PDA

View Full Version : Bank Positions

Paul
11-11-2003, 02:21 PM
hey,

I will be graduating in April with B. MGT in finance from uleth, (also have a Business Admin Diploma in Managerial Finance from MRC) and was wondering if there are any good banking positions around calgary. My bro did the B. Comm route from U of C and started working at the call center for Action Direct, the Royal Banks discount brokerage, no unfortunately for me the shut down that branch and the only Action Direct call center is in Toronto.

Do any other banks have discount brokerage's that have call center's located in Calgary? Are there any other area's that i should be focusing in on? I really want to be working for a bank (a reputable one) come Sept. of next year.

Thanks in advance for any responses, and PS: if you work in a bank and need people come sept. think of me!:thumbsup:

Paul
11-11-2003, 02:22 PM
oh yeah, one more thing

i don't wanna be a teller.

kenny
11-11-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Paul
oh yeah, one more thing

i don't wanna be a teller.

If you're qualified to work in the higher ranks of a bank, you get promoted from the teller position after like 2 weeks. A friend of mine graduated from U of C and applied at a bank. He was offered a teller job and within 2 weeks he was promoted to the back of the bank doing stuff that was more along the lines of his degree.

Give it a shot :) Teller position is probably best way to get into the bank industry.

Paul
11-11-2003, 05:20 PM
hey thanks,

my bro even told me to take a teller position, he said the same thing i wouldn't be there long. i'm kinda hoping that he'll be able to hook me up with a better job anyways, his official position at Action Direct is Manager Action Direct Investment Center and my broker is VP at RBC Dominion Securities (DS) so i think i gotta few contacts with the Royal Bank.

I guess being a teller wouldn't be so bad anyways.

thanks again