PDA

View Full Version : Aliens In Stettler???

im2fst4u
09-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Crop Circles Found In Stettler (http://www.albertalocalnews.com/reddeeradvocate/news/local/Crop_circles_draw_crowds_59329717.html)

http://media.albertalocalnews.com/images/320*296/IMG_0572.JPG

JfuckinC
09-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Google had crop circles as their logo yesterday, i'd assume it's just like crop circle week or something stupid haha..

Kennyredline
09-16-2009, 09:46 AM
From the thread title, I was thinking maybe there was a movement by Muslims to have their own part of the city....

Eleanor
09-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Although I do believe in aliens, I would hope they've got better things to do than flatten crops.

im2fst4u
09-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor
Although I do believe in aliens, I would hope they've got better things to do than flatten crops.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

GQBalla
09-16-2009, 09:50 AM

werd

Neil4Speed
09-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Kennyredline
From the thread title, I was thinking maybe there was a movement by Muslims to have their own part of the city....

I have met several muslims from Stettler - is there a large Muslim population there or something? lol

almerick
09-16-2009, 02:06 PM

:werd:

Kennyredline
09-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

I have met several muslims from Stettler - is there a large Muslim population there or something? lol
I dunno, my quote was based on the Muslim population in the N.E.(!) wanting to have thier own "community..." separate from everyone else, about a year ago or so.

mr2mike
09-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Definitley aliens with a 2x6 and a piece of rope tied to either side of it.

masoncgy
09-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Yeah, because no one has ever bothered to show how easy it is to make crop circles... :rolleyes:

Perhaps the citizens of Stettler could be summed up as 'alien' in some form or another... but as to textbook 'aliens'... haha.. no.

top_speed
09-17-2009, 12:15 PM
“Forming crop circles to attract tourists — good idea. It created some publicity and some positive interest in the community"

zieg
09-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
Definitley aliens with a 2x6 and a piece of rope tied to either side of it.

:werd:

Diocletian
09-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Aliens haven't come to earth. The whole idea is ridiculous

battleaxe1
09-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian

http://blog.pharmalive.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/o_rly.jpg

Ntense_SpecV
09-18-2009, 02:52 PM

I'm glad that you have extensively traveled throughout the universe to proclaim this statement. Did you take the Mass rapid universal transit on your journeys? I mean, rocket fuel has to be taxing on your pocket book.

GQBalla
09-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV

I'm glad that you have extensively traveled throughout the universe to proclaim this statement. Did you take the Mass rapid universal transit on your journeys? I mean, rocket fuel has to be taxing on your pocket book.

:rofl: :rofl:

Diocletian
09-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV

I enjoy your attempt at humour but it doesn't change the fact that it's unreasonable to assume that alien beings have made it to earth.

tarrantas
09-18-2009, 04:46 PM
^^ Explain? why so unreasonable??

im2fst4u
09-18-2009, 04:55 PM

I enjoy your attempt at humour but it doesn't change the fact that it's unreasonable to assume that alien beings have made it to earth.

Yes, please elaborate how you came to this conclusion?

Diocletian
09-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by tarrantas
^^ Explain? why so unreasonable??

First - To believe that this was possible you'd have to believe that intelligent life evolved. This is quite a leap in it's self as even if simple life may be comment in the universe, intelligent life has only evolved once on earth in billions of years of evolution.

Second - This intelligent life would have to be living at the same time that we are. This perhaps doesn't seem that significant at first but you have to consider that the age of our planet is around 4.5 billion years old and that we humans have, as a species, only been around for a couple hundred thousand years - a small faction of the history of life on earth. We have only created sophisticated technology in the last couple centuries.

This intelligent life (likely to be very very rare) would have to have amassed far more sophisticated technology than we have. We are no where near being able to transport our species to and back from mars safely, let alone travel to outside of the solar system. This leads into my next point which is that with our current understanding of physics faster than light travel should not be possible. If this is true (and in all likelyhood it is), then it would take decades to reach even the closest solar systems centuries or more to reach others.

Now if you had all these things come together for which the odds are astronomical (no pun intended), you'd also have to believe that off all the places they could visit, they chose earth. Not only this, but they came here secretly and leave virtually no evidence - accept for a few crop circles and mutilated cows lol.

Toma
09-18-2009, 06:56 PM
LOL.... He has a good point... WHY would you think Aliens have been here, could get here, or even exist at the time we are currently living in?

Aliens have not been here and if they exist at this TIME, they can't get here.

You may now return to your FANTASY world of Star Trek.

se7en
09-19-2009, 12:16 AM

says the same idiot who wants to raise gas prices, and can't even find his own thread :P

go take the bus :)