PDA

View Full Version : Shedding the weight before winter

403Gemini
09-15-2009, 11:32 PM
So I was looking for a new supplement / training program to shed some of my weight before the winter hits, and a buddy mentioned to me of a ad he saw for acaiforce max/pro ... does this stuff actually work?

Any reviews of hydroxycut actually working?

Eca stacks the best?

I could do p90x again, but then my roommate will want to join me and honestly I work out better by myself - yeah i know its weird, but i can push myself harder by myself since i never feel like im being watched/compared. I dont like competition and its weird, if I work out with somebody I feel like i need to work out less intense in order so they dont feel as bad (or so i dont feel as out of place... i know its weird, but I am weird ;) ).

I plan on hitting the gym 3 times a week doing full body work outs, then in between those days doing 30-40 minute cardio days and taking 1 "break day" a week. I'll likely do this for the first month and then work on muscle focus groups - I read an article in Muscle & Fitness july 2009 issue about a "100's program" where you do 100 reps, 1 set ;
day 1(monday) is Chest exercise (dumbbell press/pushup/flye), Back exercise (bent-over row/ one-arm row/ pull over), abs (crunches)

day 2 (wednesday) is shoulder (overhead press/lateral raise), biceps (dumbbell curl / incline curl) , calves (standing calf raise/dumbbell seated calf raise)

day 3 (friday) is quads/glutes (bodyweightsquat/dumbell lunge/sissy squat), hamstrings (exercise-ball roll in), triceps (dumbbell lying triceps extension/bench dip), abs (reverse crunch).

Of course inbetween those days continue doing the 30-40 minute cardio.

I think on the cardio i will mix it up with 15-20 minute brisk walk then move over to the elpitical and do 15-20 min interval training (1 minute of non stopp all out 150%, then 2 minute cooldown, rinse repeat).

Does this seem like a decent plan? Any advice on supplements?

For my diet i've cut out almost all carbs except complex carbs (brown rice, whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta, etc). and even then I won't be eating that many carbs. I still plan on having 2-3 beer throughout the week, but I hope the cardio would melt off most of that. Laying off all of the deepfried food, no potatoes, only drinking water (other than the 2-3 beers a week ;) im still a man afterall).

So thoughts? You guys are the pros :D

Cheers

prae
09-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Never mind what you plan on doing. What are you doing already? Get your exercise routine established, and make it habit.

If I was you, I wouldn't even worry about supplements for the first six months.

A790
09-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Woah woah, STOP right now.

Fat loss is very easy without supplements. Proper diet + exercise. BOOM, done.

For your workout, I'd do a basic 5 x 5 powerlifitng routine. I lost nearly 60lbs that way and 18% off my body fat. See my 5 month challenge thread for a good place to start.

Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be.

wintonyk
09-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by A790
Woah woah, STOP right now.

Fat loss is very easy without supplements. Proper diet + exercise. BOOM, done.

For your workout, I'd do a basic 5 x 5 powerlifitng routine. I lost nearly 60lbs that way and 18% off my body fat. See my 5 month challenge thread for a good place to start.

Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be.

what he said... if you can avoid putting shit in your body. so many supplements have so much unnecessary crap in them.

calgarygts
09-16-2009, 04:00 PM
I really think if you don't have something you're training for specifically that requires strength or speed or power or something like that Crossfit is probably the way to go. Those workouts will whip you into shape and shed the pounds if that's what you're really after.
The day I'm done training for any sports I'll most likely start doing those workouts.

sputnik
09-16-2009, 04:01 PM
There is a much simpler diet that will actually SAVE you money.

Its called "put down the fork".