drtoohotty1
09-13-2009, 11:23 AM
After you posted this I went back and watched the vantage ending of series 13 so sad, FML what a bad way to start the day.....

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-13-2009, 11:26 AM
:cry:

Dj_Stylz
09-13-2009, 11:53 AM
What a shame. If anyone is interested i can burn season 1-13 on dvd for them. Its about 60 gig's

Hakkola
09-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Shitty, but I guess it has to end sometime.
This doesn't say the show is over though, just that they're discussing how it should end.

I don't think the show is in its prime anymore, last season had its moments, but it was not as good as the prior season.

Team_Mclaren
09-13-2009, 11:58 AM
thats speculation. Nothing says that its ending now. Just how it might end

black13
09-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Fuck whyyyyy? The show gets massive rating, and if they would actually sell the episodes on DVD/Blu-ray I'm sure they would get a shit load of more money.

EK 2.0
09-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Dj_Stylz

What a shame. If anyone is interested i can burn season 1-13 on dvd for them. Its about 60 gig's

This I might take you up on....

Renagades
09-13-2009, 06:00 PM

I would be quite interested

nissanguy
09-13-2009, 06:54 PM
What a shame. If anyone is interested i can burn season 1-13 on dvd for them. Its about 60 gig's i am interested

nissanguy
09-13-2009, 06:55 PM
thats surprising that the show is ending :dunno:

HyperZell
09-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Source?

JAYMEZ
09-13-2009, 10:15 PM
It doesnt say its ending now? BBC makes so much money on this show , I cant see them canceling it yet.

Godfuader
09-13-2009, 10:22 PM
I think alot of members would be interested in this. Maybe we should have some way to compensate your time/materials etc. Legally i dont think we could offer a monetary thank you, but maybe a case of beer? In short, I would be interested. :thumbsup:

Zero102
09-14-2009, 09:40 AM
I am sorry but Top Gear has really gone down hill for the last couple seasons. I must say though, that I do really enjoy watching some of James May's feature shows and I have always enjoyed Clarkson's. Its a shame Top Gear has gotten so weak lately because I think each of the presenters on their own (and the early-mid seasons of top gear together) are phenomenal. If that article is accurate (sources please!) then it seems to confirm there will be at least one more season of top gear. I mean, if they are discussing how it is going to end then it cannot have already ended.

Top Gear Russia is pretty good, Top Gear Australia is starting to come in to its own lately, but its a shame they have taken so many of the bad cues from the original Top Gear, the russian spin-off really has the old top gear feel to it.

Xtrema
09-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Zero102
I am sorry but Top Gear has really gone down hill for the last couple seasons. I must say though, that I do really enjoy watching some of James May's feature shows and I have always enjoyed Clarkson's. Its a shame Top Gear has gotten so weak lately because I think each of the presenters on their own (and the early-mid seasons of top gear together) are phenomenal. If that article is accurate (sources please!) then it seems to confirm there will be at least one more season of top gear. I mean, if they are discussing how it is going to end then it cannot have already ended.

Top Gear Russia is pretty good, Top Gear Australia is starting to come in to its own lately, but its a shame they have taken so many of the bad cues from the original Top Gear, the russian spin-off really has the old top gear feel to it.

When I rewatch some of the older series, I found that series 1-5 is pretty boring. Things didn't get interesting til series 6 (or is it 7?).

You can find that quote from Hamster on almost any auto related blogs. So it did come from him, but him alone.

There isn't any epic episode in series 13. I blame budget cuts.

DonJuan
09-14-2009, 10:32 AM
All good things must come to an end. I just hope that if Clarkson, May, and Hammond decide to stop doing the show, the BBC doesn't try and replace them, for the sake of making money.

I personally like the ending with the V12 Vantage. Whenever I watch it I keep thinking, that is it; the show is over for good.

At least we will still have Top Gear Australia still in English, and ugh 5th gear. FFFFFFUUUUUUU!

mr2mike
09-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Someone needs a new license plate now :burnout:

Errol.
09-14-2009, 02:56 PM
Do want!

4AGE
09-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Errol.

Do want!

I as well please and ty! :thumbsup:

Dj_Stylz
09-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Im thinking i can make one master copy and then just pass it around. Once you get it you copy it your self and then you can pass it along to the next member or pass it back to me and ill pass it around?

mr2mike
09-14-2009, 03:12 PM
I got a bunch of stuff from a buddy. I think I might have all 12 seasons from him plus the 13th that I have myself. I'll check in the next few days. I'd burn a copy in data format for people as well. Take the load off Dj_Stylz a bit and just pass it around.

Kardon
09-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Im thinking i can make one master copy and then just pass it around. Once you get it you copy it your self and then you can pass it along to the next member or pass it back to me and ill pass it around?

Could you not bring it to a store and ask for x amount of copies? Or would that be sketch because its BBC's material? I'm sure I would be able to repay you in something useful if they episodes are of decent quality

scat19
09-14-2009, 03:29 PM

How much? :clap:

Edit - saw your update. That would also work!

almerick
09-14-2009, 03:56 PM

Interested as well, I bet it was the Morris Marina club that shut them down :banghead:

nich148_9
09-14-2009, 05:40 PM
This has been taken wayyy out of context. The article in question (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/men/article6812678.ece) merely states that Hammond has thought about how the series should end. Obviously they've given some thought to that – it has to end at some point, and it's been going now for about 7 or 8 years. Hammond, and Hammond alone, is the one who would like to end it on a high (which I happen to agree with). Clarkson and Wilman have both said that they'll keep going as long as people are watching. May has said that he quite enjoys well-made ale.

They're going to do Series 14, that much we know. As for 15, time can only tell. We'll have 7 more weeks of them come November though.

:drama:

Gibson
09-16-2009, 10:52 PM
British television always ends their shows early. It's part of what keeps shows fresh over there, instead of running a show into the ground until nobody is interested anymore. What number Survivor are we on now, 19?

As much as I love Top Gear I don't really want to see it become something you dread to watch because you know it will be awful, and like somebody above said, some of the episodes in season 13 were...well, quite terrible.

arian_ma
09-16-2009, 11:56 PM
What is everyone hating on season 13 for? I thought it was awesome!

AA2001
09-17-2009, 01:28 AM
"you've given me the baby, now get in the back" - James May season 13 episode 5

I dont understand why they would stop it. Car manufacturers are still going to be making new cars, Clarkson is going to drive really fast and yell powerrrrr. Doesn't make sense to me. Hopefully they dont cancel it!

AA2001
09-17-2009, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by almerick

I bet it was the Morris Marina club that shut them down :banghead:

AHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!! THAT.....was a good one:rofl:

jonnycat
09-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Gibson
British television always ends their shows early. It's part of what keeps shows fresh over there, instead of running a show into the ground until nobody is interested anymore. What number Survivor are we on now, 19?

Coronation Street has been on since 1960. So they all don't end early.

JAYMEZ
09-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by jonnycat

Coronation Street has been on since 1960. So they all don't end early.

LOL , I was just about to say that.. hmmm 40+ years now lol

Ahhhh I can hear the damn intro song now in my head.