PDA

View Full Version : Buying/Shipping a vehicle to BC Help or info please

schmooot
09-14-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm from BC and am looking at buying a car that is currently in Calgary. Now I could drive there with a trailer and pick it up in person but I'd rather not if I can get it shipped here. Couple questions I have are:

How does transfer of ownership/insurance work?

I know in BC we get a transfer form from ICBC and the buyer and seller fill it out and sign it and carbon copies get exchanged and it is done...all that is left is for the buyer to register the vehicle within ten days. Is it similar in AB? Ideally I could get a friend to meet the seller with a transfer form (or whatever form is needed) signed by me and money and then arrange for shipping from there, is this possible?

I do realize I will need to get an inspection before I can register it in BC...that is not a problem I just need to get it here first

Second question, does anybody know of a company that will ship a vehicle to Prince George, BC for a reasonable dollar? Could anybody recommend a company or two that I could hook up with?

Like I say if I have to pay a little more for shipping but don't have to lose 2 days of driving and gas then it is a win for me.

schmooot
09-14-2009, 02:11 PM
OK I found the answer to the first question. Just a transfer form and vehicle reg and a bill of sale.

I'm still looking at getting it shipped here

FiveFreshFish
09-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Try Hansen's.

For online quote: http://www.lhf.com/quotes/quote_form.php3?t=ll

schmooot
09-14-2009, 05:35 PM
cool I'm waiting quote from them, as well as another company

thanks

schmooot
09-14-2009, 05:47 PM
ouch I wasn't expecting prices that high. Looks like I'm taking a road trip

assram
09-19-2009, 06:13 PM
what kind of prices are you getting?

what was the other company you were waiting from?

my uncle is buying a car from BC too and I need to find a way back.

schmooot
09-19-2009, 08:44 PM
I got quoted about $1200 from a couple companies. But the business I'm buying the car from said they could get it to vancouver for just under $400. Imma do that and then at least I have it in the province and I can figure out how to get it home from there