PDA

View Full Version : parking question

3G
11-11-2003, 10:55 AM
a member of this forum got a ticket for being on the wrong side of a residential road a while back. So lets say I park my car with the drivers side to the curb, can i get a ticket for that? (if its in front of my house)

Khyron
11-11-2003, 11:08 AM
Yes, because you crossed center line to get there. That's the same thing FD did.

Khyron

3G
11-11-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Khyron
Yes, because you crossed center line to get there. That's the same thing FD did.

Khyron

there is no center line on a residential road..

there is an alley entrance right by my house, so if i come out of the alley and park into it, would it still be considered crossing the center line?

403Gemini
11-11-2003, 12:29 PM
doesnt matter, you are still facing the wrong way on the road and one way or another, you WILL cross the middle of the road

ryder_23
11-11-2003, 12:52 PM
Unless the road is a one way, you still go by rules of road, line or no line.

Khyron
11-11-2003, 01:06 PM
As mentioned, there's always a center. The reason for it is because if someone parks a truck in front of you, your vision is limited (because you are on the curb side, not the street side). So you would be dangerous as you're pulling out. That all said, it's like tint. Illegal, but the cop has to be pretty bored or have a bone against the offence.

Khyron

3G
11-11-2003, 05:09 PM
Thanks guys

There's barely any cops on this street, so if the car is parked and no one is in it, can they ticket/tow it?

jdmmavericktR
11-11-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo
Thanks guys

There's barely any cops on this street, so if the car is parked and no one is in it, can they ticket/tow it?

They can ticket it if they feel motivated. They'll tow it if the car is a hazard to others. Pretty much like Khyron said, it's like tint in terms of how seriously they take it, provided you don't endanger lives such as park it in the middle of the street with a puddle of gasoline surrounding it.

Also, is it really that much of an inconvenience to park the right way?

illeagle
11-11-2003, 06:56 PM
If you have a nice car...Parking control or cops, will make your day, I'd do it but I woulden't leave the car facing the wrong way for long periods of time.

3G
11-11-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by jdmmavericktR

They can ticket it if they feel motivated. They'll tow it if the car is a hazard to others. Pretty much like Khyron said, it's like tint in terms of how seriously they take it, provided you don't endanger lives such as park it in the middle of the street with a puddle of gasoline surrounding it.

Also, is it really that much of an inconvenience to park the right way?

lol i get lazy and i like parking so i step onto the sidewalk haha

Originally posted by illeagle
If you have a nice car...Parking control or cops, will make your day, I'd do it but I woulden't leave the car facing the wrong way for long periods of time.

is a Plymouth Voyager a nice car? hehe

szw
11-11-2003, 07:18 PM
just drive up onto your lawn

3G
11-11-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by szw
just drive up onto your lawn

I don't think my dad would be too happy with a messed up lawn with tire marks everywhere ;)

Moonracer
11-11-2003, 07:43 PM
Center line has nothing to do with it. You can't park the wrong way cause you will be pulling out into oncoming traffic, it's also not the norm so people won't be expecting it.

hinggu
11-11-2003, 07:54 PM
When my bro got a ticket for parking on the wrong side, it said on the ticket it was for having the passenger's side wheels too far from the curb (as in your tires are across the entire road). They assume that you are supposed to park on the other side and that you are too far from the curb. I don't know it has anything to do with crossing the center line.

Moonracer
11-11-2003, 07:57 PM
Yeah it is leagal to cross the center line, when safe to do so of course, just not a double yellow.

4wheeldrift
11-11-2003, 09:28 PM
By definition in the MVA, being parked means having your passenger side wheels not more than 50cm from the curb.

Moonracer
11-11-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
By definition in the MVA, being parked means having your passenger side wheels not more than 50cm from the curb.

That is correct Alex....lol

GTS Jeff
11-11-2003, 10:40 PM
your shitty neighbors will call the cops and complain

BimmerGirl
11-11-2003, 10:44 PM
erm... I always crossed and parked on the other side of the road to get my mails then hopped back into the car. I supposed I could get caught doing that too?? There's no centre line ....
:banghead: