PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fighter Season 10

Pages : [1] 2

mushi_mushi
09-15-2009, 07:21 PM
The new season of the show starts tomorrow, this season actually looks like it might be good. There have been previous shows where there was a lack of talent and interesting fights, but this season has a few known names behind it like the likes of Roy Nelson, Kimbo Slice and a few UFC vets. I think just having Kimbo in the house will attract alot of attention in the house with people gunning to fight him just to get their names out there.

This season will be coached by Rampage and Rashad Evans, both of whom on some level don't like each other. At the same time I think both of these guys are professionals and will probably joke/prank each other rather than start throwing down the fisticuffs. I havnt really watched this show in a while because of a lack of skilled/entertaining fighters, but I'll be checking this season out.

Here's a small preview of the show:

Jxx1ZtCUrUQ

alloroc
09-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Dana knows his shit when it comes to entertainment.

Should be a good series.

sexualbanana
09-15-2009, 08:29 PM
I don't expect Evans and Jackson to really prank or mess with each other for any type of comical reaction. If their dislike for each other as as genuine as Dana says it is, I think they're more likely to really get in each others faces and things will escalate from there.

mushi_mushi
09-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
I don't expect Evans and Jackson to really prank or mess with each other for any type of comical reaction. If their dislike for each other as as genuine as Dana says it is, I think they're more likely to really get in each others faces and things will escalate from there.

I dont see Rashad throwing the first punch, but if Rashad gets cocky like he does alot of the time I can imagine Rampage losing his cool, happens before. However after all that Rampage has been through after the Forrest fight you would think he has learned to keep his emotions in check.

projekz
09-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Can't wait! Those guys are huge! Hopefully they find someone to kick Brock Lesnar's ass:eek:

alloroc
09-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Remember the series where Matt Hughes beat the crap out of one of his charges?

Somehow I don't think the coaches will be doing that to these guys.

mushi_mushi
09-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by projekz
Can't wait! Those guys are huge! Hopefully they find someone to kick Brock Lesnar's ass:eek:

I think given a shot Big Nog can do it, granted his chin holds up. Its bad for the UFC if Nog is the HW champ, because as long as Fedor is a champ in another organization it would make the UFC HW champ illegitimate as Fedor already whooped him twice convincingly. Also if this scenario ever plays out the argument that Fedor chose Strikeforce instead of the UFC because he was avoiding top competition would hold less water.

Redlined_8000
09-15-2009, 11:10 PM

:werd:

This is gonna be a fun season! :clap:

TeamBestBud
09-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Anybody watching UFC Fight Night? Tim Creuder and Nate Quarry putting on a show!

GQBalla
09-16-2009, 06:53 PM
i hope kimbo does good.

guy is a street fighter but he needs to train properly.

Sharpie
09-16-2009, 08:15 PM
This season is going to be fucking sick.

The_1
09-16-2009, 08:18 PM
rampage making fun of nelson :D

Dave P
09-16-2009, 10:02 PM
I hope kimbo gets ko'd first fight. such a hack.

that fight tonight was weak. boooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring :zzz:

aypi
09-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
i hope kimbo does good.

guy is a street fighter but he needs to train properly.

:werd:

no matter what happen to him on this show people will still watch him fight.

i know i would. :burnout:

mushi_mushi
09-16-2009, 10:27 PM
I think the first episode was good. The fight wasnt action packed but I have seen far worse, at least they didnt spend the first minute circling each other. Based on this episode as well as the preview this is going to be a decent season.

Some thoughts on tonight's episode:

I was surprised at some of Rampage's picks, im not familiar with the alot of these fighters but it seems like he just went with the bigger guys not paying much attention to skill. I know if I had first pick, Kimbo would not be it.

Talk about a bad pick for the first fight. Why would you put a guy with zero take town defense against a wrestler. Its hard to tell how much time he had with the guy but if he knew his weakness was wrestling isnt that what they should be practicing rather than punching a bag.

I didnt like the fact that one of the guys went to touch gloves and then went right for the take down. I know its all part of the game, that you should always defend yourself at all time but it was kind of weak especially since his opponent was already beaten. The fight wasnt really competitive, one of the guys was mentally broken after the first two minutes and just hung in there for the decision loss.

Im not really a fan of Kimbo but I dont like the treatment he gets. Kimbo never claimed to be the best, but its always his handlers that make him out to be the worlds baddest man.

SOAB
09-16-2009, 10:42 PM
i'm not too sure about rampages coaching abilities.

the guy is funny and can fight, but he's not too bright. haha.

he wasn't giving his fighter any direction in the ring at all.

beecue
09-16-2009, 11:08 PM
haha Rampage is jokes .. so this is the first time I'm watching TUF .. if a fighter loses like the guy tonight .. are they out?

G-Suede
09-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by SOAB
i'm not too sure about rampages coaching abilities.

the guy is funny and can fight, but he's not too bright. haha.

he wasn't giving his fighter any direction in the ring at all.

Sure he was.

Get up. Get up. Get up. Get up. Get up. Get up. Get up. Get up. Get up. Get up. Get up. Get up. Get up. Get up. Get up. Get up. Get up. Get up. Get up. Get up. Get up.

403Gemini
09-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Shit that was A LOT of blood!! lol im surprised the guy went into round 2, did you see that gash? lol

G-Suede
09-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Looked like a vagine.

TKRIS
09-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Based on the trailer: Next episode will be Kimbo/Nelson.
Nelson will get KO'd.

Yeah, I know he's the favorite to win.
But here's why I think Kimbo KO's him: Nelson gets beat by solid boxing.
While it's likely still true that Kimbo only does 1 thing, people forget that he tends to do it pretty damned well. Handspeed, head movement, and he hits like a truck.
Nelson throws his left, leaves it out there, ducks his head down a wades in. That's a receipe for disaster against a guy who moves so well laterally and hits that hard and fast.

Sure, if it goes to the ground, Kimbo's probably going to be in a lot of trouble, but look at how Nelson sets that up. Lazily paws that left hand out, ducks his head and lumbers in. 1 sloppy setup like that and it's over.

Darkenergy
09-17-2009, 12:14 AM
anyone know where I can download it?

HungryJack
09-17-2009, 01:26 AM
Where was Kimbos vaunted 'handspeed' and 'head movement' while he was being knocked silly by a Light Heavyweight??

Kimbo is a scrub and a joke. Good business move on Dana's part to get him on the show, to generate some interest. But let's not kid ourselves, against any kind of actual fighter, Kimbo is a sucker bet every day of the week.

403Gemini
09-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by TKRIS
Based on the trailer: Next episode will be Kimbo/Nelson.
Nelson will get KO'd.

Yeah, I know he's the favorite to win.
But here's why I think Kimbo KO's him: Nelson gets beat by solid boxing.
While it's likely still true that Kimbo only does 1 thing, people forget that he tends to do it pretty damned well. Handspeed, head movement, and he hits like a truck.
Nelson throws his left, leaves it out there, ducks his head down a wades in. That's a receipe for disaster against a guy who moves so well laterally and hits that hard and fast.

Sure, if it goes to the ground, Kimbo's probably going to be in a lot of trouble, but look at how Nelson sets that up. Lazily paws that left hand out, ducks his head and lumbers in. 1 sloppy setup like that and it's over.

He does it well... but for how long? Unless kimbo has severely improved his stamina, any fight that goes to round 2 hes done for.

heavyD
09-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Shit that was A LOT of blood!! lol im surprised the guy went into round 2, did you see that gash? lol

It was definately leaking big time but the guy was terrible. He fell for the same takedown four times with little resistance and had no answer on the ground. You think Dana would have scouted some of these guys better as there looks to be a bunch that are just too raw and underdeveloped unless that was by design to prop up Kimbo.

1-Bar
09-17-2009, 09:19 AM
at the end was pretty raw.....doc said he fractured his skull and that you could see it under the laceration.....

sk8r3124
09-17-2009, 09:22 AM
What I like is the Class of Dana White.
Even before Kimbo got his first MMA fight, Dana was bagging on Kimbo, and saying he is nothing special. But in true fashion, Dana presents an opportunity to back up his words. What better way to prove his opinion right, than by giving Kimbo the best way of shutting Dana up. Dana knows Kimbo is not ready for the UFC, and you will see the biggest grin on Dana's face when Kimbo gets KNFO!!!!

SneakyNeek
09-17-2009, 09:43 AM
kimbo is 4-1 in the ring and has a submission win, so i wouldn't rule him out on the ground. gaureented all he was working on even before the show started was ground game cause he knew thats what everyone one is gunna try and beat him at.:dunno:

The_1
09-17-2009, 10:01 AM
also dont forget that kimbo is training MMA everyday
he's a different fighter now then he was on elite xc

look at lesnar... same shit!! except lesnar has the wrestling background

heavyD
09-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by sk8r3124
Even before Kimbo got his first MMA fight, Dana was bagging on Kimbo, and saying he is nothing special. But in true fashion, Dana presents an opportunity to back up his words. What better way to prove his opinion right, than by giving Kimbo the best way of shutting Dana up. Dana knows Kimbo is not ready for the UFC, and you will see the biggest grin on Dana's face when Kimbo gets KNFO!!!!

No you will see the biggest grin on Dana's face when the ratings for the show come out. Bringing Kimbo on the show is all about ratings. I actually think you would see the biggest grin on Dana's face if Kimbo won it all as Kimbo would be a license to print money on UFC 1XX much like a WWF star like Lesnar has done.

sk8r3124
09-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Don't even get me started on Lesner.
I feel the MMA technique isn't the thing that is winning him fights. I thinks its more the fact that it is like a bulldozer in the ring. Or maybe its the magical male member tattooed on his chest that is giving him his strength.

sk8r3124
09-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

No you will see the biggest grin on Dana's face when the ratings for the show come out. Bringing Kimbo on the show is all about ratings. I actually think you would see the biggest grin on Dana's face if Kimbo won it all as Kimbo would be a license to print money on UFC 1XX much like a WWF star like Lesnar has done.

Touchee!!!

sputnik
09-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Don't even get me started on Lesner.
I feel the MMA technique isn't the thing that is winning him fights. I thinks its more the fact that it is like a bulldozer in the ring. Or maybe its the magical male member tattooed on his chest that is giving him his strength.

Screw MMA "technique".

The UFC started as basically a "street fight in a ring".

There were no weight classes, timed rounds, rules (other than eye gouges and groin kicks) and to top it off it was a tournament format. So the winner would have to win 4 fights in one night to win the grand prize of $40,000.

I would love to see less athletes and more raw fighters getting into the octagon. Bring in more guys like Tank Abbott and the UFC would be far more interesting.

UFC has gotten pretty lame over the past few years.

TKRIS
09-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
Bring in more guys like Tank Abbott and the UFC would be far more interesting.

You're entitled to you opinion on how lame the UFC is, but "bringing in more guys like Tank" is just going to result is a high body count of guys like Tank. There's a reason they only dust Tank off and trot him out there once a year or so: he isn't competitive.
Take away the rules and put Tank in there with a lighter, but modern fighter and he still gets killed.
As far as weight classes, I'd like to see someone other than Lesnar fight competitively. There's all sorts of talent (the majority, I'd argue) in the lighter weight classes that we'd never get to see in open weight because they'd simply be crushed by meathead wrestlers.
That's not a sport.
That's feeding the Rancor...

If you love the freakshow, you're not alone, so do the Japanese.
Dream and K1 are still hard at it.

sexualbanana
09-17-2009, 01:47 PM

It's not class, it's his ability to recognize and capitalize on an opportunity. There's nothing but upside for Dana White in putting Kimbo in TUF.
If Kimbo loses, he gets to prove to everyone he's right that Kimbo is a joke.
If Kimbo wins, White knows he can make millions alone off advertising Kimbo.

Originally posted by sputnik

Screw MMA "technique".

The UFC started as basically a "street fight in a ring".

There were no weight classes, timed rounds, rules (other than eye gouges and groin kicks) and to top it off it was a tournament format. So the winner would have to win 4 fights in one night to win the grand prize of $40,000.

I would love to see less athletes and more raw fighters getting into the octagon. Bring in more guys like Tank Abbott and the UFC would be far more interesting.

When the UFC started, it touted itself as the ultimate test of fighting styles (basically a live version of Street Fighter). Could a judoka beat a kickboxer? Is kung fu better than jiu-jitsu. What you would see is such a severe contrast in style that the fight goes to the extreme ends of the spectrum. BJJ guys (ie Gracie) would do the same takedown (don't believe me? Watch UFC 1) every time because boxers and karate guys had no idea how to defend it.

The original UFC's were boring to watch because the contrast in styles was way too severe. The fighters now are on a more level playing field as they all realize that specializing in one style - or at the very least, ignoring how to defend other styles - is a recipe for a losing record.

Like TKRIS said, if that's really what you want to see, then K1 and Dream still have their open class tournaments if you want to watch 160 pounders fight guys like Bob Sapp and Hong Man Choi.

HungryJack
09-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by The_1
also dont forget that kimbo is training MMA everyday
he's a different fighter now then he was on elite xc

look at lesnar... same shit!! except lesnar has the wrestling background

That and Lesnar is a natural athlete, and Kimbo is some slob who got started punching other slobs in back yards.

Lesnar and Slice aren't even in the same REALM of athletic ability.

You'd never see Kimbo Slice nearly make an NFL team despite never having played football past High School.

I get that people don't like Lesnar, because he's cocky, and ignorant, and just generally appears to be a giant d-bag, but he's able to use his 2 biggest strengths to his advantage very well. His world class wrestling, and his ridiculous size.

To me, he's the epitome of a guy with all the physical tools in the world, using them as a starting point and adding new facets of his game every time out. He lost his first fight to Mir due to a mental error, a rookie mistake if you will.

He followed that up by putting a 3 round hurting on Heath Herring, showing that he had the gas tank to go 3 rounds.

He then follows that by knocking out a legend in Randy, and say what you will about him getting gifted a title shot, maybe too early, but he WON. So that in itself renders those arguments moot. And after all the talk abotu how Mir was much improved and the best he'd ever been, Brock put a beatdown on him too.

Now, i'm not a massive Brock fan by any means, as I find his attitude in general distasteful. However, you can't compare Brock's 4-1 record, in which he's fought nothing but top level figters, to Kimbo's same record ( an exhibition win over pro boxer Ray Mercer (his only submission not to strikes), a KO of Tank Freakin' Abbott, and scrubs James Thompson and Bo Cantrell.)

If people are impressed by Kimbo, it's because they know nothing of MMA and actual fighters.

//rant

signature7
09-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Anyone know where I can torrent this? Demonoid is down, i think?

aypi
09-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by signature7
Anyone know where I can torrent this? Demonoid is down, i think?

here you go man. http://www.mmatko.com/

:thumbsup:

signature7
09-17-2009, 08:26 PM
thanks a bunch aypi

Supa Dexta
09-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Kimbo gets a bad deal though, in that he seems to be a nice enough guy. He doesn't act like a self loving jackass, he seems humble enough, and willing to work as a team on the show.. He's got a huge target on his back, all stemming from the back yard fights.. But hell the guy has 6 kids, he probably had to fight for 50 bux in a back yard because he was good at it.

He also isn't the one to blame because the UFC is plastering his name all over this season.

signature7
09-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Yeah Kimbo Slice doesn't seem like that bad of guy, just gets a bad rep from where he came from. He sure loves names that starts with K though, especially the name Kevin lol.

Taken from wiki,

"Ferguson currently lives with his family in Coral Springs, Florida, and is a single father to six children; three boys and three girls. The boys names are Kevin Jr., Kevin II, and Kevlar while the girls names are Kassandra, Kiara, and Kevina"

TeamBestBud
09-18-2009, 04:47 PM
lol, Kevlar

ATARI
09-22-2009, 04:51 PM
im soo stoked

Mr_ET
09-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Kevin, Kevin II and Kevina classy...

cherpintow
09-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Rampage calls it quits, he posted a blog about it on his website: www.rampage-jackson.com (http://www.rampage-jackson.com)

bulaian
09-22-2009, 06:38 PM
From Rampage's blog:
I'm done fighting..

* Posted by Rampage Jackson on September 22, 2009 at 4:43pm

The UFC has done a lot for me but I think I have done more for them. The UFC bought WFA to get my contract & they saved my life, so I felt loyal to them. They pushed me into a fight with Chuck Liddel even when I clearly stated I wasn't ready to fight for the belt because the American fans didn't know me but I took the fight and didn't complain & after I won the American fans booed me for the first time which changed the way I saw them & it hurt me deeply.

Then before I can even get out of the cage they announced that I was fighting Dan Henderson without even asking me. After I beat Dan Henderson, I made history in becoming the first undisputed champion in MMA but was never even given the pride belt in the cage & I was never promoted as the undisputed champ. Later Anderson Silva was.

Then they had me coach TUF season 7 and fight Forrest and the fight was very controversial & normally when a fight is that close & controversial there is normally an instant replay. I can name a couple of instances. Instead they offered me the Vanderlei Silva fight which I gladly accepted even though I know it was a very risky fight for me to take because of all the drama that was happening to me at the time. I fought that fight with a jaw injury and then a couple weeks later Dana called me and asked me to fight Rashad. For the first time I said no, I didn't want to fight because it was such short notice & I wouldn't have had a long break between camp. Dana talked me into fighting Rashad anyway but Rashad refused the fight and so I had to fight Jardine as a favor to the UFC instead of getting my belt back (which wasn't even worth it to me financially).

Then I reinjured my jaw in the fight with Vanderlei & Jardine. Frank Mir gets hurt so they wanted to switch my fight from UFC 100 to the fight Frank couldn't make it to but I couldn't fight cause I needed jaw surgury. So they give Machida the fight against Rashad & they told me they want me to coach TUF season 10 against Rashad. That's why I wanted Rashad to win so bad but when Rashad got knocked out I told them I wanted to fight Machida for the belt but Dana told me if I coach TUF against Rashad that I could fight Machida afterwards cause this was a different type of ultimate fighter show they were doing. After I signed the contract Dana then changes his mind & says I have to fight Rashad & even told me what to say in the press & so my fans think I was scared to fight Machida. After all that I still never complained & I did it all.

Then this movie role came about that I have been trying to get for over a year & as soon as I found out I was close to getting it, I called Dana right away & asked to push the Memphis fight back just a month or so. I told him what this movie role meant to me. I told him that I used to bond with my father watching the tv show as a kid when my parents where still married & it represents the memories I had with my father when we lived together. My dad became an alcohalic & addicted to drugs & we grew apart. But after my dad got his life back together, I was so proud of my dad & I told him I would always take care of him in the future & make him proud of me. My dad & I are still very big fans of the show & I am basically doing this for the childhood memories I had spending time in front of the tv with my dad. Dana went on the internet & mocked me because of that & I still did nothing. Dana & I finally talked & we made up & then after that he went back on the internet & said some bullshit & he was talking bad about the movie when information is not even supposed to be released & talking about payments which is not even true could really hurt my future acting career, which could very well last longer than my fighting career. I'm not like Randy Couture. My body has been getting so many different injuries that I wont be able to fight until my forties & neither do I want to fight that long. So I feel like my second career could be in jeopardy.. so I'm done fighting. I've been getting negative reviews from the dumb ass fans that don't pay my bills or put my kids though college. So I'm hanging it up. I'm gonna miss all my loyal fans but hopefully they'll follow me to my new career & I will gain more loyal fans along the way. & all you hater fans out there can kiss my big black hairy ass! & anybody that don't like what I just said can come try to kick my ass!

I still feel the UFC is a great organization and I felt like I was very loyal to them but they didn't respect my loyalty but I wish the UFC the best. I did a lot of things for them. I wish no bad blood between us but I have kids & a family back in Memphis to provide for & thats all that matters to me!

beecue
09-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Apparently Kimbo is in the finale .. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ultimate_Fighter:_Heavyweights_Finale ... http://www.cagepotato.com/interview-kimbo-slice-talks-tuf-10-ray-mercer-rampage-jackson-more .. probably true since TUF was done taping a while ago

ekguy
09-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Anyone else thing Rampage Jackson is a complete moron and douche?

Sharpie
09-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
Nope he has the skillz to back it.

minui
09-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by ekguy

Personally I don't think Rampage is a moron.
Dana white has a history of screwing his fighters, fighters to Dana are just pawns in his master plan for the UFC.

BTW
Roy Nelson, Nothing but a fat ass douchebag that sits on people.

Sharpie
09-30-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by minui

Personally I don't think Rampage is a moron.
Dana white has a history of screwing his fighters, fighters to Dana are just pawns in his master plan for the UFC.

BTW
Roy Nelson, Nothing but a fat ass douchebag that sits on people.
:werd: The ultimate fighter is losing my respect more and more each week.

ekguy
09-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

Nope he has the skillz to back it.

I mean I realize he took lot's of shit. But he has no reason for the attitude...Although Rashad Evans is not making it easy.

ekguy
09-30-2009, 09:44 PM
I was surprised tonight by Kimbo though. He definitely took some good swings and for a noob he definitely defended decently against a couple take down attempts. I doubt, like was said that anyone could get Roy Nelson off them...He's a big guy.

BigMass
09-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Just watched that shit on youtube. Horrible stoppage, but that’s not new for the UFC so I’m not surprised. Way to stop a fight when no damage was being done. It's like stopping a boxing fight after someone eats a couple jabs.

Importz
09-30-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
Just watched that shit on youtube. Horrible stoppage, but that’s not new for the UFC so I’m not surprised. Way to stop a fight when no damage was being done. It's like stopping a boxing fight after someone eats a couple jabs.

didnt the ref stop the fight cause kimbo wasnt defending himself?? :dunno:

BigDannyCool
09-30-2009, 11:05 PM
although Roy Nelson wasn't doing any signigicant damage, Kimbo was not doing anything at all. He was just lying there.

I thought Rampape's jokes about Roy's belly was hilarious.

89coupe
09-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Importz

didnt the ref stop the fight cause kimbo wasnt defending himself?? :dunno:

From what? Roy patting him on the top of the head?

TKRIS
09-30-2009, 11:11 PM
Yeah, regardless of how hard Roy was hitting him, the ref had to do something, and you can't stand them up when one fighter is in such an extremely dominant position. Good stoppage, horrible fight.

Sakui77
09-30-2009, 11:14 PM
big country wins again. aahahah big country's belly is like a moon. lol epic by rampage

mushi_mushi
09-30-2009, 11:15 PM
The fight went down like I thought it would. I thought there was a slim chance of a kimbo upset. I felt the stoppage was good, the majority of big country's weight (probably over 270 pounds) was on kimbo's chest/head, he wasnt going anywhere. Although the shots landed by Roy didnt look like much, you have a 270 pound guy just taking swings at your dome, there's nowhere for your head to go but the floor. Roy was right that you have to demonstrate that your defending yourself intelligently and kimbo clearly wasn't. I think kimbo might get a second chance, its good for ratings and white knows this.

alloroc
09-30-2009, 11:54 PM
I think its time for a new weight class maybe 250+

The 40 Lb difference really showed in that fight.

Kimbo showed no patience though, he should have backed off after 3 swings. Without Kimbo closing the gap there is no way that fatman could have been fast enough to take Kimbo down.

Stoppage was called for, and Rampage's fat jokes were hilarious.

nightfx
09-30-2009, 11:59 PM
Not much damage done by Roy but a win's a win. Giving Kimbo a second chance was pretty predictable since they need him for the ratings, not sure if he'd do better a second time around against Roy though.

Importz
10-01-2009, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe

From what? Roy patting him on the top of the head?

doesnt matter... if hes not defending himself then the ref must stop it...

aypi
10-01-2009, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Importz

doesnt matter... if hes not defending himself then the ref must stop it...

:werd: or he would be on the same position for the remaining 3 mins. of the fight.

sexualbanana
10-01-2009, 01:59 AM
I actually thought the fight should've been stopped near the end of the 1st round. The shots may not have been hard hits, but Kimbo was completely defenseless. He had one arm pinned under Nelson's leg, and the other pinned by Nelson's non-punching arm, and the rest of Nelson's weight on top of Kimbo.

You could see Herb Dean trying to find any reason to keep it going (which is why it lasted as long as it did), but when Kimbo ended up in the exact same position in the 2nd, the Ref had to stop it. You can tell that was the reason he stopped the fight because Dean just taps Nelson on the shoulder and just goes "Stop. It's over."

Supa Dexta
10-01-2009, 10:01 AM
...bruuuutal..

And funny as hell, that there are so many facebook status' today complaining that kimbo lost.. :rofl:

89coupe
10-01-2009, 10:06 AM
MMA rules are kind of funny. I think Judo guys should incorporate more of their technique into MMA. Throw the guy, pin him down and then start tapping him on his head.

You have control, you have him defenceless and you are inflicting minor damage...LOL.

heavyD
10-01-2009, 12:10 PM
These guys exemplify why the heavyweight division sucks. Who ever comes out of this will never pose a threat for Lesnar's title.

SneakyNeek
10-01-2009, 12:17 PM
These guys exemplify why the heavyweight division sucks. Who ever comes out of this will never pose a threat for Lesnar's title.

+1

lesner were manhandle any of these guys

Sharpie
10-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Do you even watch the UFC? the heavyweight division is one of the best weight classes. There are so many fighters right now that have a chance to take lesnars belt. Also the majority of these guys are heavy hitters so its just a matter of 1 punch.

89coupe
10-02-2009, 09:12 AM

Do you even watch the UFC? the heavyweight division is one of the best weight classes. There are so many fighters right now that have a chance to take lesnars belt. Also the majority of these guys are heavy hitters so its just a matter of 1 punch.

It is? Like who?

alloroc
10-02-2009, 10:35 AM

It is? Like who?

I'm with you.
I don't see very many. Unless a certain Russian signs a deal with the UFC everyone under 250 is too small and pretty much everyone else that I can think of over 250 is too fat.

Lesner is a freak.

mekeni
10-02-2009, 11:20 AM
And I thought Slice would be a sure contender for Lesnar's title, not a shoo-in after all.

Jlude
10-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Does anyone else think that fight was staged?

GOnSHO
10-02-2009, 11:57 AM
which fight?? kimbo vs fat man?

SneakyNeek
10-02-2009, 12:15 PM
i highly doubt most people could get that fat mess off of them. once his bellys in your face your done.

Sharpie
10-02-2009, 05:22 PM

It is? Like who?
Hmm lets see here, Cain Velasquez, Shane Carwin, Nogueira, Fedor, to me all those fighters have a good chance at beating Lesnar.

The_1
10-02-2009, 05:36 PM

Hmm lets see here, Cain Velasquez, Shane Carwin, Nogueira, Fedor, to me all those fighters have a good chance at beating Lesnar.

do you even watch the UFC?
fedor is not even with the UFC!!

Importz
10-02-2009, 05:39 PM
lol

Sharpie
10-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by The_1

do you even watch the UFC?
fedor is not even with the UFC!!
Oh rly? I fucking know that I am just saying he is a good contendor for lesnar. The fight will probably happen one day

projekz
10-02-2009, 08:16 PM
I wanna see Wes Sims fight! He's apparently not too bad...So far I've only enjoyed watch Rampage joking around! Everything else has been pretty dissapointing:thumbsdow

theken
10-02-2009, 08:24 PM
i have only seen 1 episode, and this is the season i really wanted to see, oh well.

403Gemini
10-04-2009, 03:51 PM
I wanna see Wes Sims fight! He's apparently not too bad...So far I've only enjoyed watch Rampage joking around! Everything else has been pretty dissapointing:thumbsdow

Didn't Wes fight on episode 2 and lose?

nightfx
10-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Didn't Wes fight on episode 2 and lose?

That was Wes Shivers, not Wes Sims. :nut:

LongCity
10-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Rampage is funny as hell! He makes up for his team's continual losses.

403Gemini
10-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by nightfx

That was Wes Shivers, not Wes Sims. :nut:

:facepalm: My bad!

sexualbanana
10-06-2009, 10:39 PM
MMAWeekly.com on Thursday spoke exclusively to referee Herb Dean, who oversaw the elimination fight between Roy Nelson and Kimbo Slice on the third episode of "The Ultimate Fighter: The Heavyweights." Nelson used his grappling prowess to overcome Slice, earning a TKO stoppage in just over two minutes of the second round. Subsequent to the fight's air, Nelson openly criticized Dean's judgment regarding the end of the first round, where Nelson's positional dominance threatened to end the fight. Dean addressed Nelson's claims and the reasoning behind his call of the fight.
MMAWeekly: Firstly, Roy claimed that you didn’t stop the fight in the first round because of Kimbo’s status on the show. How do you respond to that?
Dean: Well, it’s not that complicated. I’m there to protect the fighter’s safety. Kimbo got up after that round pretty quick and spry, right? If I stop a fight it’s because I believe a fighter’s not fighting back, because he can’t. And there’s reasons why a fighter can’t fight back. One is a positional reason like Roy had on Kimbo. It was positional. Could (Kimbo) handle blows and continue to fight? He did. He made it to the end of the (first) round and continued to fight. If the blows were any less, I would have actually stood them up. The blows were strong enough to warrant being on the ground, but they weren't strong enough for me to stop the fight.
MMAWeekly: Were you looking at the clock at all and weighing the force of the blows with the time left in the round?
Dean: Most definitely. I believe that if (Roy) has position on him in the beginning of the round, that means that he’s going to stay there for the whole round, obviously Kimbo couldn’t solve that position. But with those blows, was he not fighting back because he was hurt? No, he was fine. So I didn’t have any reason to stand or stop the fight. If the fighter is not hurt, why should I stop the fight?
MMAWeekly: So you felt the blows that Kimbo was taking in the second round were, whereas the ones in the first round weren’t?
Dean: Well, I believe that the blows were solid blows. In the first round, they were solid blows, just like in the second round, but in the second round, it was the beginning of the round that he was down there. I can’t allow him – he was not going to improve his position, he was not going to solve it – I couldn’t allow him five minutes of that in the second round. Could I allow him to take it for 30 seconds in the first? Sure.
MMAWeekly: Were your decisions in the ring influenced at all by Kimbo and his standing with the UFC?
Dean: No, I make calls based on my conscience, based on what I think is fair, what I think is the right thing to do. I’m the one that has to sleep at night. I sleep fine. I believe that I try to make the fairest, safest calls. This job is more serious than me continuing to do my job. People’s careers and their safety are on the line. I’m not going to make a political decision when the stakes are that large.
MMAWeekly: Roy said that he got into it with you after the fight…
Dean: Well, that’s not getting into it with me. He’s made a statement. By getting into it means that I guess I have to respond. He said some things. Whatever. Fighters say things all the time. I have a lot of respect for Roy, what he’s done in the sport. His statements that he’s making, I don’t really understand those. You’re there to try to win, try to beat the fighter, try to win in the most decisive way possible. Not to not be hurting your fighter, but taking advantage of a technicality for their safety.
MMAWeekly: Did you receive any feedback from the Nevada State Athletic Commission? Any from the UFC?
Dean: The commission was fine with my decision. The UFC doesn’t talk to me about my decision. I don’t know why people think that there’s a lot of communication with us going back and forth as far as what’s going on in the matches. There wasn’t anything that we needed to discuss. The fight was done, and we went home. It was pretty clear.

projekz
10-07-2009, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by LongCity
Rampage is funny as hell! He makes up for his team's continual losses.

He's the only reason why I still watch the show...Oh and Marcus Jones talking about his flowers and his sensitivity :rofl:

projekz
10-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Well...another disappointing fight. It wasn't too bad but still:dunno: Are my expectations too high?

projekz
10-15-2009, 11:04 AM
^^^^^

Gorilla
10-15-2009, 11:43 AM
What a bunk episode .. none of these guys can last in the UFC. Can you image someone like Brock taking on any of these guys.

I watch it more for Rampage's comedy.

mushi_mushi
10-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Alot of the fights in the first round seem like a mismatch, some of it has to do with Rampage's poor team/fight selection and inadequate coaching. Ditching the loosing fighters in the ring is a dick move, some of these guys gave it their all and just came up short, no need to discard them the way Rampage does. Hopefully the fights are more exciting in the second round.

nj2Type-S
10-15-2009, 12:04 PM
i don't really follow this series but how did kimbo get back in after being eliminated?:dunno:

HungryJack
10-15-2009, 11:21 PM
He didn't.

bmeier
10-15-2009, 11:59 PM
i think someone gets injured next episode and kimbo gets a chance to fight again.

HungryJack
10-16-2009, 12:20 AM
They've been teasing that since he got eliminated. Maybe he will, maybe he won't.

If he does get a chance to lose again, I have no doubt he will carpe diem the shit out of it.

hattonlynch
10-17-2009, 10:31 AM
this is the worst season ever of TUF. 90% of the fighters on the show are a complete load of crap.

403Gemini
10-19-2009, 10:14 PM
FINALLY got around to watching last weeks :facepalm: Just embarassing

alloroc
10-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by hattonlynch
this is the worst season ever of TUF. 90% of the fighters on the show are a complete load of crap.

50% ...

and Rampage picked them all :rofl:
That last fight where the guy (Sims) just lay there and let himself get chocked out was pathetic. So far the only 'loser' that at least showed an effort was Kimbo.

Criticull
10-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Justin Wren v. Randy Couture

I think Wren would arm triangle him lol.