PDA

View Full Version : what is a ultra hot gaming case?

thetransporter
09-14-2009, 06:37 PM
hello i am building a gaming PC for resale featuring the QX9650 CPU. what is a ultra hot gaming case in Calgary?

Thank you.

Kardon
09-14-2009, 06:40 PM
An ultra hot gaming case would definitely be a casing built for a computer thats VERY inefficient at removing heat from things like the HDD, GPU, CPU, etc.

jsn
09-14-2009, 07:18 PM
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1898/computercase.jpg (http://img232.imageshack.us/i/computercase.jpg/)

I don't have the model number... sorry

zieg
09-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Please dont use the 900/1200

thetransporter
09-14-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Kardon
An ultra hot gaming case would definitely be a casing built for a computer thats VERY inefficient at removing heat from things like the HDD, GPU, CPU, etc.

thank you. however do you or anyone here know anyone popular ones?

thetransporter
09-14-2009, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by ZiG-87
Please dont use the 900/1200

why not?

zipdoa
09-17-2009, 10:29 AM
check out memoryexpress.com - they are local and have the best selection out of any shop in calgary.

oh and computers don't gain value, and are hardly worth more than the sum of its parts... building a gaming computer for resale is like... buying a GM for resale! but i'm sure you already know that.

spike98
09-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by zipdoa
oh and computers don't gain value, and are hardly worth more than the sum of its parts... building a gaming computer for resale is like... buying a GM for resale! but i'm sure you already know that.

So if you were approached by someone saying "I want a computer, to do this and that, already put together and my budget is XXXX"

You would tell them to piss off because you are selling a depreciating product?

Most people want to get the most bang for thier buck and homebuilt is where its at. Marking up a homebuilt for resale can be an easy way to make money. I know this because i make money in this fasion.

zipdoa
09-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by spike98

So if you were approached by someone saying "I want a computer, to do this and that, already put together and my budget is XXXX"

You would tell them to piss off because you are selling a depreciating product?

No, I'd tell them to go to memory express :rofl:

If they're too inept to assemble the parts themselves, they can just have memex do that too :thumbsup:

Doesn't take an IT degree to put together some hardware.

spike98
09-17-2009, 04:05 PM
I suppose it is a little different for me in medicine hat as opposed to someone in calgary. The only place to get a computer around here are from the 16yr old dumbass's at futureshop or the very overpriced local computer shop.

Works to my advantage anyways ha ha

zieg
09-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by thetransporter

why not?

They're very overplayed and have SHITTY cable management most of the time. I have one because it's good for an air cooled setup, but I had to cut holes in the bottom to flip the PSU, had to cut holes in the mobo tray for a bolt in heatsink, a few more for cables, then I had to slot the side holes in order to flip the hard drive racks, and then paint the whole inside of it. It was a ton of work and if I had to do it again, I'd probably just go with an HAF, though they are a good bit bigger than the 900..

hobohunter
09-20-2009, 05:20 PM
lian li or silverstone. Great to work with!