PDA

View Full Version : Samurai sword > intruder

Xtrema
09-15-2009, 04:28 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bal-sword0915,0,4027961.story?track=rss

They heard shouts and screams from a neighboring house and found the suspected burglar suffering from a nearly severed hand and laceration to his upper body, he said.

Jry_79
09-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Chuck Norris wouldn't need a Samurai Sword

Tomaz
09-15-2009, 04:46 PM
I don't wanna fuck with that kid! That's for damn sure!

bashir26
09-15-2009, 06:49 PM
This guy has Dozens of previous convictions and was JUST released from jail for stealing a car when he decided to break into this house and steal.

Ca_Silvia13
09-15-2009, 06:50 PM
All fine and dandy in the states but that man would go to jail for life in Canada for that.

Cock Knuckle
09-15-2009, 06:51 PM
That turned out to be a constructive piece of vigilante justice.

29 prior convictions, not to mention the ones he got away with. It is unfortunate and spectacular that he died like that.

Makes me wonder what might have happened if The Claw tried to steal this guys car. He would be "The Stump"

sr20s14zenki
09-15-2009, 06:54 PM
I love seeing things like this, thats how it should be. I have a baseball bat beside my bed, if soembody breaks in, they arent leaving except for under a blanket on a stretcher. I will stop at nothing to protect my family, and i would sooner have the intruder be dead, than alive and suing me for beating his ass up. There have been many cases in canada where this happened and nobody went to jail, it just depends on the circumstances. Dead men dont tell tales. Im not trying to sound tuff or anything, this is truly how i feel, and i only wish everybody, including lawmakers felt this way. A guy is going to be less inclined to break into a house knowing that he can be killed and nobody is going to do anything about it.

xxviet
09-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
I love seeing things like this, thats how it should be. I have a baseball bat beside my bed, if soembody breaks in, they arent leaving except for under a blanket on a stretcher. I will stop at nothing to protect my family, and i would sooner have the intruder be dead, than alive and suing me for beating his ass up. There have been many cases in canada where this happened and nobody went to jail, it just depends on the circumstances. Dead men dont tell tales. Im not trying to sound tuff or anything, this is truly how i feel, and i only wish everybody, including lawmakers felt this way. A guy is going to be less inclined to break into a house knowing that he can be killed and nobody is going to do anything about it.

i completely agree with you, you just gotta do what you gotta do to protect your family, you dont know if the guys carrying a gun or a knife you cant see, just gotta beat his ass down...maybe the samurai sword was a little too far?:dunno:

Ukyo8
09-15-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Ca_Silvia13
All fine and dandy in the states but that man would go to jail for life in Canada for that.

Nope

I know a woman that had her 3 year old daughter killed by her father, and they have been trying to convict him for many years and still no result, she even said that she might give up already because it doesnt look like hes gonna get convicted.

chkolny541
09-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Ukyo8

Nope

I know a woman that had her 3 year old daughter killed by her father, and they have been trying to convict him for many years and still no result, she even said that she might give up already because it doesnt look like hes gonna get convicted.

o well your one vague completely unrelated example settles it

2fast4me
09-15-2009, 07:48 PM

and don't forget that they (the intruder) might seek you out for revenge in the future. Yeap...end it while you can.

mazdavirgin
09-16-2009, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by chkolny541
o well your one vague completely unrelated example settles it

No but he happens to be correct... If I am reading the article correctly and the student only hit the thief with the sword once or twice then he would get off scott free in Canada. Legally you are not in trouble until you use an unreasonable amount of force or if you "finish" off the job when you didn't have too. Ex: The thief is twitching on the floor bleeding incapable of moving and you decapitate him.

Mys73ri0
09-16-2009, 02:57 AM
"On Dec. 14, 2007, police on patrol in the 400 block of E. 27th St. saw Rice, who the officers wrote looked suspicious and was fumbling with something in his jacket pocket, court records show. When an officer approached, Rice pulled a loaded Rohm .22-caliber handgun, which the officer was able to grab.

Rice was charged with several weapons charges, but prosecutors dropped the case in Circuit Court in July 2008 after one of the officers -- who was deployed overseas with the military -- could not attend a court hearing, according to the state's attorney's office."

Great legal system. The officer was overseas serving his country, and the perpetrator gets off. How the hell does that even work...

1 swing to cut the guys hand off and make a killing blow... savage...

SCHIDER23
09-16-2009, 05:08 AM
Poor guy, but he was a seasoned criminal and even pulled a gun on a officer once, hopefully the kid doesn't get charged :(

sr20s14zenki
09-16-2009, 05:37 AM
^^I dont feel sorry for him in the least. He was somewhere he shouldnt have been. Had he not broken in, he wouldnt be dead. A life of crime comes to a grinding halt. If this didnt happen, who knows, he may have escalated to murder and we could be reading about how he broke in and killed a woman and a child somewhere else or some sick shit. Criminals such as that, in my books, should be shot. I can understand if its like the first time, and its some misguided kid, who maybe got in with a bad crowd and learns his lesson, that does happen, and in that case it would be sad. Not this guy.

DayGlow
09-16-2009, 08:12 AM

Just last year that guy in Strathmore? killed an intruder with a knife and was never charged.

Ca_Silvia13
09-16-2009, 09:27 AM
As posted previously its all about a "reasonable amount of force" If an un armed person breaks in to your house holding no weapon you can't shoot him. If someone breaks in to your house with knife/machete* you can equal or use a lesser weapon and still be considered a reasonable amount of force ie a sword vrs machete*

This is how it was explained to me when i took law in College.

Even using a knife in a fist fight (depending on the situation) could be considered to much force.

scat19
09-16-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm scat19, and support his actions.

ZenOps
09-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Dang, I was expecting this to happen to those guys who were pushing over Japanese fishermen.

What a way to go. Too bad it was a "spear laceration", it would have been much more dramatic if he tried to rend him in two - a very possible task with a thin samurai sword..

Seanith
09-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Amazing. What a fitting end to a notorious peice of shit.

tarrantas
09-16-2009, 05:02 PM

i hope you're not serious...canada's legal system is a joke. talked to a cop once and he told me a story about this guy who had someone break into his house, and he shot him three times fatally and wasn't charged

Cooked Rice
09-17-2009, 03:27 AM
we need something like the castle doctrine in Canada, lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Doctrine_in_the_United_States

"A Castle Doctrine (also known as a Castle Law or a Defense of Habitation Law) is an American legal concept arising from English Common Law[1] that designates one's place of residence (or, in some states, any place legally occupied, such as one's car or place of work) as a place in which one enjoys protection from illegal trespassing and violent attack. It then goes on to give a person the legal right to use deadly force to defend that place (his/her "castle"), and/or any other innocent persons legally inside it, from violent attack or an intrusion which may lead to violent attack. In a legal context, therefore, use of deadly force which actually results in death may be defended as justifiable homicide under the Castle Doctrine."

D'z Nutz
09-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by SCHIDER23
Poor guy, but he was a seasoned criminal and even pulled a gun on a officer once, hopefully the kid doesn't get charged :(

No he didn't, that was an unrelated incident mentioned in the article.

Graham_A_M
09-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by SCHIDER23

Yeah that kid saved countless others from being victumized by this piece of shit, as well as countless hundreds of thousands of taxpayers money in the form of jail & rehabilitation programs.

I always love the families reactions, as if the criminal was some mis-guided angel:nut:
:facepalm:

PremiumRSX
09-20-2009, 02:00 AM
dang, that sounds like a bad neighbourhood to live in.

Jlude
09-20-2009, 03:31 AM
kinda related, I've got a cousin who lives in philly. Someone broke into her house one night while she was sleeping, the guy smashed her nose while she was sleeping and broke it, he thought she was knocked out or something, so he kept checking out the house. She pulled a gun from her night stand and shot the dude 3 times. He didn't die, but she said the cops just said "good for you" and that's all that happened to her.

Vagabond142
09-20-2009, 03:45 AM
I don't get why, in almost ALL these stories, they can't just call the sword a katana. "Samurai sword" just sounds... I dunno, stereotypical. It's also too wide ranging. A "samurai sword" can be anything from a tanto to a nodachi. Katana or wakizashi is a much more appropriate term for a long or short japanese sword, respectively.

Nitpicking aside, I fully agree with the right to defend property and life. If anyone ever approached me with what I felt was intent to do fatal or bodily harm, they'd get it full force.

I don't know, I guess it's because I've done 20+ years of martial arts, but the way that reporters always write these stories lead me to believe that they're utter idiots. I would love to see a story written by someone that has at least some PROPER Iai training, and there wouldn't be half as much offensive wording in the story.

2Valve0
09-20-2009, 06:19 AM
that dude watched too much afro samuri

JC522
09-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
we need something like the castle doctrine in Canada, lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Doctrine_in_the_United_States

"A Castle Doctrine (also known as a Castle Law or a Defense of Habitation Law) is an American legal concept arising from English Common Law[1] that designates one's place of residence (or, in some states, any place legally occupied, such as one's car or place of work) as a place in which one enjoys protection from illegal trespassing and violent attack. It then goes on to give a person the legal right to use deadly force to defend that place (his/her "castle"), and/or any other innocent persons legally inside it, from violent attack or an intrusion which may lead to violent attack. In a legal context, therefore, use of deadly force which actually results in death may be defended as justifiable homicide under the Castle Doctrine."

Was watching a documentary on National geographic last night called "Gun Nation," where they talked about this law. Apparently it goes as far as being able to protect your personal space in some states they said. Also they talked about this old man who shot and killed some burgulars who didn't even rob his place, they simply ran across his yard.

signature7
09-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by JC522

Was watching a documentary on National geographic last night called "Gun Nation," where they talked about this law. Apparently it goes as far as being able to protect your personal space in some states they said. Also they talked about this old man who shot and killed some burgulars who didn't even rob his place, they simply ran across his yard.

Would this include their vehicles? I've heard all sorts of stories being allowed to carry your gun in your car. We have family friends that moved to Houston and when the neighbourhood greeted them, they asked them if they had firearms and advised them to start because they didn't want others to think they were a neighbourhood soft on criminals and if word got out that someone in their cul de sac didn't have a gun, all of the homes would become targets.

J NRG
09-20-2009, 08:14 PM

em2ab
09-20-2009, 08:21 PM
I love seeing things like this, thats how it should be. I have a baseball bat beside my bed, if soembody breaks in, they arent leaving except for under a blanket on a stretcher. I will stop at nothing to protect my family, and i would sooner have the intruder be dead, than alive and suing me for beating his ass up. There have been many cases in canada where this happened and nobody went to jail, it just depends on the circumstances. Dead men dont tell tales. Im not trying to sound tuff or anything, this is truly how i feel, and i only wish everybody, including lawmakers felt this way. A guy is going to be less inclined to break into a house knowing that he can be killed and nobody is going to do anything about it. While I agree with you in theory, this would not be good in practice. Too many people would try and flip it around.....and instead of killing because they're threatened, they'd try to convince themselves they're threatened so they can kill. Like if you invite a guy in your house and he walks into a room he shouldn't be in, you kill him. "Well officer, he was trespassing, he shouldn't have been looking at my grow op...." People are dumb and they're going to believe that you can kill anyone you want as long as they're doing the smallest illegal activity.

sr20s14zenki
09-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by em2ab
While I agree with you in theory, this would not be good in practice. Too many people would try and flip it around.....and instead of killing because they're threatened, they'd try to convince themselves they're threatened so they can kill. Like if you invite a guy in your house and he walks into a room he shouldn't be in, you kill him. "Well officer, he was trespassing, he shouldn't have been looking at my grow op...." People are dumb and they're going to believe that you can kill anyone you want as long as they're doing the smallest illegal activity.

Yah i suppose it would work that way too. There needs to be a clear outline of what is alowed, similar to the castle doctrine. I cant remember where it was that a guy stabbed an intruder and he died? It was fairly recent. At any rate, he was found not guilty, as it was plain as day the guy was breaking in AND had weapons on his person. I just think that if there is a plain as day law in place, it will not only help people to protect themselves, but also, act as a deterrent for would be theives. I believe that in Texas, crime is very low, correct me if im wrong? I believe this is because you are allowed to wear a gun there, so people are less likely to try and rob you because they know since its legal, theres a good chance they have a gun and could fight back. All criminals are cowards in this sense. They want to know you wont do anything to make them feel safe committing the crime.

Just my thoughts (=

soupey
09-21-2009, 04:57 AM
lol the sis wants to charge him.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bal-md.samurai16sep16,0,114199.story

watch the video midway though the story

Z_Fan
09-21-2009, 10:39 AM

Which is why Canada needs to revisit some of its bleeding heart laws. If someone breaks in to your property, you should have every right to use lethal force.

JC522
09-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by signature7

Would this include their vehicles? I've heard all sorts of stories being allowed to carry your gun in your car. We have family friends that moved to Houston and when the neighbourhood greeted them, they asked them if they had firearms and advised them to start because they didn't want others to think they were a neighbourhood soft on criminals and if word got out that someone in their cul de sac didn't have a gun, all of the homes would become targets.

The documentary kinda just mentioned it, saying it differs from state to state. Some states allow you just to consider your home your castle, and then they mentioned something about your car or your work place. Then they said the extremes of this law state you can consider your personal space as your castle

J NRG
09-21-2009, 12:50 PM

DENZILDON
09-21-2009, 02:20 PM
The one thing I miss in the Phil is catching burglers. I grew up in the rougher parts of Manila (main city) and ever so often there will be a thief who will try to hit one of the houses on our street.

The first encounter I had together with my older cousins was a thief who stole 4 flats of beer on a bicycle with a sidecar. We were just in front of the house on a lazy afternoon then we heard some noise at the corner house store. Unfortunate for him he took the wrong turn and went towards our way. The house in front of us is a small coffee grinding business who has 5 workers that moves 2 to 3 big sacks of coffee beans at time to the delivery truck. And the business beside our house has a bunch of truck mechanics and machinist. We caught the guy right in front of the house and pretty much got swallon face and some fractured ribs. The owner gave us the beer after justice was done. :D

A few years later another guy tries to steal some jeans off the hangers a few houses down the block. Our cop neighbor saw him and had his 45 at the back of his head. He tied him to a tree. Hung a sign on him that said "I'm a thief - give me a good beating so I don't do it again" or somewhere along those lines. There was a line up for an hour. :D