PDA

View Full Version : paint removal

shizzay
09-15-2009, 01:46 PM
i'm planning to strip the paint off my car... as it is original paint from '88. should i just sand it down? or is there a better or easier way to remove the paint and begin prepping for a new paint job?

flipteck
09-15-2009, 02:23 PM
aircraft chemical paint stripper (Calgary Body Shop and Supplies)(Napa CMAX body shop shop supplies)
FYI: Wear goggles and proper protective gloves. That shit eats your skin like acid so be very careful! If you get it on your skin quickly wash off with cold water.

integra_xsi
09-15-2009, 06:15 PM
If you want something really strong to strip the paint of your vehilce, use the stuff that air craft companies do. Go to a place like eagle copters, of mcknight and 19th street. See if they will sell you some. its alot stronger than the stuff used for cars. I guarantee it will remove everything. Only the bare metal will remain.

Sharpie
09-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Are you repainting the whole thing? Changing the color?

mungo
09-16-2009, 10:31 AM
just sand it down if your not changing the color

shizzay
09-17-2009, 02:35 PM
i'm going from red/pink and silver two tone to black.... if that makes a difference

5fivespeed
09-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by integra_xsi
If you want something really strong to strip the paint of your vehilce, use the stuff that air craft companies do. Go to a place like eagle copters, of mcknight and 19th street. See if they will sell you some. its alot stronger than the stuff used for cars. I guarantee it will remove everything. Only the bare metal will remain.

I'm pretty sure they won't sell it as they are a maintainance base.

Ray